• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well BollWeevil, I just hope you keep me and everyone else updated through this whole process, especially in terms of how long your w/d is lasting and such. I'm going to be jumping off Suboxone after 13 months on after tapering to 0.5mg - 1mg a day. I'm scared. lol

Sure thing! I'm hoping for the same thing you are... not too long or difficult of w/d.

I can't believe the potency of 0.3mg bupe! I thought that would be a fine place to stop at, but apparently, you're supposed to go lower.

Bah might get my sub script taken away, my parents found out I used twice while on it, and they dont wanna pay for it just so i dont get sick. In case I do lose the script I know a guy with 2mg subs....

this thread is for information on the different formulations of buprenorphine and not to help you find a good deal. if you're after what people pay for their subs then check out the price thread after reading the rules and guidelines to familiarise yourself with how things are ran in OD. - leftwing

Last edited by a moderator:
well.. i guess i'll wait for da mods or maybe sum1 wit sum knowledge will answer my questions..

thanx in advanced

well.. i guess i'll wait for da mods or maybe sum1 wit sum knowledge will answer my questions..

thanx in advanced

If you read some of my recent posts, I'm going through the exact same thing you are (bupe and benzo dual addiction... I started at 3mg Suboxone snorted daily, and 3mg Xanax daily). The biggest problem I had when tapering down initially was the fact that the drugs potentiate each other so much that even the smallest decrease in either drug is pretty dramatic. What I eventually did was gradually switch from Xanax to Klonopin because it lasts longer and makes tapering easier (note that Klonopin isn't the most ideal benzo to switch to; Valium is. The equivalency between these benzos is 0.5mg Xanax = 0.5mg Klonopin = 10mg Valium. When you're switching from one benzo to another, gradually work in about 0.5mg of Klonopin or 10mg Valium approximately every week (take more time if needed), replacing 0.5mg of the Xanax. You'll have to switch from Xanax because it is way too short lasting, and when you get to lower doses you will w/d between doses)

Now, let me explain how I got to where I am now. First, I concentrated on dropping from 3mg Suboxone up the nose to 0.3mg also up the nose, over the course of a few months, all the while tapering down my benzo dosage, which, as I said earlier, I had switched from Xanax to Klonopin (through these months, I only dropped about half of the total benzo dose). I did this very gradually, and focused on the Suboxone first because of a few reasons, one being the fact that benzo tapers take an incredible amount of time, and the other reason, as I explain a bit more later, makes it easy to get a doctor to help you get off benzos (they know how dangerous benzo w/d is...). I'm now w/ding a bit from completely stopping the Suboxone A) because it's so damn strong, and B) because the mixture of the drugs makes for both drugs acting stronger than either drug on it's own. I will be able to deal with the w/ds, but I'd recommend getting a few weaker opiates to to the last part of the Suboxone taper with, after you get down to, say, about 0.5mg or maybe even a little less. Then you have the Klonopin taper to worry about, but any doctor will understand that you can die from w/ding from benzos, and you should be able to get a legitimate script to go nice and slow off of them.

Anyways, that's my plan, and it seems to be working pretty well for me. Like I said, I went from 3mg snorted Suboxone and 3mg Xanax per day to no Suboxone and about 0.75mg Klonopin in a matter of about 3 months(give or take a few weeks). It's not going to be easy to do, but it shouldn't be too painful either if you go slow!

If you want to know everything there is to know about benzo w/d, I reccomend reading the Ashton Manual, so you know exactly what you're in for and how to prepare for it. Good luck!

Last edited:
How ouwld anyone suffer zero WD's when jumping from 2mg of bupe. The only people who believe that you don't have WD at 2mg are the suboxone doctors.

heh. I actually did come off 8 CT but only after about 1 month of use. But yeah, good point, bupe docs are morons who get all of their info about bupe from the inserts in the box and from drug company reps. If Rickett and Benckiser actually wanted anyone to ever taper off using bupe in a realistic fashion, they would have produced a 100 microgram tablet as well as the 2 mg and 8 mg tabs. This would allow Johnny End User to really do a refined taper and jump clear from a very low dose. Fact is, however, the company only wants a maintenance drug, not a taper/WD medication because maintenance means lots more $$$.

I think that one thing to remember about suboxone is the very long half life and that when tapering time between doses is an important factor. When I was first rx'd subs I was on 24mg/day and after 2 months I was on 16mg/day, and then 12mg/day, and now 8mg/day. I plan to start getting rx'd the 2mg so I can go down to 6/mg, then 4mg, then 2mg/day, then 1mg/day, then .5mg/day over the next 4-5 months. If all goes to plan I will have been on sub maint for 14 months or so and I am hoping that I am able to live my life normally without suboxone.

But, if I can't I know that I can always go back to suboxone which for me is much better than my daily heroin habit of 5 years was.

Well I guess since this still keeps getting responses I'll finish it up and respond. As you can see I posted this on Sept 17th and its now October 6th so its pretty outdated.

To everyone who thought i was bullshitting or what not, no I didn't have a WDs. I haven't taken sub since. It could have been my free ticket who knows. I was on a small amount as I posted in the beginning and only for a month.

So yeah.... Never got WDs. So yeah I think we can settle this now. Everyone's bio and chem makeup is different. Granted people have withdrawn off of less, I don't know what to say other than this time it didn't happen. Not that I think I can get away with this all the time.....

Well, I've been taking it daily for about a week. I didn't take any yesterday, but tonight I didn't take any more or less than my dosing the previous few days but had a sip of promethazine and I feel great. No headache, and no nausea.

Tried this again today, and the bupe is SO much better with promethazine. Way more noticeable effects. And as a side note, when I used promethazine with hydro/oxy I couldn't tell the difference.

lilczey you might want to keep out all the social banter in your post and keep to the topic and you'll probably find more people reading and answering your questions.

anyone else out there attempt smoking subs? i love smoking OC.80s and and addicted to the immediate feelings and quick come up and it seems to be a bit stronger then inter nasal,<snip>

What happens to the subs/OC when you start smoking them?

Its not something I have ever, or will try - I'm just curious.

Does it "run" on the foil like smack, or does it just turn black and burn? Do you have to add anything to the sub before you start?

major bump

i just wanted to comment that the mods on this thread r doing a great job.. n sir cap-e-ton heroin u being off h fer soo long i think ur rank should b removed lol na tho in all seriousness tho everyone knows me but i don't think we have had the pleasure of talking but ur great man keep up the good work.. n all the senior mods that kno me u already kno Watt it is

but just a Lil side bar i'd like to kno watts good wit benzo's n sub..
Haha, thanks for the compliment. I try really hard for this thread so that people have another outlet of support when using Suboxone, which has been helpful for many people (myself included) when it comes to quitting and tapering.

As for the side bar: benzos and Suboxone can be a really nice combination. However, too much benzos can really be bad with Suboxone - you won't be breathing too quickly, you'll be nodding out too hard, and you'll regress to the age of a child and start making no sense/making a fool out of yourself.

How I like to combine benzos with Suboxone is through low doses of benzos - so the synergy is still "really good" and not "too much". I.E. with my Suboxone dose, 0.5mg of alprazolam or 1mg of lorazepam work really well for me.

i have been on sub for over a year n sum change maybe longer n zans Lil less than that with them i was doing 2 zans a day 1 mg, in combo wit the sub ' dosed together lol ' but anywho now i do 2 mgs of blues or bars orally wit my normal dose of sub which is usually around 2 to 4 mgs sniffed/snorted..

n my concern is the whole idea behind these 2 together i mean i kno the basics i wouldn't be combining them if i didn't..

but i wanna kno in detail.. plus Watt would it b like wit the withdraws cuz i kno benzo withdraw is bad alone.. i wanna kno Watt im doin to myself or can do..

plus these aren't really my drug of choice i kinda got caught up in it wit my wife who which everyone knows was in a bad car incident with metal rods n screws in her back broke ribs broke t2 thru t10 large scars permit damage the list goes on so she's on these meds for pain self medicaided n prescribed.. lol
Well, 2mg of alprazolam is quite high - what I would do is slowly reduce your dose of alprazolam to 1.5mg/day, then 1mg/day, then 0.5mg/day. Then, you can jump off completely or stay at 0.5mg/day for a while.

Overall, taking a benzo with Suboxone on a daily basis would be undesirable for me, personally. I think taking benzos every day for quite a while reduces their medicinal efficacy, and keeping Xanax as a once-a-week or less frequent thing is a lot better than taking it every day.

I am really sorry to hear about the bad car accident and the pain.

Cessate the Xanax first - then you won't have as bad "wd's" (if you have them at all).

but to Da other question i love psyc's n they love me so these combo's that i use daily combined witt ecstasy/mushrooms/nos/bzp [ witt the occasional dirty e ]/special k/2-cb sum other rc's n other psyc's that may happen to pop up not all at the same time of course. Watt would these substances combined do to the psyc's?? as much info as u can tell me cuz that is a wide array of substances..

plus if ms. mod lacey k.. my home girl katy if u look at this thread call me!!! when u gonna visit again?? or if anyone talks to her tell her to hit me
Psychedelics + buprenorphine is a really lovely combination. On the days you use psychedelics, I would forget about Xanax (or take 0.25mg or 0.5mg - a low dose) so the benzo doesn't take away from the trip at all.

Mushrooms, MDMA, LSD, Ketamine = all great with buprenorphine.

finished my suboxone yesterday and am making pst again today. I dont even know why I just went and bought it and didn't even think about it once, i didnt even really have cravings just thought 'i want to get high'.

fuck you world

What's the best way to take suboxone? i mean snorting it, crushing it up then put it under the tongue or put it under the tongue? also I want to start tapering off, I've been prescribed this stuff for a really long time and i think i want to stop taking it but i've read the wd's can be pretty bad if you just stop taking it so I'm wondering if I should come up with a schedule to start tapering off

The "best way" to take Suboxone varies depending on what you are actually talking about.

Some people are more interested in the following factors than others:

* duration of effects
* easiest ROA for tapering
* effects themselves (the recreational high/rush)
* highest BA
* what ROA will render the lowest dose needed so as to stretch out the stash
* which ROA will produce the least WD effects

and so on.

It's important to remember that using Suboxone sublingually is going to keep its duration the longest, whereas snorting has a slightly higher BA but a shorter duration, and IVing has the highest BA (100%) but shortest duration.

So, overall, the answer depends on what you're looking for out of Suboxone, but, for most people, sublingual will be the best ROA.

^Yes, taper, read some above posts. I'm having trouble coming off 0.3mg snorted per day. (snorting is a good bit stronger than under the tongue, maybe 2x as strong, give or take... If you're gonna put under your tongue, don't crush it first because you will swallow much more.)

The BA of oral buprenorphine = 10%
The BA of sublingual buprenorphine = 30%-33%
The BA of snorted buprenorphine = 50%

I wouldn't say it's 2x as better, it's more like 1.5x better.

Yeah, unfortunately for me, I just moved and don't have access to the street drugs I did a month ago, and my supply only allowed to taper down to the ~0.3mg... I was buying the bupe off the street because of the ridiculous price of the doctors, and the fact that I had originally switched to methadone to taper, which I hated. (And $11 per day at the clinic!?! My ass!)

I really wish I could drive back to my hometown and buy some damn hydrocodone, taper from there, and then smoke a joint... Oh well, hopefully a bit of loperamide, some extra clonazepam (on top of what I'm already addicted to :(), and some Tylenol will suffice.

I think it's really sad when people resort to buying ORT meds off the street instead of getting them, legitimately, from a doctor. This is a sign, and proof, that Suboxone is massively inflated in terms of its price and it is actually not worth that much.

does bupe actually stop all OXY w/d? I want stop the 2 week binge im on... i have plenty of subs..

but im hoping i will be able to go to work and act normal.. and not look ridiculous or feel like shit at work...

only been taking like 60-90mgs of oxy a day

oh and i dose every day at around 5pm and dont even start really feeling w/d until 5pm the next day 24hrs later

I wouldn't say it stops "all WD symptoms", but it certainly does reduce most of them. If you want a quantitative amount of WD symptom reduction, I would say at least 2/3 if not up to 90% of WD symptoms are removed by the first, second, or third dose of Suboxone.

If you have plenty of subs, then you should be able to have a much smoother, easier WD by utilizing Suboxone for a week or two.

Just make sure you are in full WD from the oxy before taking Suboxone.

Bah might get my sub script taken away, my parents found out I used twice while on it, and they dont wanna pay for it just so i dont get sick. In case I do lose the script I know a guy with 2mg subs..

If your parents are going to take away your Suboxone because you relapsed while taking it, it's like, do they want you to relapse, or get clean?

It's going to take some time for the mental cravings to subside, and staying on Suboxone will help you with that.

Coming off of Suboxone is only going to help reinforce a relapse for you.

I would be polite and straight up with your parents - just tell them how you still have a chance with Suboxone because you only used twice while on it, whereas you certainly would be using a lot more without it. One day, you may be able to quit for good while on Suboxone - without Suboxone, you will certainly relapse.

finished my suboxone yesterday and am making pst again today. I dont even know why I just went and bought it and didn't even think about it once, i didnt even really have cravings just thought 'i want to get high'.

fuck you world

Maybe you can set the PPT aside and go get some more Suboxone?

Or is that not an option at all?

Maybe you can set the PPT aside and go get some more Suboxone?

Or is that not an option at all?

Its such a fucking pain in the ass to go there every morning that Id rather not. Maybe I will just have to taper with pst as it is very long acting and if I do a small dose its just like sub, no high but no cravings or wd. It is only seed tea btw, not pods so its much weaker, Id say the 1kg dose I do is about equivalent to 100mg of oxy that lasts 12-20 hours with less rush.

I think that is what I have to do. I just feel so fucking useless after making that effort and fucking it up again.

Its such a fucking pain in the ass to go there every morning that Id rather not. Maybe I will just have to taper with pst as it is very long acting and if I do a small dose its just like sub, no high but no cravings or wd.

I think that is what I have to do.

It is very possible and I know it can be done. I have heard of others doing it that way.

PPT is a lot more likely to yield a successful taper than heroin is, so good luck with it if that's what you'd like to do.

I'm sorry it's a pain in the ass to go get Suboxone on a daily basis, hence why I pick up a month's worth of Suboxone (which actually stretches me...4 to 6 months? Sounds about right)

I don't know what "units" or "volumes" or "measurements" are accurate as far as PPT goes, but if you reduce you daily dose by 0.5% or 1%, the WD should be a lot more doable.

Let us know what you have decided and how it goes for you.

It is just a matter of dropping it down to 500g instead of 1kg of seeds as that will hold me, do that for a few days then start dropping it 100g at a time. I could do it quite comfortably but the 'I want to get high life is boring' mindset is what fucks me and makes me go do 2kg and a few valiums to get a buzz every few days.

It is just a matter of dropping it down to 500g instead of 1kg of seeds as that will hold me, do that for a few days then start dropping it 100g at a time.
Cool, it sounds very doable. I'm glad you can be "held" by 1/2 of your dose, that's a good sign you should be able to taper with PPT.

If I was trying to taper with heroin, half a line of heroin wouldn't have held me at all and it would have been very frustrating to do such a thing.

With PPT - I'm sure it'll be tons easier and much less frustrating.

I could do it quite comfortably but the 'I want to get high life is boring' mindset is what fucks me and makes me go do 2kg and a few valiums to get a buzz every few days.
The "I want to get high - life is so boring" part can be fixed with a variety of different things.

Hobbies, activities, sports, physical exercise, sex, watching the rain drop outside while on LSD, all sorts of every day fun activities can help you get over the "life is boring" part.

And, of course, weed is perfect for the "I want to get high" part.

If this is still an issue - the "I want to get high life is so boring" - try talking about it (to someone in IRL, or you can PM me).

The "I want to get high - life is so boring" part can be fixed with a variety of different things.

Hobbies, activities, sports, physical exercise, sex, watching the rain drop outside while on LSD, all sorts of every day fun activities can help you get over the "life is boring" part.

I already do everything in the book, have sex, ride bikes, go to the gym, do programming for fun, play with fast cars, drive fast cars, I have every thing so perfect yet it isn't good enough. I've spoken to loads of counsellors and even found some good ones but unless I put in the effort it is not going to work and that is a problem, I can be very very lazy. I don't know, I'm looking for a magic fix everything button and I'm never going to find it, well I did for a while opiates LOL, but then they stop working and fuck you over.

I know you are trying to help capt H but I think youve done all you can, its up to me now.

Last edited:
I was forced into buprenorphine withdrawal due to being imprisoned. Prior to this, I had an on and off addiction of about 6mg per day.

Truth be told, it was very mild and I was quite surprised at how little I felt.

On the other hand, I believe I suffer from post-acute withdrawal; because, after 35 or so days, I was still rather lethargic and even had peripheral side-effects such as uncontrollable sneezing. It was as if I was in a perpetual 'day 4 or 5' heroin withdrawal state (better, but still a total mindfuck [derealization], mild physical symptoms, etc.). It just never seemed to go away.

I ended up getting back on after being released and have been on approximately 1.0-1.5mg per day ever since.

I almost feel like I'd be better off if I switched to a shorter acting opioid and withdrew cold turkey. I've experienced many heroin withdrawals and, as someone said above, it never really seemed to persist past the 5-7 day mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.