• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detoxing poison from the system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with coolio. No matter how much you've had spilt down your back, by now your body has naturally "detoxed" it.

well I can tell you that this simply not the case, my boxy hasn't "detoxed" it and thats why i'm reaching out trying to find ways to do this ...

bloody semantics

I say the best thing to do at the moment is teach yourself as much as you can about how your body deals with toxins.

thanks, this is a bit more constructive then simply "your body clears toxins of its own accord and there isn't anything you can do to assist the process"

its as if some people truly believe the body is just a machine and it actually separate from your own being

just to let u all know, i haven't been drinking/smoking/taking drugs all year.. so maybe my body is detoxing all this stuff as well.. and it's just a process that requires much of this stuff to come out of their little hiding places in the fat stores and whatever else...

The earth is flat. Bloody semantics 8).

What does referring to simple physiological FACTS (which are as verifiable as the FACT that an average human hand has 5 fingers, although you might want to argue this one too) have to do with our philosophy on what the body is?

Let me give you this one: By buying into this "detoxing" crap, you're buying into a hip, new, CONSUMERIST health fad. If you truly wanna rebel (which is what you seem to be trying to do), you need to look past the clever marketing.

As for your drugs/drinking, YOU (notice: not your body) have already detoxed everything, even the fat-soluble THC, by now. Drugs are "detoxed" at the rate their half-lives are given, give or take a bit.

Just my 2c.

---

Mehm: I don't know how one increases blood-flow to the liver, but inducing certain enzymes is not the most healthy way to improve elimination of toxins, as it in itself is the result of the action of other drugs, which in fact need to be detoxed too, besides having potential unforeseen toxic effects due to the change in metabolism. And eating a certain herb, which contains a thousand and one chemicals, means that these thousand and one different chemicals will also have to be detoxed as well...

Last edited:
ok... this is good

i need to hear this

so what your saying (just so i can clarify) is that healthy eating does NOT assist the body in detoxing itself...

so i could just go out and eat pizza and bear and leave all that detoxing crap behind ... and my body will do an equally good job of cleaning itself?

is this what your saying ?

or have i mis-read?

do you see no correlation between the food you eat and the abilities of your body to cleanse itself

because to me it would seem that certain food would assist the process ? (or at the VERY least make you feel lighter and fresher)

i remember when i used to drink heaps of vegie juices... it was great, i felt so alive, and it felt so good especially when the beetroot came from my own garden (but maybe this is just marketing crap ?)

seriously, i'm open to any suggestions you have ... fire away

so what your saying (just so i can clarify) is that healthy eating does NOT assist the body in detoxing itself...

so i could just go out and eat pizza and bear and leave all that detoxing crap behind ... and my body will do an equally good job of cleaning itself?

This is not that relevant. One should eat well all the time, not just when accidents happen or habitual problems become apparent.

^ it's totally relevant

'shoulda-coulda-woulda'

often its when things like this happen that we reconnect with the importance of treating our body with respect and love

I believe things like this happen to wake us up ... and althoug I'm going thru a challenging period in life right now ... I definitely feel it has been another blessing in disguise

so whats your opinion on accupuncture and alternative healing?

coz I had a nightmarish experience going thru the western medical system when i was 17.

All these doctors seemed to view the body as a machine, ect, ect...

so eventually I went and saw a naturopath/acupuncturist who treated my whole energy system and from the very beginning it just felt right and every week my symptoms were healing and I eventually got on top of the dis-ease

i DO appreciate western medicine and i remind myself that it has saved my life... so i do see the major benefits of the western medical system, I just feel this way of thinking can become very narrow-minded if seen as 'the only way'

This is what I think of acupuncture:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/h...e-has-almost-no-effect-in-relieving-pain.html

Acupuncture 'has almost no effect in relieving pain'
The pain relieving effects of acupuncture are so small that they may be clinically irrelevant, according to a review of research into the treatment.

Scientists looking at 13 studies into the traditional therapy, in which needles are placed into the skin to stimulate specific pressure points, found its effect on pain reduction to be around just four per cent.

The effect is so small that it is not statistically significant, and does not even register as "minimal", they said.

The studies, which involved more than 3,000 patients, compared the effects of the treatment against "sham" acupuncture, in which needles are usually placed far from m traditional acupuncture points and closer to the surface of the skin.

Researchers at the Nordic Cochrane Centre in Copenhagen, who published their results on the BMJ journal, looked at the ability of acupuncture to relieve that pain of a number of conditions including osteoarthritis in the knee, migraine and pain in the lower back.

Asbjørn Hrobjartsson, from the centre, who led the study, said that the findings questioned the theory that acupuncture had a strong impact on feelings of pain.

But Dr Adrian White and Dr Mike Cummings, from the British Medical Acupuncture Society, writing in the same journal, said that although the overall effect was not large the therapy could be useful for some conditions, particularly musculoskeletal conditions, for which there are few other treatments.

Last week scientists warned that the therapeutic effects of acupuncture were mostly in the mind.

Because they studied "sham" acupuncture, where the acupuncturist stuck needles in random spots that had nothing to do with their meridians and chi flow, and found that the placebo effect was more powerful of a painkiller than the real acupuncture technique.

ok... this is good

i need to hear this

or have i mis-read?

do you see no correlation between the food you eat and the abilities of your body to cleanse itself

because to me it would seem that certain food would assist the process ? (or at the VERY least make you feel lighter and fresher)

i remember when i used to drink heaps of vegie juices... it was great, i felt so alive, and it felt so good especially when the beetroot came from my own garden (but maybe this is just marketing crap ?)

The problem is that you seem to think that words like "pure" and "clean" apply to human health. Cleanliness is just a construct of human language and culture. It has no basis in reality.

There's nothing dirty or toxic about most recreational drugs either... once the effects of the drug wear off, you're back to normal.

The problem is that you seem to think that words like "pure" and "clean" apply to human health. Cleanliness is just a construct of human language and culture. It has no basis in reality.

There's nothing dirty or toxic about most recreational drugs either... once the effects of the drug wear off, you're back to normal.

the problem is, you seem to think i actually used the words "pure" and "clean" in my post ?

you're taking this way of topic and not offering any real solutions/advice

and as far as acupuncture goes... I wouldn't be surprised at all if that study was sponsored by some pharmaceutical company

my experience with acupuncture has been nothing short of profound, the shift it has on my energy system is simply astounding....

all i can go on is experience... and all you seem to have is an article found on the internet :\

mr_p said:

See above.

If acupuncture is bunk, how is it used to perform open heart surgery with no anesthetics?

or have i mis-read?

Besides the fact that I agree that this is irrelevant...

No, there is no correlation. This is life - you are built to cleanse yourself while you eat. This is nature (as in, the biosphere). This is how all animals work.

Assuming that what you're eating doesn't seriously (ie. actively) interfere with metabolism (for example, grapefruit juice), then go for it. If pizza makes you feel good, then why not? I eat pizza every weekend at my favourite parlour at the weekend market. It makes me feel like an accomplished person, having survived a week of work to earn a stroll through the antiques market and eat this wonderful pizza. No, I've never noticed it interfering with my body's ability to cleanse itself, but I DID notice that it made me feel GREAT.

You have internal organs for a reason, and having them do their cleanup work is a natural part of life, otherwise they wouldn't be there, right?

"Light" and "fresh" are subjective, arbitrary terms. "Toxins", on the other hand, is an objective, empirically-measurable term. You simply cannot quantify "freshness" (as an emotion) in order to correlate it with toxin levels.

Don't get me wrong - like I mention in the first part of this post - certain foods DO have positive emotional (and perhaps, spiritual) effects, its just that these effects should not be conflated with pharmacodynamics.

Much of this makes little sense. I don't understand, but I suppose you were trying to be sarcastic somehow?

Whatever. I'm off.

p.s. "Semantics" is such a convenient way to escape any kind of counter-argument, isn't it?

as you may have picked up, i'm not a very good at expressing myself

so let me clarify

I LOVE pizza... i had a really nice yummy seafood pizza today

lets agree to disagree on the correlation between foods eaten and the bodies ability to cleanse, *ahem* i mean detox, or whatever scientifically correct term is used for the body ridding itself of all the *crap*

~peace~

Well you asked for advice, and I gave it. There is nothing to disagree about. Obviously, we were talking about Pizza the whole time, since loving or hating it seems to be of far more importance than the actual subject of discussion 8).

Why do I even bother? *sigh*

and as far as acupuncture goes... I wouldn't be surprised at all if that study was sponsored by some pharmaceutical company

my experience with acupuncture has been nothing short of profound, the shift it has on my energy system is simply astounding....

all i can go on is experience... and all you seem to have is an article found on the internet :\

Same here my friend. I've posted about acupuncture in this forum in the past. It has helped me immensely.

bentonite clay. seriously look it up.
you can use it to help remove chemicals from your body.
if you don't feel better after doing the clay mask - go to the doctor.
djh

Eat right, exercise, stay away from excess drugs. It really is that simple. The body detoxes itself continuosly and it is easier just not to put any toxins in your body and stay healthy. Detoxing is a load of new age bullshit. The reason those "energy" things work is placebo. Probably the same reason you still aren't feeling right, all in your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.