• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The NEW reformulated round Opana ER Mega Thread v.1 really? again??

CONCAVE

The tablets contain the following inactive ingredients: hypromellose, polyethylene oxide, polyethylene glycol, α-tocopherol, citric acid, polyvinyl alcohol, titanium dioxide, macrogol and talc.

In addition, the 5 mg, 7.5 mg and 30 mg tablets contain iron oxide red.

The 7.5 mg tablets contain iron oxide black, and iron oxide yellow.

The 10 mg tablets contain FD&C yellow No. 6.

The 20 mg tablets contain FD&C blue No. 1, FD&C yellow No. 6, and D&C yellow No. 10.

The 40 mg tablets contain FD&C yellow No. 6, and D&C yellow No. 10.

CONVEX

The tablets contain the following inactive ingredients: hypromellose, polyethylene oxide, polyethylene glycol, α-tocopherol, citric acid, polyvinyl alcohol, titanium dioxide, macrogol and talc.

In addition, the 5 mg, 7.5 mg and 30 mg tablets contain iron oxide red.

The 7.5 mg tablets contain iron oxide black, and iron oxide yellow.

The 10 mg tablets contain FD&C yellow No. 6.

The 20 mg tablets contain FD&C blue No. 1, FD&C yellow No. 6, and D&C yellow No. 10.

The 40 mg tablets contain FD&C yellow No. 6, and D&C yellow No. 10.

they have the exact same ingredients ?

Wow, I just found out about the new round ones a week or so ago, and the concave ones were not on the sites' pic, only the new round ones, and the old octagon ones. Now a week later, they have another new one? Must have been one heck of a lot of complaining way fast to get a change like that going so quickly! I hope there better than the round ones, I heard nothing but bad about those. If anyone gets a hold of the concave ones, post your input ASAP!

They may have the same ingredients, but maybe put together in a different way or in different amounts so that they dissolve a little easier, or are not so hard on the tummy? Just a thought.

I got my hands on one of the yellow 40 mg ER Opanas. Nobody has heard anything? When I try to crush it, it just flattens out. I would really like to find a way to snort these :(. Rubbing alcohol soak and filter doesn't work?

I got my hands on one of the yellow 40 mg ER Opanas. Nobody has heard anything? When I try to crush it, it just flattens out. I would really like to find a way to snort these :(. Rubbing alcohol soak and filter doesn't work?

I doubt it. You should exchange it for your DOC. Unless you can handle ~4 to 8mg of oxymorphone in your bloodstream at a time, and want to take it orally. I've heard these come out the other end undigested.

Imagine these things are a piece of gum. Trying to snort a piece of gum is near impossible. Also, digesting gum is very hard and as tricomb said will often come out of your bum in the same shape as you sent it down.

Imagine these things are a piece of gum. Trying to snort a piece of gum is near impossible. Also, digesting gum is very hard and as tricomb said will often come out of your bum in the same shape as you sent it down.

Yeah 7 years later ;)

That is such a bummer! I'm about to get my script of 30s in a few days and I don't know how to snort them? I don't want to take them orally it's not effective at all for me. And the way you guys describe them I doubt taking it orally does anything especially if they come out you butt whole. God this really sucks... CAN YOU GRIND Them?

That is such a bummer! I'm about to get my script of 30s in a few days and I don't know how to snort them? I don't want to take them orally it's not effective at all for me. And the way you guys describe them I doubt taking it orally does anything especially if they come out you butt whole. God this really sucks... CAN YOU GRIND Them?

You could try grinding it in a coffee grinder. I still doubt this will help even if you manage to powder it.

You should switch to another pain medication if orally does not work.

New on here and not sure if posting on right board or not, but here goes.........I was diagnosed with two herniated discs in neck two years ago. Started seeing a Pain Management doctor, got 90 vic tens on first visit which was increased to 180 vic tens after getting MRI. Was than put on Morphine 30 x 2 and two Norco for breakthrough pain, told doctor that morphine did not work , and he put me on Opana 10 ER and two vic 10 for breakthrough, 6 months he changed it to Opana ER 20 x 2 and same two vic 10 for breakthrough, i did not ask for increase in dose.......Now I just recieved script and can not snort them and swallowing them does not do anything...........So this is a two part question, first........Any way at all to snort the new Opana ??? I have seen on various boards about the microwave/freezer method for OP's but will same method work for Opana ? If so, how is it done, as I have never did it........and secondly, could I call my doc and tell him they are not working, or they upset my stomache, and have him change it to something else ? I have never had any probs with any urine tests and have never asked for an increase in dosage of any kind, except the one time I said the morphine was making me sick, .......If I call what exactly should I say? Should I say they are not working or just that they are making me sick, I would really love and appreciate any answers anyone could give, again for such a long post but as I said I am new on here.........................

I think we (people on pain management) are basically..well..screwed. This is from someone whom is not held from withdrawal if only taking Oxymorphone orally, so I do not take this problem lightly. Part of my problem is I don't know what to ask my doctor next week...because I don't know of anything stronger. Maybe someone could at least point some of us in the right direction .. towards a pharmaceutical that we aren't aware of & has yet to be mentioned in this thread. The new hydromorphone time-release in the US is of no use to me, as it's highest dose is tiny. I take 2 x 100mg per day of oxymorphone ER not including any breakthrough. Is there anything of close strength to switch to?
*sigh* why did endo do this? 8(

Please message if you find anything out on any other boards you happen to be on.......I'm just not sure what to ask my doctor w/o looking like I am seeking.........

I think we (people on pain management) are basically..well..screwed. This is from someone whom is not held from withdrawal if only taking Oxymorphone orally, so I do not take this problem lightly. Part of my problem is I don't know what to ask my doctor next week...because I don't know of anything stronger. Maybe someone could at least point some of us in the right direction .. towards a pharmaceutical that we aren't aware of & has yet to be mentioned in this thread. The new hydromorphone time-release in the US is of no use to me, as it's highest dose is tiny. I take 2 x 100mg per day of oxymorphone ER not including any breakthrough. Is there anything of close strength to switch to?
*sigh* why did endo do this? 8(
That's a hefty dose. If the dilaudid doesn't help for breakthrough (the IR ones) maybe try fentanyl? That's the only thing I can really think of thats "commonly" prescribed after opana

UGH, what are they doing to us!

So I am a chronic PM patient. 5 major back surgeries, Spinal cord stimulator,CRPS and so on. I have been on 30 mg opana er and 10 mg opana ir twice a day for about 6 months now. Opana a year and a half all together. Just went to PM apt. and the A##H&*( lowered my dose to 20 mg opana er and 10 mg opana ir twice a day. Just got my new sealed bottle of 60 20mg opana er "NEW NDC and tablet appearance". Yes they are the new concave formula. I just took one and I will keep you all posted on how things go throughout the next few days. I do hope that they give me relief like the old ones do or else I will be changing my medication, to what? I don't know, I am open to suggestions. I am happy that they are taking steps on the whole pill abuse thing but at who's expense? I know the last reformulation was a disaster, totally messed it up for the honest people who really need this medication to aid in daily pain management. For what!? so they can SLEEP better at nite. What about the people that need this medicine to work properly so THEY are able to SLEEP better, walk better LIVE BETTER!? The people that we need to blame are the PM DOCS for giving this drug so freely. They are the ones who screwed it up for everyone. The legal drug dealers. If you are not careful those PM docs will turn you into a monster! Sorry for going on and on, a little venting I guess. I hope I don't offend anyone here. As I said I will be keeping posts over the next few days and I hope I am able to give some good information to you all! GOOD LUCK to everyone.

Last edited:
new formulation suckssss, im gonna try some sovents and some filtering to see if i can get anything in powder form :D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^OK folks so I am about 4 hours in and it seems that this formulation is much better than the last^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dont think this is going to be something that can be recreational everyone. I think ENDO has reached their goal. I am sure that if I did a bit of chopping and soaking in grain alcohol...maybe a shot or 2 would def create a stronger effect but as I say be careful people! I will have another update on another analogy tomorrow. Maybe I will have a bit more fun with his next feat...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up the new concave 40mg pill. OMG this is fucking the most supreme bullshit to have ever happened to me in my entire life. This pill is not even like a soft gummy gel its like some kind of ballistics gel made to stop bullets and I am not exaggerating at all. I bought one just to test it out and for the past half an hour I have been cutting into it with a knife. The pieces got pretty small but I'm pretty sure sniffing it is out of the question. I am gonna let it sit in a shot of tequila for half hour then I'll post my results.

If it could stop bullets, I doubt a little ethanol will do anything.

The answer here is going to be with industrial solvents and a scientific method.

Ok so about 35 minutes has passed and when I went to drink the solution I first decided to mix it up a little bit and thats when I noticed that the whole shot had turned very slimey. The little chopped up bits I put in there had turned into slimey transperant particles with a little yellowish core of pill. I just drank it and its been about 5 minutes. I'll post if I feel anything significant and btw just to let everyone know my ideal dose of normal opana (40mg octagon) would be around 2 to get nods.

Edit: The mixture tasted like horrible horrible dwarf shit almost puked it out.

Last edited:
So its been a few days now and I can honestly say that the new formula opana er do work well as they are supposed to. I know alot of you would like a better way to release the medication quicker. Some may agree and some may not but I think this is for the best. It will keep people from abusing this drug. If you have been through what I have im sure most would agree that it is no fun to go through withdrawals or extra pain. I think this will keep myself and others honest. I need this medication just as many others do. I do not want to see people hurting themselves trying to misuse this drug either. So I do not agree with the new formula itself. I think anything you put into your body, no matter how you do it should be 100% SAFE! So in that aspect I do not agree with a formula that would hurt someone that chooses to abuse a medication. I do not think this new formula is a route to go. Its like " ok here you go if you abuse this drug your punishment is death" who has the right to make that choice? I am thankful that the new formula does release the medication the way its meant to. The last formula did not work at all as far as I am concerned. Tell me what you all think please. Good luck to you all.