• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol Sweats

Does alcohol make you sweat?

• Yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

Bob Loblaw

Bluelight Crew
Perhaps I'm the only one, but alcohol makes me sweat like a mofo'. Does alcohol make you sweat moreso than normal? It makes no sense IMO as alcohol is a depressant rather than a stimulant.

Alcohol doesn't make me sweat. Amphetamine on the other hand...

On occasion I get sweats from taking shots, but that rarely happens.

But when I begin sobering up, damn do I start sweating.

On occasion I get sweats from taking shots, but that rarely happens.

But when I begin sobering up, damn do I start sweating.

That is exactly what is happening to me right now. Not cool. I reek of liquior.

Yeah it does. I was actually just wondering this the other day, it makes me really flushed and sweaty.

^ I believe alcohol making you flushed is a sign of an enzyme deficiency? It's common in people of Asian heritage I believe.

Well I'm not asian, but that is interesting. It's always happened so I just take it for granted. Any chance you have sources with some more info on the subject? I'll jump onto google and do my own research.

^ If I remember correctly, the pharmacological principles of antabuse are based on a similar thing (e.g. preventing that enzyme from functioning to such a degree that it makes the user very sick when they drink).

Though I may be wrong on that. Try looking up Asian + alcohol + red

Thanks. I just did some reading and they make the symptoms sound pretty blatant, like something you'd notice as soon as you start drinking. All I really get is a slight flush and an increase in body temperature, I thought that was normal with drinking. Weird.

^ Feeling like your body temperature has increased is normal with alcohol, but flushing is a symptom of a certain metabolic pathway being used I think, as I noted above. For what it's worth I don't flush nor sweat excessively on booze. :D