• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is poppy pod tea worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No!

DANGER! DANGER!

This shit os no fucking joke.........AT ALL!!!!. More powerful that OC, Codiene, Morphene pills, vicoden, and percocet.

I'm 26 years old, from Seattle, WA.

About 5 months ago I tried poppy pod tea for the first time. I got my pods from a friend who got them on ebay. HOLY SHIT. THIS SHIT MAKES YOU HIGH AS FUCK. I was instantly addicted. It started off here and there. Then it was every other day. Then it was everyday. Next thing i knew I was 100% addicted. I kept telling myself, I'll quit tomorrow. But I had read horror stories on the internet about the withdraw symptoms, so I kept putting it off and putting it off.

Unlike other people that say it's a sedative, I found that it (5-7 jumbo pods. DANGER! DO NOT ATTEMPT - I HAD A VERY HIGH TOLERANCE!) gave me a rush and I could work 130% all day long. Getting all my projects done and more. Getting everything perfectly clean and spick & span and squared away - and halving lots of fun doing it. KINDA LIKE A CRACKHEAD.

Then my tolerance started to go up. I needed more pods and the high kept getting shorter and shorter. (warning run on sentence - i suck at grammer) Before I knew it I was setting my alarm an hour before I was supposed to get up, so I could drink the tea, so that by the time I did wake up, the high was already in full effect. I did this because I would be having withdraws that morning if I didn't drink it. WTF RU SERIOUS. SO the cycle continued.

about 4 months in, things started happening like summer family plans. I started making excuses on why I didn't want to go on vacation and stuff because - after all - how am I going to make my tea and drink it with everyone around me. On my only vacation (a two day golf trip) I had made my tea in advance. I drank my tea for the first day and took some tea with me for the second day. The next morning, while everyone was sleeping, I snuck into the bathroom to drink my full Nalgene bottle's worth of tea. I opened the bottle and, GROSS, the tea had started to ferment. I started to panic. WILL IT STILL GET ME HIGH? DOES IT HAVE ECOLI OR SOMETHING. I didn't care I had to try it, so I pounded the whole bottle as fast as I could, went back to bed, and got high. AT THAT POINT IT WAS OFFICIAL. I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM.

OVER THE NEXT MONTH I STARTED TO WAKE UP. I started craving about 10 pods a day and I started running out of money to buy them. OK NOW ITS SERIOUSLY SERIOUS. I NEED TO QUIT. I rarely wanted to go anywhere or do anything except hang out with my tools and computer all day, high off my ass. I stopped calling my friends and family and became a hermit crab. I realized I was living like a zombie with my life dedicated to a substance.

REALITY SETS IN. It's time to quit. I plan on quitting. I have to do it now. I've read of the horror stories. It terrifies me. My plan was to quit two weekends ago but my brother had a unexpected trip with his girl, so I put it off. I wanted someone around in case I die. Then it came. Zero hour. Friday Morning, the last drink of the tea. Saturday's going to suck. I'll just tuff it out over the weekend. I'll be better on Monday. WRONG!

Here are the details of my detox. BEFORE READING THIS REALIZE THAT IS POSSIBLE.

ZERO HOUR, FRIDAY: Got high for the last time with a 10 pod batch. Tomorrows going to suck.

DETOX DAY 1, SATURDAY: Wake up super depressed and with lots of back pain. I'm am incredibly tired but there's too much pain and restlessness to sleep. I have extremely hyper active arms making it 10 times worse - almost unbearable. Showering helps but only for a minute. The depression, restlessness and mild hallucinations/confusion make it even worse. At one point i found myself outside walking down the street in the freezing cold - i must have figured that was my only option to keep from going insane. I must have squirmed in and out of bed 150 times. I go through about 2 grams of chronic but that does nothing to ease the pain.

DAY 2, SUNDAY: The same as Saturday but worse. I can't sleep or rest even though I and extremely tired. My hyperactive arms are literally driving me nuts. I feel like I'm and a straight jacket. My arms are shooting out from my body in a panic but moving them around doesn't really help. It and almost indescribable feeling and the worst part of the whole detox. I tried heating pads, hand massagers and even PUTTING RUBBER BANDS AROUND MY ARMS TO TRY AND NUMB THEM - thats right. The only thing that help was a freezing cold shower. That would calm my nerves enough to lay down and get 20 minutes sleep before waking up with hyperactive arms again. The cycle continued into early monday with about 20 freezing cold showers - one every 20 to 40 minutes. I tried laying down in the car, outside on the ground, in the motor home - nothing came even close to helping me rest. I go through 2 more grams of marijuana but it really does nothing but maybe take 2-5% of the edge off. Probably the most painful day of my life - BUT DO-ABLE.

DAY 3, MONDAY: About 7 am , in a dazed confusion I get up and drive 1 hour to my dad's house because he's out of town and i know he has a couple of percocet. His house is in the country making it a little easier to rest. Any noises, like a car down the street, are extremely annoying and make the symptoms more unbearable. At about 10 am I take 2 percocet, feel ABSOLUTELY NOTHNG, but am able to sleep 3 hours. in the after noon I take 2 more percocet, FEEL ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but it takes the depression down a notch for a coupe hours. I watch a little FOX News. I make the false statement that I think its getting better. In the evening the restlessness and hyperactive arms return and I continue to take cold showers but it's not really working. Still smoking weed, it really doesn't help but I think that it is necessary.

DAY 4, TUESDAY: Early at about 2 am I can't take the hyperactive arms, legs, and insomnia anymore. I break down and take the last 2 vicoden. Luckily I fall asleep for 6 hours (the most to date) and wake up at around 11 am. Still in pain and restless - I go from the couch, to the bed, to the shower and repeat all three every 20 minutes for most of the day. At about 6pm I decide to drive to the store to buy some beer maybe that will help. While out I get a bug up my ass. Consciousness starts to come back and I start to feel like a human again. I drive around listening to music in the country for a couple of hours. I feel like a kid again smelling things and seeing colors that I haven't experienced in a long time. It's really hard to explain. After that I figured I blew off some energy and will be able to rest for a little bit. WRONG. I decide to drive to my brothers to hang out for a bit. I feel alright on the drive but by the time I get there I'm exhausted and turn around and go back to my dad's house right away. The night is a blur of INSOMNIA, hot and cold showers, hyperactive arms, and back pain.

DAY 5, WEDNESDAY: I feel like i have the flu. I'm trying to force myself to be active but over heat and become exhausted in a matter of minutes. I leave my dad's place and drive home. After driving home and drinking 2 ROCKSTARS I nerd out for a few hours on the computer. Surely I will be able to sleep tonight. WRONG. the night is a cycle of hyperactive arms, insomnia, and showers. The cold showers no longer do the trick I find myself sitting down in the warm shower for what seamed like hours at a time just to get through the night.

DAY 6, THURSDAY: After NO sleep, I go buy some bananas and multi vitamins at about noon. Seriously exhausted from almost a week with no sleep I lay down in the afternoon tired as FUCK and try to go to sleep. I'll give you a wild guess what happens. Tossing and turning and back pain. GOD DAMMIT. In the early evening I get up and force myself to do some chores and blow of some energy that I don't have. I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW LONG IT'S TAKING, I HAVE A WEDDING REHEARSAL TOMORROW. I THOUGHT FOR SURE I WOULD BE BETTER BY NOW - BUT I'M NOT. I still really can't relax, the night is a blur of 10 minute showers every hour. At this point I have a folding metal chair in the shower - thats right. At some point in the night a got about 2.5 hours of sleep. Still smoking weed.

DAY 7, FRIDAY: I feel like shit in the morning. FUCK I HAVE A WEDDING REHEARSAL TODAY. On my way to the rehearsal I get and energy bug up my ass. I feel good and have a great time at the rehearsal and the following dinner. My adrenaline must have been pumping from the excitement of seeing a number of friends and class mates (hotties) that I hadn't seen in years. SURELY WITH ALL THIS ENERGY USE I'll GET SOME SLEEP TONIGHT. NOT REALLY, MAYBE 3 HOURS OF SLEEP AND SIX SHOWERS.

DAY 8, SATURDAY: WEDDING DAY, FUCK I HAVE TO DRESS UP. AT LEAST WE GET TO WEAR SANDALS. I feel like shit in the morning but as I wake up and make my way to the wedding (with the help of a red bull) I start to perk up. The wedding is a blast only bad part was the actual wedding where i had to stand there, head straight, left hand over right for about 35 minutes. The reception was even more fun. I had a couple of beers and was feeling pretty fuckin good. I busted some moves on the dance floor. I felt about 90%. After the reception was the after party. I drank a bunch more beers and did a couple lines of coke. At this point I was care free - until the sun started coming up. After an hour of trying to sleep at the party house I got up and drove home (probably shouldn't have, but oh well). With a belly full of beer I slept for about 5 hours. THANK GOD.

DAY 9, SUNDAY: I'm a little hung over and tired but I get myself out of bed and meet my brothers at the horse races for some gambling, beer and pizza. After a beer and a slice of pizza I feel pretty good but start to burn out in the evening. FUCK, I HAVE GO BACK TO WORK TOMORROW. I STILL HAVE MASIVE INSOMNIA. I BOUGHT SOME BENEDRYL BUT IT REALLY DIDN'T WORK. I get about an hours sleep and take a bunch of - you guessed it - showers.

DAY 10, MONDAY: I force myself up at 8 am and drive a hour to work. I get a little work done (random construction and demo on a building we are converting to a school) but am exhausted and sweating profusely. I take off early and head home. I get a call in the even from a friend with 2 free mariners tickets. My brother and I grab a bottle of Vodka and head to the game. Buy the time we get to the game we are pretty wasted and have a good time. After the game we go home and luckily the vodka helps me sleep. I get about 5 hours sleep.

DAY 11, TUESDAY (TODAY): I force myself up at 8 am again and go to work. Still get tired pretty easily and sweat a lot but some of that could be from a slight Vodka hangover. I took off a couple hours early. That was a couple of hours ago. I hope I can sleep more tonight. I thing the lack of sleep is what's dragging out the detox. I wish i had have had some ambien or something I swear that would have made things earlier. I'm still a little tired and sweat a little but it's getting better. I'd say I'm at 60-70%. Hopefully by the weekend I'll be 90-100%

THE POINT OF MY LONG (past and present tense mixed) STORY IS THAT IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN TO. I SPENT A COUPLE DAYS IN HELL AND A FEW NEXT TO IT, BUT I DID IT. COLD TURKEY. BESIDE A FEW OF PERCOCET, A BOTTLE OF TYLENOL, AND SOME PRAYERS IT WAS "EL NATURAL". I EVEN HAD A BRAND NEW BOX OF PODS THE WHOLE TIME. SO OBVIOUSLY IT WASN'T BAD ENOUGH TO BREAK DOWN AND MAKE A BATHTUB FULL OF POD TEA. I REALLY, REALLY WANTED TO QUIT AND GAVE IT 120%. WHEN THINGS WERE AT ITS WORST I THOUGHT ABOUT MAKING SOME TEA. BUT THEN ALL MY PAIN WOULD HAVE BEEN FOR NOTHING. THATS WHAT KEPT ME GOING, I KNOW THAT SOONER OR LATER (turned out to be later) IT WOULD BE OVER.

HOPE THIS HELPS. DETOX NOW, EVERY MONTH THAT GOES BY WILL MAKE IT THAT MUCH HARDER. I WAS ONLY ON THE SHIT FOR 4 MONTHS AND LOOK WHAT I WENT THROUGH (arrow pointing up) TO KICK IT. YA YOU COULD GRADUALLY DETOX BUT WHY DRAG IT OUT AND FEEL 50% FOR WEEKS AND WEEKS ON END.

REMEMBER YOU CAN DO IT BUT YOU HAVE TO REALLY, REALLY, WANT TO.

THE END (sorry for all the caps and typos)

Good dose of P. somniferum tea vs good dose of oxycodone or hydrocodone

- Pod tea lasts much longer. Like someone said, well into the next day.
- Pods have much stronger euphoria (IME)
- Pods have a much more dirty feel than hydro or oxy
- Pod potency and positive-negative alkaloid ratio's is never guaranteed to be optimal.
- Pods are much easier to procure, and often less expensive.
- Pods can be moldy and have other nasty stuff that can potentially make you very sick.
- Pod tea is less pleasant on the gustatory sense, than just swallowing a pill.
- Pod tea requires much more time and effort to prepare. Whereas you can just pop a pill of oxy of hydro.
- Pods can be reproduced exponentially because they have seeds.
- Pods are natural, whereas hydro and oxy is semi-synthetic... you might find that a positive
- You can extract morphine and codeine from pods. With oxycodone or hydrocodone, you can only turn them into their morphone metabolites through a much more complicated process.

Let me know if I've missed anything.

Poppy Pod Tea is like having a glass of Johnnie Walker Blue Label, its good but only on special occasions.. No but seriously don't talk too much about poppy pod tea your going to make some retarded kid OD on the shit and then god-forbid he/she ends up as a news story in our god-forsaken media.

Last edited:
Poppy Pod Tea is like having a glass of Johnnie Walker Blue Label, its good but only on special occasions.. No but seriously don't talk too much about poppy pod tea your going to make some retarded kid OD on the shit and then god-forbid he/she ends up as a news story in our god-forsaken media.

it's too late for that... :(

^^Yah, newsflash; poppies have been taken off the market folks. Sad but true.

^Not completely. They are just not sold on ebay anymore. I still have a reliable source, but I can't stand drinking tea anymore.... and there is just *something* about plugging that takes all the joy out of dosing. It does not make me feel gay or whatever, I just don't like doing it.

...and there is just *something* about plugging that takes all the joy out of dosing. It does not make me feel gay or whatever, I just don't like doing it.

LMAO! yea I've never plugged but seems like its for ppl that are not quite ready to IV yet? Or are there really that many ops that have a much higher BA anally than IV?

and mrjackjones - i love reading your posts - of all the people posting on BL you seem like the most reliable, straightforward, down to earth, intelligent person out there - props :)

Hell yeah it's worth it , it's one of my favorite opiates

A strong cup of tea keeps me going for over 24 hours

without a tolerance I use around 4 or 5 jumbo pods

kind of a hefty dose but i like it that way

^Not completely. They are just not sold on ebay anymore. I still have a reliable source, but I can't stand drinking tea anymore.... and there is just *something* about plugging that takes all the joy out of dosing. It does not make me feel gay or whatever, I just don't like doing it.

I drank poppy tea for over a year, many times daily. The taste was really bad, but I was so sick without it and had such a drive to get high from it that I would chug that nasty shit right down. Sometimes it was a bit hard to get down, but it seemed to only become easier and more natural for me the longer I did it.

In response to the post about the withdrawals, yes they are terrible and they last way too long. I have quit several times and felt worse every day until about the 5th day. When you make the turning point, it seems to happen pretty abruptly but it just takes so long to get there. I have finally cleaned myself and quit the tea (again) because I need to find a job and 99% of the places you go will drug test you.

The only way I was able to get through the withdrawals this time was by tapering. I tried cold turkey for several days at a time, but the lack of sleep is terrible. I would lay awake until 3:00AM and finally pass out, only to wake up soon after covered in sweat and hot underneath the covers. Kick the covers off and then feel freezing cold. I would always wake up permanently around 7:00AM and found it impossible to sleep any later. It really sucked.

I just ordered some pods and they should be arriving middle of the week....im so excited to try out my new floral arrangements and wreaths :)

I have used them quite a bit myself, but I found that all in all, it was a lot of work for a little high. There are easier ways to get myself up there.

personally i am resorting to poppy pod tea because i need it for pain relief...i've had multiple surgeries and more to come and i hate going to the doctor having to pretty much beg for something to help relieve the pain

Damn... I thought Canada was cannibus friendly?

my process

My process that has worked awesome for poppy pod tea
First i order my pods..ive talked at length with many vendors that sell dried poppy pod tea and finally settled on one that gave me a good deal ...which is 300 lg pods for 270 dollars that includes 2 day shipping ...when i recieve my order i sit down with 3 containers ,one for the pods one for the seeds and the other for the stems,i break off the stem and throw in to container then i split the pod and empty the seeds into another container as im throwing the 2 halves of the pod into my container i crush them with my hands to start the process cuz the halves will bounce around in the blender and not pulverize. Once i get all 300 done i now move onto pulverizing them into powder with a regular blender. This process in all takes about 5 hours. Once i get them all powdered i put them into a container which seals so the powder stays fresh. to actually make my tea i put approx. 6 large spoon fulls into a gallon jug with a funnel that i use only for this process...i fill the rest of the gallon jug with very hot tap water...i cap it and shake it well...set it on the counter then shake a couple more times before puttging it into the fridge over night ...the next day i cut a 2 foot by 2 foot square of a sheet and place it over a pan ...while holding the sheet i pour the powder and water mixture onto the sheet ...when its emptied i squeeze the liquid out by twisting it very tightly till the liquid stops coming out...i clean out my gallon jug of excess powder and pour my strained liquid back into the jug and drink about 20 oz once in the morning and once about 8 hours later and it lasts all day ...ill take the strained powered pulp and add some more water to it just enough to cover it and set it in the fridge to add to my next gallon cuz it contains some opiate still then after the second straining i throw the pulp away and repeat....

This works great for me ...i also add 3 cap fulls of lemon juice to my strained gallon of tea cuz it makes the effects better .............hope this helps you all

Status
Not open for further replies.