• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Experiment Thead - New Formulation Oxycodone Extraction

Just evaporated acetone & MEK with a blow dryer after letting it sit for an hour-- stirring & shakign occasionally. I seperated the solids and evaporated the acetone & mek off that. I am hoping the majority of the oxycodone is in the solution I strained out.

Each dish has some residue on the bottom of it after evaporation. THe MEK solution appeared more milky while mixed with the milled OP, but after evaporation it appears that the acetone had more residue.

I am going to scrape the residue up as much as possible and pour some hot water (not boiling) into each dish and hope it tastes bitter :)

Will report back in a bit...

UPDATE: AFter pouring hot water in the dishes where i evaporated the liquid, I scraped the bottom of the dish with a sharp knife to make sure all the molecules got loose in the solution. I drank the water (kind of scared doing this considering I had acetone / Mek int he dishes, but I evaporated it thoroughly with a blow dryer and read on the internet that ingestion of minute quantities of both chemicals is usually harmless) and the water was DEFINATELY bitter and had oxycodone in it. The Acetone by far seemed to have extracted a higher amount of oxycodone than the MEK did based on the amount of residue left on the dish and the bitter flavor.

The problem is that the remaining powder, after evaporated, was ALSO very bitter... NOw, I would expect them to be bitter no matter what because they were still saturated in solution when I filtered them out, so ti is possible the powder was covered with oxycodone that had become unbound from its polymer. IT is also possible a large portion of the oxycodone remained bound to the polymer.

This experiment was only ONE hour long... I think in the future, I will leave it overnight and that should extract the majority of the oxycodone. I just drank and ate all the powder, and am waiting to see how hard it hits me. I had already snorted quite a bit earlier in the day so I hope I am able to detect it =P

PS. Both powders, despite being soaked in solvent for one hour, retained their gooeyness when I ate the powder. Whoever came up with the MEK in a spoon for 15 minutes + snort idea is foolish. It does NOT work

jaytyle, I have a couple of questions and wanted to clarify some of what you did in this experiment. (sorry I'm a little fucked up right now, but I'd just like to make sure I understand the process).

First, is there a difference between the acetone and the MEK? you're saying the acetone left more residue and that's good...so this residue must be the pure oxycodone then? I have heard, though that MEK is better to use because it leaves less MEK residue in the oxycodone than what acetone leaves. Would maybe the MEK leave more oxycodone residue if it soaked for a longer period of time? (again sorry if I'm asking questions you may have answered)

Then when you said you evaporated the solution with the ground up pill and each solvent by using a hair dryer after letting it sit for an hour..I just want to make sure if I do this, that I'm doing it right. How much of each acetone/MEK did you use to mix with the ground up 40mg of OP? And I'm guessing the hair dryer just speeds up the process, but you think it might be better to just let it sit longer and not use the hair dryer?

And when you said you separate the solids, did you mean the ground up OP? and then you said that you evaporated the acetone/MEK from the solids? but if it's the powder than you already did evaporate the solvents from it. I think that's what I'm confused the most on.

And then I would pour hot water in the cup/dish/whatever was used for evaporation, so that's just pouring the hot water over the powder after the acetone/MEK has been evaporated? (and scrape off any residue that was left at the bottom of the glass or whatever you use.

Is this procedure only to swallow or possibly IV it? If you don't add the water after the acetone or MEK has been evaporated thoroughly then can you just snort the powder that's left over, is this supposed to be pure oxycodone (or close to pure, basically it's just not supposed to have the solvent in it anymore and most of the gel agent they use should mostly be gone (maybe with still a littl bit of whatever binding/polymer type chemical they Purdue using in the OPs). So could you then snort it if you did it without adding the hot water?

Also do you think you can put a post up of the steps you took and just list them, like step 1., 2. etc? Maybe with measurements also, almost like the simplest, easiest way to understand/read to make sure anyone who is going to try it doesn't make any mistakes. Thank you if you can! I definitely want to try the MEK if it works by only giving it a little more time to evaporate or something.

Sorry about all the questions, as I said I'm a little fucked up, but I just want to make sure I know exactly what to do when I do it and I don't want to make any mistakes because I'm not exactly sure of one of the steps to get around this horrible gel/plastic substance.

THANK YOU!:D

Just a couple thoughts after reading through this thread:

Wouldn't you run the risk of blowing away "freed" oxycodone powder with the hair dryer? I don't know what your final product looks like in consistency or texture or whatever but seems like a possibility. My suggestion would be to put it on a plate or something so you could spread out the surface area as much as possible and maybe put it in the oven on the lowest setting, maybe with the door slightly open to allow air flow. I dunno, something like that. Oh, but if you have a gas oven then maybe putting flammable liquid in it wouldn't be a good idea, haha, anyway the point is don't blow away your precious drugs. If nothing else just let it sit out somewhere, better to not rush it then to run the risk of ruining it.

I'm no chemist or anything, but i really don't think adding boiling water to get rid of the acetone is a good idea. Sure you may get rid of some of it, but how can you be positive it won't just mix with the water and then lose its ability to evaporate? Also as it has been stated, you run the risk of destroying some of the oxycodone in the process (couldn't tell you what temp that happens at, but thats far too precious a chemical to accidentally destroy, haha.) Not to mention its kinda scary to suggest that after adding boiling water you could IV it, or any method that could potentially contain solvents without knowing if its actually rid of any potentially harmful residue.

You could try a second extraction on the gelled up portion? Dry it up somehow and powderize it and re-extract? I don't know, but like you said there's probably still more left in there and it would be worth trying to get it out.

I had some good ideas to go along with this nonsense but its like 2 in the morning and i can't keep my thoughts straight. Anyways i hope this helps or gives you something to think about at least.

today i got 3 of these op's for the price of one ...i was on a opana binge so i cant tell you how well it worked but a foot skin shaver breaks these down as good as real ones but turns to glue in your nose but its the only thing that i found that worked a hose clamp wont ... but my tolerance has been threw the roof so i cant say how well it worked and i have never just ate one...

DISCLAIMER: PLEASE PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE CHEMICAL EXTRACTION OF OXYCODONE TECHNIQUE LISTED BELOW INVOLVES THE USE OF A POWERFUL SOLVENT-- "ACETONE". IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THIS PROCEDURE WILL RESULT IN THE INGESTION OF SOME QUANTITY OF ACETONE IF IT IS NOT FULLY EVAPORATED OR IF THERE IS SOME RESIDUAL LEFT BEHIND AFTER EVAPORATION. THIS COULD POSSIBLY LEAD TO HEALTH CONSEQUENCES IF SUFFICIENT QUANITIES OF ACETONE OR INHALED / INGESTED. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF YOU DECIDE TO TRY THIS AND UNDERSTAND YOUR RISKS BY INVESTIGATING HEALTH EFFECTS OF ACETONE. I HAVE NO BACKGROUND IN CHEMISTRY WHATSOEVER, BUT MY GOOGLE STUDIES OF ACETONE HAVE LEAD ME TO BELIEVE INGESTING MINUTE QUANITIES OF ACETONE IS NOT PARTICULARLY HAZARDOUS, AND IF EVAPORATION IS DONE PROPERLY IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA AND IS DONE SUFFICIENTLY, THERE SHOULD BE LESS THEN .0005% CONCENTRATION OF ACETONE REMAINING WHICH IS LESS THAN THE AMOUNT WE ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE IN OUR DRINKING WATER.

Hey,

I did the experiment with two seperate solvents-- M.E.K & Acetone. Both solvents extracted some oxycodone over the course of an hour, but the acetone experiment had more residue than the M.E.K experiment and the water solution afterwards was more bitter with the acetone so I figure that acetone is the superior solvent to use.

Acetone is the fastest drying solvent available, so I am sure there wont be much, if any, acetone in your oxycodone if it is evaporated adequately. There is no chemical taste or smell of either chemical after the evaporation.

Here are step by step VERY DETAILED instructions of both the experiment I performed that had success, as well as suggestions for how others can do it to improve upon the way I did it. PLease keep in mind that acetone is a serious chemical and breathing it and getting it on your hands is probably not very healthy, and the fumes are flammable so do not do this near open flames or where there could be sparks. Use rubber gloves if possible and avoid breathing the fumes. Also-- keep in mind, this experiment is really very simple so dont be discouraged by this excessively long explanation.

All that is involved in this (quick version-- it truly is a simple concept): Remove coating from OP & grind, place in non plastic small container and add acetone, stir & shake around periodically and let sit for 1hr - 8hr covered (I did 1, but will try longer next time), pour the solution into another container but let solids remain in the first container. Put cotton on the solids so it sucks up the solution, and squeeze it into the other container, evaporate the acetone (I used a hair dryer, but you can just let it evaporate naturally or put the container in warm water to accelerate) and you are left with residue and microscopic OC on the bottom of the container, add water and stir and scrape bottom residue so it mixes with water. You now have instant release oxycodone mixed with water & no polymers. Drink it, Filter & Slam it, or add crushed up nytol pills (or absorbing powder of your choice) and let it dry for a snortable powder. I swallowed the powder & drank the oxycodone water which was bitter. I went from being mildly high to nodding out on my couch in 20 minutes... It felt to me like I had just eaten at least 55-65mg crushed OC. I am mostly a snorter so I might not be gauging it right, but it got me floored! It definately works... maybe not 100% like the old OC, but close enough.

Now--- the detailed instructions if you want precision details of what I did.

1. The purpose of this procedure is to extract OXYCODONE HYDROCHLORIDE from the new reformulated oxycontins that have polymers (plastics) which hold a time release even when the pills are crushed / milled. Assuming Acetone is a "SImple Solvent" according to Purdue, this method should be able to extract as much as 80% of the oxycodone from the pills. If it is a complex or medium solvent, according to the Purdue document, than even higher than 80% extraction is possible. The remaining 20% can still be eaten so should not go to complete waste. The end product of this procedure results in a water solution that will contain oxycodone hydrochloride dissolved in it, as well as a few fillers which were soluble in the acetone, and possibly trace amounts of residual acetone that was not fully evaporated. The water can either be drank (what I did tonight), IVd (but I woudl suggest micron filterting it first since we dont know what binders ended up in the solution), or preparing a snortable powder by using the same technique people use for black tar mixed with water--- crushing nytol pills, letting them soak up the solution, and drying them out and snorting it when it is dry. Since this process takes times, the best way to do this is to first practice with 1 or 2 pills, and if you like the result, extract multiple pills at a time so you have a stash of instant release oxycodone.

2.) You will need 2 containers--- NOT plastic (acetone eats plastic). it is preferable if you can seal them from air so the acetone does not evaporate, stink up the room, and risk combustion while it is working its way on the OPs. The smaller the better, so you will have a smaller surface area to scrape at one point and less likelihood oxycodone particles will escape. You will also need pure acetone which can be obtained at virtually all hardware stores. You also need some OPs (obviously), water, a fileing tool to mill the OPs, and I used a hair dryer to expedite the evaporation of the acetone.

3.) I started by removing the coating on the OPs. I did this by putting some acetone on a paper towel, and rubbing the coating off. Afterwards, I dried them and finely milled them down with a fileing tool I have. You will want to grind them as fine as possible. Once I filed it, I took a razor blade and cut the larger chunks down as much as possible.

4.) Put the ground up OP into one of the containers, and add acetone. Keep doors and windows open when you do this for cross ventilation, or do it in a garage with the garage open. You will want to put just enough acetone to completely submerge all of the OP powder and give it some room to swim around in when you shake and stir it. Don't put an excessive amount, or you will have a higher content of trace amounts of acetone in your mix once it is evaporated (I am assuming... perhaps acetone can be evaporated 100% but lets stay safe and conservative).

5.) Stir and shake the mix every now and then and keep it covered when possible. I used two little glass dishes like for putting sauce into, and covered it with tinfoil but this was kinda ghetto. You might be able to do better. I did my extraction in one hour and felt great, but I think a longer extraction would have been even better (3,4,5 hours or even overnight?). I am unsure on whether acetone exposure will hurt the alkaloids or not, but on the Purdue website it makes it clear that the best extractions are done over an extended period of time.

6.) When you are ready for the next step, you will want to seperate the solid white particles from the acetone solution. I simply poured the solution from one container to the next--- the solid matter is heavy and kinda sticks to the bottom so it was easy to pour it without any crazy filtering going on. The solid matter, however, will be soaked in a juicy amount of oxycodone rich acetone so you will want to find a way somehow of milking it out and putting it in the main solution. Some ideas---pushing a little piece of cotton on it to soak up juice, then milking it into the other cup. You guys can be creative on this one.

7.) Now--- what I did at this point was blow dry BOTH solutions (the left over powder and the solution) to rapidly evaporate the acetone. You will want to evaporate it until the dish looks dry, and then some more after that to get rid of the particles. You should not smell ANY acetone when the procedure is complete. Some people tell me hot air from a blow dryer might hurt the alkaloid so you can consider evaporating it naturally over time or some other method. **Another possible method--- got a dish with hot water and it the dish submerge in it so it heats up the acetone and helps it evaporate.

**For 8-- I included two possible techniques. A is the one I did, B is a technique I think might be better in the future but im not sure if it will work.

8a.) Once the main solution bowl and powder has had its acetone evaporated, you will have 2 dry containers. The one that had solution & no solids will have a small amount of crystally residue. The other will be powder that is dried out of acetone since it should have evaporated. Taste the powder in the powder dish, but make sure you have dried it substancially and smelled it to make sure all acetone is gone. If the powder is very bitter, that means the the powder still has oxycodone in it and you did not do a long enough extraction. Dont be discouraged though... it could just be some instant release oxycodone that was released from the powder but didnt make its way to the other dish. Eat it up, or do a second extraction of it if it is SUPER bitter.

When viewing the residue, keep in mind, 40-80mg of oxycodone is VERY small, but the oxy is in there. At this point, I added boiling water but was told by others to just add warm / hot water since boiling water can hurt it. When the water is in there take something sharp and scrape at the bottom of the container to loosen up all of the residue and have the oxycodone dissolve in the water. Once it is fully dissolved, taste it-- it should be bitter. That is your oxycodone dissolved in water, free from time-release and nasty gooey plastics! Do what you would like with it.. drink it, filter and slam it, or add powdered pills to it, dry it, and snort it later.

8b.) Once you are left with two dishes-- one with acetone/oxycodone solution & the other acetone soaked powder that was seperated---- instead of evaporating it and being left with a residue on the bottom of the plate, what if you just add some water to the acetone and then heat it until all the acetone evaps? That way, once it evaps, the oxycodone will be automatically dissolved in the water which may or may not be better than mixing water with a crusty residue and mixing it. I feel that when you have the dry residue, some of it can be wasted since 40-80mg of OC is so small it could literally just fly in the air or something. I am not sure if the acetone will react with the water and form some unevaporatable chemical or something... Anyone know if it is possible to heat up a solution of acetone / water and remove all the acetone?

9.) Eat the remaining powder once you are sure the acetone has been evaporated. there is a good chance whatever oxycodone is left in the powder has been partially freed from time release by sitting in the solvent so long.

Alright you guys--- this is as detailed as I can make it. Do it and report your results, and good luck!

Last edited:
Good points... I am not a chemist either. The hair dryer idea seemed ok because once it evaporates, it seems the majority of the OC is in a residue on the bottom. But I agree this runs a risk and I addressed it in my above post.

I am not so sure about the boiled water to acetone idea either, but it would solve the hair dryer blowing away OC powder idea... I guess someone needs to experiment with acetone water and see if it is possible to purify.

Just a couple thoughts after reading through this thread:

Wouldn't you run the risk of blowing away "freed" oxycodone powder with the hair dryer? I don't know what your final product looks like in consistency or texture or whatever but seems like a possibility. My suggestion would be to put it on a plate or something so you could spread out the surface area as much as possible and maybe put it in the oven on the lowest setting, maybe with the door slightly open to allow air flow. I dunno, something like that. Oh, but if you have a gas oven then maybe putting flammable liquid in it wouldn't be a good idea, haha, anyway the point is don't blow away your precious drugs. If nothing else just let it sit out somewhere, better to not rush it then to run the risk of ruining it.

I'm no chemist or anything, but i really don't think adding boiling water to get rid of the acetone is a good idea. Sure you may get rid of some of it, but how can you be positive it won't just mix with the water and then lose its ability to evaporate? Also as it has been stated, you run the risk of destroying some of the oxycodone in the process (couldn't tell you what temp that happens at, but thats far too precious a chemical to accidentally destroy, haha.) Not to mention its kinda scary to suggest that after adding boiling water you could IV it, or any method that could potentially contain solvents without knowing if its actually rid of any potentially harmful residue.

You could try a second extraction on the gelled up portion? Dry it up somehow and powderize it and re-extract? I don't know, but like you said there's probably still more left in there and it would be worth trying to get it out.

I had some good ideas to go along with this nonsense but its like 2 in the morning and i can't keep my thoughts straight. Anyways i hope this helps or gives you something to think about at least.

Thank you so much jaystyle! I don't have time tomorrow, but I have a friend who's got plenty and I'm thinking hopefully Sunday we'll be able to give this a try!

Your welcome. Post results please, and any variations / methods you did.

Thank you so much jaystyle! I don't have time tomorrow, but I have a friend who's got plenty and I'm thinking hopefully Sunday we'll be able to give this a try!

great work Jaystyle! i tried a smalll experiment of my own with acetone: ground up two eighties and soaked in about a tablespoon of acetone. let sit for thirty minutes, swishing around now and then. uncovered and let evaporate for an hour. well, i guess i thought the acetone would eat up the polymers or something, but what was left seemed identical to what i started with. a slightly sticky powder that gelled when i added water. so it seems the filtering is really important. i have a question if you don't mind:

what makes you think the filtered solution has no polymers? you said you mostly poured off the solution, then filtered the bits with cotton, wouldn't the polymers just move from one container to the other along with the oxycodone?

to answer my own question, perhaps the idea is that the OC disolves, while the polymers remain on the pill bits? don't know if that's true but it seems to be the working hypothesis.

anyway, i'll try Jaystyle's master recipe later today. plan to soak three pills for at least three hours, filter and evaporate. i'll let you all know my findings.

read another way using coca cola, after powdering the op add to 2/3 shot glass, warmed to aprox 100 degrees f. stir let sit for hour-3 hrs, stir drink!! followed by orange juice... seems to work but i dont know if im hurting the oxy molocules from the heat,, can anyody with more knowledge please alaborate on this procedure????

A Little Something, Something Please

Okay jaystyle since you've made step by step instructions, all you need to do now is add in pictures and it would be perfect!

More work for you :)

%)

not sure if this has been suggested but i had one idea regarding speeding up the evaporation process. use 2 containers, a smaller one with the oxy/acetone solution in it and then a larger one that can hold your solution container and have enough space between the two to hold the water. i am thinking about using glass bowls for this. then instead of pouring boiling water directly into the oxy/acetone solution you could add it into the larger container and it would heat up the smaller one inside and hopefully speed up the evaporation of the acetone.

!!!important warning!!!

IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE READ: guys - listen up. i did the following: finely ground 3op80s, soaked in acetone for five hours. after that i filtered the solution through a coffee filter. to the original mixture i added more acetone and repeated, waiting only 1 hour this time, but filtering into the first bowl. then i let both the filtered solution and the crusty pill solution evaporate in a warm (but turned off) oven four an hour. at this point there was no smell of acetone. i noticed there was a light powder left in the filtered solution. in a perfect experiment, this would contain 240 mgs of OC. well, i know what a quarter gram of powder looks like. this was not it. scraped together, it was about the size of a matchhead. anyway, i added water to this and drank.

got nothing, no buzz whatsoever.

so i looked over at the original solution, now just a bunch of powder that looked just llike it did when i first ground it. now, there was no smell of acetone in this, so i went a head and mixed it with half a coke. i noticed at this point it was slimey, just like always and as if nothing changed. i shrugged and drank it down. now here is the important part: about a minute later i got extremely dizzy and sick feeling. i barely made it to the bathroom. i did not puke but the feeling lasted a good three minutes before subsiding. i don't have to tell you i was scared shitless and thought i might have to go to the hospital, thought i was going to get brain damage. the feeling is hard to explain but was extremely unpleasant. guys - please be carefull when you do this shit.

Last edited:
oh, and by the way, a half hour after drinking the coke mixture i'm a bit buzzed, but it seems to be the same effect as just grinding up a pill and mixing with coke. i can't say the acetone did shit but fuck up my body.

why not just grind them down to powder and take small amounts over a a couple minutes with a hot beverage? I can't imagine with the increased surface area it would take more than ten minutes to kick in on an empty stomach and the legs would be nice and long...

just a guess - I go for the H myself. It's not like they're gonna change my sh*t's formula to timed-release...

why not just grind them down to powder and take small amounts over a a couple minutes with a hot beverage? I can't imagine with the increased surface area it would take more than ten minutes to kick in on an empty stomach and the legs would be nice and long...

yeah, you might think so. i did. then i did it. it's a bit better than just swallowing, but not much. do this with three pills and it feels like you just did half of one of the old ones.

The heating should be done in an oven-like apparatus, not with a hairdryer.

And I would SERIOUSLY hesitate to encourage people to shoot this product, unless the acetone solution is heated under vacuum, you will still have some residual acetone (and god knows what other contaminants if you're not using lab grade acetone) in the resultant powder.

what Dokomo said.

plus, i say the acetone method is completely worthless if not dangerous. i guess we might need a third opinion as jaystyle got decent results and i got horrible results. but my feeling is we have more work to do and need to move on. MEK is one route. hydrocloric acid is another. what surprises me is this. i thought there might be a few real chemists on this site. are there not? from what i read, polymer chemistry is not that complicated. it is easy to make your own polymer slime (google it!) so shouldn't it be somewhat easy to do the opposite? are there no true chemists in the house?