• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Help! How do I avoid the munchies!

I find Bananas to be very helpful with munchies. I have the same problem, I gain weight fairly easily. I just sit down with a bottle of diet soda and a banana. Take a sip of the soda and/or a bit of the banana every time you feel hungry. Bananas fill you up a lot specially with liquids.

Also as someone mentioned before, try to stock on healthy snacks. Maybe a fruit salad, or those fruit snacks which are very very low on calories. And as always, show some self restraint.

Hope that helps.

for me its like this the thought of eating pops into my brain when im high but if u ignore it for just a little bit then the munchies go away. Just keep urself entertained while high and u should be good. or just get so high u cant walk lol

i can only speak 4 myself, for me ya get that when ya first start smoking..i myself dont get the munchies anymore, if i have my tea in the oven and then have a smoke, i dont want food no more, for me its a appetite killer..but we are all different

Satisfy your munchies by replacing your usual donuts and candy with grapes or some kind of fruit. You still get the sweet, but you're not stuffing yourself with awful shit.

I love getting the munchies, but I've lost a ton of weight and don't want to gain it back. Carrots and other veggies are fantastic for munching, but I found proportioning things out works well too. If I'm not paying attention, I'll eat a whole bag of chips. So I take out a handful, put them in a cup, and leave the kitchen. That way I can have the junk food my munchies are making me crave, and do it in moderation. It works with cookies too...even if you have to portion this stuff out before you smoke, it's definitely worth it.

Don't let smoking pot control your appetite...it took me a long time to figure out how to eat while NOT high, so it's not a good habit to get into. Plus, if you eat a healthy dinner, and then blaze, you can then have your already portioned-out snack guilt-free.

try an apple. It satisfies hunger, it's healthful, and it's alot of fun to eat high

You could always do a line of meth after a smoke session?

*not to be confused with real advice*

Im seeing more and more meth jokes as time goes on. Aussies seem to be confusing such nonsense with genuine advice. Its a real problem dude.

i can see someone trying to avoid red eyes or some side effect of herb-smoking like this...but munchies? munchies is fun, im guessing maybe you're on like a diet or something? just use will power i guess. or do a fat line of coke.....jk jk!

good luck with your munchy problem

It's more a matter of what you eat. I'm mowing down on some roast beef, peanut butter, and milk. If you work out on top of that, you'll put on muscle fast! ;)

I know people who smoke cigs simply to avoid being hungry, though. That's actually how they got hooked! Kind of ridiculous.

Im seeing more and more meth jokes as time goes on. Aussies seem to be confusing such nonsense with genuine advice. Its a real problem dude.

I was just being facetious, didn't mean any harm.

Believe me I'm aware of the problem, I've been around it before and have seen it overcome friends of mine in a way that pales in comparison to my experience with heroin.

Anyway, not to stray offtopic or anything but just wanted to clear that up a tad. Sorry if it offended anyone <3

I like to swim after smoking. Or ride a bike. Or do something like that. Takes my mind off of eating and is a nice way to enjoy the high. But you have to pig out sometimes man...it tastes so good when you're high...Just do it in moderation.

I highly advise against using stims to avoid eating afterwards. In my experience stims + pot = disaster. Caffeine is ok though. In moderation.