• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how do stimulants make you act?

Amphetamines (get similar effects off meth and sulphate, meth is just better) - Feel very intellectually stimulated and talk the hind legs off a racehorse. Much less physical than other stimulants.

MDA - somewhere in between the above the below. A nice balance that I enjoy if I can get it which is rarely *sigh*

MDMA - At one with the universe, very physical feelings (though sex is out of the question for me, love cuddling though) strong emotional and body highs. Have to be careful not to go too far in revealing the depths of my psyche to people I don't know well enough LMAO. Comedown is dreadful if I take too much and a dangerous combo of benzos, booze and bath is the only way I can come through it therefore moderation is crucial for me.

Cocaine - Horny, happy outgoing. Too short-acting though and while the comedown doesn't hit me as hard physically as with MDMA I become snappy and irritable which is out of character for me and I don't like myself much then.

Crack - Shorter-acting coke. Pointless to me.

Coca leaves - chewed Coca leaves regularly though infrequently (important distinction) while working in S. America. Didn't find them any more addictive than caffeine-containing Mate or even espresso. Did find the effects much more pleasurable though with dull tasks becoming easier and mild comfortable stimulation combined with slight but noticeable euphoria. I would happily see refined cocaine disappear altogether if it meant widespread legalisation of Coca leaves. They may be nowhere near as intense but they are fairly safe and the more useful tool IMO.

Tramadol - Not exactly a pure stimulant but I love to use this as a pick-me-up and has definite stimulant properties. It's actually a bit like a very short acting antidepressant, taking an hour or so to work as opposed to taking a fortnight to build up, combined with a very mild opioid buzz. I am one of the lucky ones who feels slightly like I'm rolling on MDMA but without any of the overwhelming effects. Really like a tram ride but have to be careful as habituation and withdrawal can be a cow.

Nothing's too weak if one does enough of it.. :)

But Psuedoephedrine? I think I'd get serious hypertension issues before feeling a rush on this one as the it takes a much lower dose to raise blood pressure on this than I'd imagine it would take to get recreational feelings. Hell though if it works for you without this being an issue then good for you, I'm a little envious in fact %)

Peace, Ethnobot

every stim i've taken, except caffeine, pisses me off something wicked. but my mother was on dexadrine (and barbituates) while pregnant w/ me so i'm sure her use did something fk'd up to my brain.
I won't even try any more stims.