• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Shooting Liquid Methadone From MMT? 2 Questions About It.

the unknown

Bluelighter
I heard people in line said that they shot the liquid methadone from the clinic take home bottles. They say it hits them harder and faster.

My question are...

1. Is there any point rhyme or reason to shoot liquid methadone? Does it get you higher. Does it kick in, in seconds or minutes rather than 45 minutes - 1.5 hrs?

2. My clinic adds some food coloring too the methadone so not to be confused as water or some reason like that. Would the food coloring with the methadone be bad to put into your veins...it doesnt sound like a good idea but it might be harmless i dont know?

where I live, at the clinic the doctors have to watch you drink your methadone, you cant take it home with you, but thats here in Newfoundland/Canada.

I dont really know much on this subject at all but what i do know is its a VERY risky move for very little gain, and from what i remember there isnt even much of a rush. just stick to drinking it ay. Its an oral solution and is definatly something youd wanna be concerned about putting into your veins. It may hit you faster but its really not worth it man.

yeah just drink it there really isn't any "rush" it just comes on faster

I heard people in line said that they shot the liquid methadone from the clinic take home bottles. They say it hits them harder and faster.

My question are...

1. Is there any point rhyme or reason to shoot liquid methadone? Does it get you higher. Does it kick in, in seconds or minutes rather than 45 minutes - 1.5 hrs?

[/COLOR]

there is no rush. It may have quicker onset, but you are really just going to be doing yourself a disservice, as the whole idea of methadone maintenance is to get you to a point where you are not IVing opiates!

2. My clinic adds some food coloring too the methadone so not to be confused as water or some reason like that. Would the food coloring with the methadone be bad to put into your veins...it doesnt sound like a good idea but it might be harmless i dont know?[/COLOR]

Absolutely. This stuff is not made to be IVd.

This is a bad idea. Stick to oral dosing

Do not IV methadone, oral BA is VERY high, and quicker onset does not really warrants IVing because it's really bad for your veins.

I used to IV done some 10 years ago because I was tard. I burned trough my veins like nothing. Some of them still didn't recovered.

I heard of way of prepping done solution (one that has alcohol in it, not the juice) for iv, by cooking it until alcohol starts to burn, then you tilt the cooker to collect brownish precipitate that forms on the sides of cooker and force it back into solution, I don't know chemical name for it but they call it hidrometadol over here, and IVing it is VERY strong, I don't know exact chem behind it beside the facts that it can make you OD like nothing. Also it has a rush and lasts over 8 hours but it's VERY damaging to your veins so I wouldn't advise it to anyone.

Anyhow it's only doable with clear done solution which has alcohol in it.

stay safe and forget about iving done

im on methadone program just started ttwo weeks ag i to have to take it at clinic no take home for me neither they said if i remember rightly will be six monthsbefore im allowed to do that i think people are right stick to oral solution why wreck your veins for so little gain sorry my writing terrible tonight kinda wrecked

There is IV Methadone/Dolophine but it's not the stuff you get at the clinics. Don't try to shoot take homes from a clinic. Oral methadone is very different than the IV methadone. Oral methadone is partially stored in the liver for later use. IV methadone acts more like heroin.

That said,my ex-wife worked for a Doctor that was dying of cancer and she had liquid IV vials of dolophine/methadone. This was quite a while ago so i don't know if they still make it but these were Eli Lilly and came in multi dose vials. 25 cc/ml. She would buy it by the case of 10 bottles (ten pack) and at the time my wife was her "nurse". When she died there was 4 and a half bottles left and swim got them. This stuff was clear as water and kicked ass in a major way. Not a big rush but very potent.

shooting methadone does not make for quicker onset and has no rush what so ever. this is the 1 experience i had with it. the liquid would be really risky to shoot especially if you missed and the pills got so much filler in them you run a serious risk of fucking yaself over shooting them too. if you are looking to get high then taper off the methadone and start you another dope habit. the clinic should be a means to straighten your life out. not to get you high everyday

thanks for the replies...i get one take home bottle per 30 days, and i was just curious, probably wasnt going to do it anyways.

There is IV Methadone/Dolophine but it's not the stuff you get at the clinics. Don't try to shoot take homes from a clinic. Oral methadone is very different than the IV methadone. Oral methadone is partially stored in the liver for later use. IV methadone acts more like heroin.

Are you sure the liver stores methadone? b/c thats the first ive ever heard of the liver storing a drug. Did you mean the liver metabolises the methadone to longer half life compounds?

That said,my ex-wife worked for a Doctor that was dying of cancer and she had liquid IV vials of dolophine/methadone. This was quite a while ago so i don't know if they still make it but these were Eli Lilly and came in multi dose vials. 25 cc/ml. She would buy it by the case of 10 bottles (ten pack) and at the time my wife was her "nurse". When she died there was 4 and a half bottles left and swim got them. This stuff was clear as water and kicked ass in a major way. Not a big rush but very potent.

I have seen IV methadone used in oncology recently (cancer). However, the docs said it is not often used because in medicine prefers control, which is not possible with long halflives. If cancer patients were on methadone, and they are (Physeptone brand), it will be oral dosing. Any IV solutions will be fast acting stuff like morphine

IV buprenorphine (Buprenex) isn't fast acting, but it's not a typical mu-agonist.

With that said, I don't know why people have fascinations about IVing drugs that were clearly meant for oral dosing. There are plenty of drugs that are very easy to use when IVing, why not use those?

Are you sure the liver stores methadone? b/c thats the first ive ever heard of the liver storing a drug. Did you mean the liver metabolises the methadone to longer half life compounds?

I have seen IV methadone used in oncology recently (cancer). However, the docs said it is not often used because in medicine prefers control, which is not possible with long halflives. If cancer patients were on methadone, and they are (Physeptone brand), it will be oral dosing. Any IV solutions will be fast acting stuff like morphine

Yep exactly sorry for the confusion.

That's what this was used for (Cancer). This was quite a while ago too, maybe 25 years or so. I can remember the Eli Lilly labels on the rubber stopped bottles/vials. It was very potent and long lived as in trashed for days. Had to be careful with it due to the legs it had.

dont

I shot the 10mg/ml methadone the clear no sugar added made by methadose and I had heart failure and had to replace a valve with one from a pig so no it is not safe to ever iv oral methadone

I shot the 10mg/ml methadone the clear no sugar added made by methadose and I had heart failure and had to replace a valve with one from a pig so no it is not safe to ever iv oral methadone

This is true. There is also very little benefit from IVing methadone, as the onset still takes some time.

Also, you would have to use a fucking gigantic syringe or youll be poking yourself like 12 times with a standard 1cc insulin syringe. on top of that its much easier to clog the set when you try to boot somethin with as thick of a consistency of methadone.

And thats on top of all the other reasons that been said in this thread.

Capt. H the reason people want to shoot shit intended for oral use is the same reason you shoot sub, cuz thats sure as hell intended for oral use. To a- try and get more out of it and b-cuz we some dopeheads, and we like to shoot shit up cuz thats just how it is.

Once you go from sniffin dope to shootin it, or any drug sniffed/smoked/oral vs iv and you find out how great it is you want to find out if you can do that little magic trick with all the other meds that you been foolish enough to be wasting by using the way they meant to be used for all this time.

(i aint sayin its foolish to take them in the ROA that they made for, imsaying that to a junkie you just THINK it is, you be like , WOW, why did i wait this long to find out about the wonderful world of IV'ing! and then start to approach everything with the "can i shoot this?" mentality.)

I know a doctor in my town,his step sons actually and we used to raid hid pill closet when he and his wife were out of town..We came upon a glass bottle of methadone for IM injection only,no IV injection advised,in fact it specificly said not to use IV injection..The stuff was 50mg per cc ,and at the time I was more interested in the other IV opiates he had there as well as they variuos benzo's and barbituates..He had the 3 CC syringes with long big needles for IM injections but we only IM injected some Talwin,a weak but ok opaite when IM injected at high enough doses..lol..Needless to say this doctor was a junkie and these were his personal opiates for his habit..Aslo he had cases of hydrocodone 5mg per 5ml(teaspoon) cough syrup with 20 - 30ml sample bottles in each case and he had like 5 + cases in his bathroom pharmacy at any one time,as he was friends with an owner of a small pharmacuetical company nearby...good times...