• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

L-Theanine, L-Tyrosine, Xanax and Codeine combo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
hey all,

planning on taking say 500mg l-tyrosine, 150mg l-theanine, about 500mg codeine and 2mg xanax.

i have a tolerance to opiates (80+mg oxy), and to benzos, (not sure, but pretty high, sometimes say 2-5mg xanax a day or 4mg of Flunitrazepam). i am experienced in taking both of these drugs together, but was wondering if the l-tyrosine and theanine would make this combo more dangerous? or could it promote it?

i know the whole benzo/opiate thing is dangerous - i am fully aware. i was wondering if the ammino acids could possibly interact further?

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, probably not.

You may notice a synergistic anti-anxiety effect from the Xanax and l-theanine, however.

could it cause too much depression through the increase of dopa from the tyrosine, or possibly the theanine? or are the ammino acids harmless?

thanks for the fast response by the way.

I've never experienced any sort of depressant effect from either of those amino acids (and I take l-tyrosine on a regular basis to help recover from amphetamine usage).

YMMV, however.

I think L-Theanie + L-tyrosine + Xanax (or another benzo) is a good combo. B/c the L-Theanine has a good synergyistic action with the xanax, and the L-Tyrosine is a building block for dopamine which will aid it you feeling better... Another good amnio acid to take with benzos is L-Glutamine as it is a building block for GABA...

L-Tyrosine has been proven to have no effect unless you're deficient in dopamine, if I recall correctly. (Ie. amphetamine WD)

L-Theanine is structurally very similar to Gabapentin and Pregabalin, so I would assume it works the same way by increasing levels of synaptic GABA, not allosterically modulating GABA-A like benzos do. L-Theanine is one of the most underrated psychoactive supplements, along with Magnesium. I'm surprised more people don't use it for anxiety and stress reduction instead of resorting to Kava Kava or Valerian Root, which are not as clear headed and nootropic as L-Theanine.

L-Theanine < Neurontin < Pregablin as far as benzo potentiation, which they all do very significantly, in my experience.

L-Theanine is structurally very similar to Gabapentin and Pregabalin, so I would assume it works the same way by increasing levels of synaptic GABA, not allosterically modulating GABA-A like benzos do. L-Theanine is one of the most underrated psychoactive supplements, along with Magnesium. I'm surprised more people don't use it for anxiety and stress reduction instead of resorting to Kava Kava or Valerian Root, which are not as clear headed and nootropic as L-Theanine.

L-Theanine < Neurontin < Pregablin as far as benzo potentiation, which they all do very significantly, in my experience.

Wait, magnesium is psychoactive? I know it relieves constipation and gets rid of jaw clenching from stims, but what does it do by itself?

Wait, magnesium is psychoactive? I know it relieves constipation and gets rid of jaw clenching from stims, but what does it do by itself?

It is an voltage independent NMDA antagonist, which means it doesn't affect the NMDAR to the point of getting you dissociated or to the point of impairing cognitive function. It also "feels" psychoactive through relieving Mg deficiency, so a proper (chelated) Mg supplement will relax you, improve physical anxiety, reduce panic attacks, give you more confidence through raising testosterone, work as an antidepressant, give you a more restful sleep (improving mood, anxiety, and pain), etc.

It is an voltage independent NMDA antagonist, which means it doesn't affect the NMDAR to the point of getting you dissociated or to the point of impairing cognitive function. It also "feels" psychoactive through relieving Mg deficiency, so a proper (chelated) Mg supplement will relax you, improve physical anxiety, reduce panic attacks, give you more confidence through raising testosterone, work as an antidepressant, give you a more restful sleep (improving mood, anxiety, and pain), etc.

I've heard about some people using it for anxiety, but I've also heard if you're not deficient in magnesium, excess is just crapped out like vitamin B.

^ Most people in the late 20th/early 21st century are Magnesium deficient, so who cares about possible excess? It's a miracle mineral, there's no reason not to supplement with it unless you are extremely poor (in which case you will save money, anyways, by taking more Mg and less self medicating drugs) or allergic to Mg.

Careful with the WGFJuice, as it increases peak plasma levels of Xanax by something like 86% (iirc) and extends duration significantly.

Careful with the WGFJuice, as it increases peak plasma levels of Xanax by something like 86% (iirc) and extends duration significantly.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :p
I can handle 4mg with no tolerance, I'm sure he'll be fine with 1.5/WGFJ

Not him, but reckless people who "can handle 4mg with no tolerance" and take their 4mg with WGFJ. There are far more lurkers on this board than there are registered users, and there are a lot of impressionable youths who read these posts. As an HR forum, we can't assume things like "I'm sure he'll be fine," because we don't know how much the 13 year old reading this thread will take with their WGFJ.

Blacking out, falling and hitting your head, doing regrettable things, getting in trouble while benzoed out, etc are all bad things. Benzos are tools used for anxiety, panic, and comedowns, they're not to be fucked with.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :p
I can handle 4mg with no tolerance, I'm sure he'll be fine with 1.5/WGFJ

I know ppl who abuse substances daily; who absolutely cannot handle 4mg....
or white grapefruit juice..

token

Not him, but reckless people who "can handle 4mg with no tolerance" and take their 4mg with WGFJ. There are far more lurkers on this board than there are registered users, and there are a lot of impressionable youths who read these posts. As an HR forum, we can't assume things like "I'm sure he'll be fine," because we don't know how much the 13 year old reading this thread will take with their WGFJ.

Blacking out, falling and hitting your head, doing regrettable things, getting in trouble while benzoed out, etc are all bad things. Benzos are tools used for anxiety, panic, and comedowns, they're not to be fucked with.

Wow. Really? I must have a super high natural tolerance to xanax. I take it maybe once every 4-6 months when I'm really anxious. 1mg makes me slightly tired, 2mg made me a bit more tired, and recently 4mg (on an empty stomach, and i'm 150 lbs) just made me EXTREMELY tired, but I remember everything. All I did was lay on the couch and watch TV until I fell asleep a half hour later.

Yeah I agree, Benzo's are nothing to mess with... So many people have done some of the dumbest stuff in their lives while under the influence of benzos (especially Xanax in particular).

Hi. What's your point? You're bumping an old thread to say this? And why Xanax more than another benzodiazepine?

Please read the BDD Guidelines in my signature. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.