• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

potentiating tramadol

you should try to get your hands on some oxy if an opiate high is what you're after. IMO its safer then tramidol and the buzz is 100x better. just be careful mixing downers.

um I usually end up taking over 1000mg on average, sometimes 2000mg

And this one time I was going on a three hour ride home, and I ended up drinking maybe a half gallon, 2000+mg of Tramadol, and maybe .5g cocaine
talk about potentaiting!!!! jeez

Heres some things i've used in combination with tram.

Acetaminophen - increase pain relief
Cannabis - Makes it much more euphoric, and increases pain relief
Benzo's (ie: kpins, Valium, Xanax) - Take the edge off by reducing the anxiety tramadol gives, and also heighten seizure threshold. Might also increase euphoria.
Codeine and Oxy: increases the opiate effects, which diminish over long periods of use, leaving just the nri and sri effect.
citalopram: If your suffering from depression, this ssri is probably the safest and most effective when used with tramadol as an antidepressant.
alcohol: pretty much same effect as benzo's, but may slightly diminish the opiatey body high if your like me.
DXM: in therapeutic doses (never take more than 90mg's in combo) can increase pain relief, warmness, and anti-depressant effect.
Promethazine: helps with adverse effects like nausea, itching, and vertigo. Very helpful if your trying to get a good nod.

Suboxone also interacts well with it reportedly.

Last edited:
I took Tramadol for years and was addicted to it for about 2 years. I have since moved up the Opiate latter Severely. But, i found that good potentiators are the regular things you use to Potentiate all Opiates. Also other Opiates potentiate Tramadol and vs.

I use Tramadol to enhance my Poppy pod tea. They enhance each other so well. but i don't use Tramadol with my DOC like Oxy and fent. I don't use Tramadol at all when I'm on those but for pods they work beautifully, although some will probably disagree on that.

RPG

Tsukasa said:

Acetaminophen - increase pain relief
Cannabis - Makes it much more euphoric, and increases pain relief
Benzo's (ie: kpins, Valium, Xanax) - Take the edge off by reducing the anxiety tramadol gives, and also heighten seizure threshold. Might also increase euphoria.
Codeine and Oxy: increases the opiate effects, which diminish over long periods of use, leaving just the nri and sri effect.
citalopram: If your suffering from depression, this ssri is probably the safest and most effective when used with tramadol as an antidepressant.
alcohol: pretty much same effect as benzo's, but may slightly diminish the opiatey body high if your like me.
DXM: in therapeutic doses (never take more than 90mg's in combo) can increase pain relief, warmness, and anti-depressant effect.
Promethazine: helps with adverse effects like nausea, itching, and vertigo. Very helpful if your trying to get a good nod.

Do NOT take DXM and tramadol at the same time.

You are asking for a piece of the Serotonin Syndrome pie.

I don't think Tsukasa has taken 1/10 of the drugs he talks about. I've seen him give out some pretty dangerous advice in the past.

The one already noted: tramadol + DXM = NO
Also, two of the "potentiators" he mentioned: citalopram + DXM = NO
Then, all three of those together: tramadol + citalopram + DXM = NO; are you begging for health problems?

Good job catching that, nabollocks. We don't want people giving dangerous "advice" like that here.

RoxiPoppyGirl said:
I took Tramadol for years and was addicted to it for about 2 years. I have since moved up the Opiate latter Severely. But, i found that good potentiators are the regular things you use to Potentiate all Opiates. Also other Opiates potentiate Tramadol and vs.

I use Tramadol to enhance my Poppy pod tea. They enhance each other so well. but i don't use Tramadol with my DOC like Oxy and fent. I don't use Tramadol at all when I'm on those but for pods they work beautifully, although some will probably disagree on that.

RPG
i hella miss drinking poppy pod tea! this morning at work i took 200mg of tramadol and then 2 hrs later i took 40mg of oxy and 25mg of hydrocodone. dude it was one of the most beautiful experiences in my life. being at work was sick as fuck!

second650 said:
i hella miss drinking poppy pod tea! this morning at work i took 200mg of tramadol and then 2 hrs later i took 40mg of oxy and 25mg of hydrocodone. dude it was one of the most beautiful experiences in my life. being at work was sick as fuck!
Congrats on going to work high!
I'm sure no one else on bluelight has ever done that before. ;)

I like your avatar. I think any kind of rodent is so cool!! But, I'm sure your avatar means something else.

RPG

second650 said:
u guys acting like 200 mg of tramadol is huge. come on now!

because, theoretically it can be deadly. we are at a harm rediuction site right? read the posts of people seizuring and dieing from less than 200mg. Tramadol can be a very hit and miss drug. i suggest you research it and and it's interactions with other drugs.

Tsukasa said:

citalopram with tramadol? are you fucking serious? and fucking DXM?! do some fucking research. how many times has it been said that tramadol is unsafe to take with an SSRI/SNRI. Someone is asking for seretonin syndrome or worse...

leftwing said:
because, theoretically it can be deadly. we are at a harm rediuction site right? read the posts of people seizuring and dieing from less than 200mg. Tramadol can be a very hit and miss drug. i suggest you research it and and it's interactions with other drugs.

citalopram with tramadol? are you fucking serious? and fucking DXM?! do some fucking research. how many times has it been said that tramadol is unsafe to take with an SSRI/SNRI. Someone is asking for seretonin syndrome or worse...
i was high when i wrote that and am now embarrased about that quote. sorry folks....

i agree

nabollocks said:
I would really like to see some numbers about tramadol alcohol interaction.

JC I have been on tramadol for about 1 year now, and have never had any trouble drinking. In fact tramadol seems to be quite stimulating when drinking alcohol. I have no problem with the 'lowering seizure threshold' bit of your argument, but I am yet to hear of anyone having a seizure from this combination.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also I talked to my doctor regarding this matter, and she said the reason the 'Avoid Alcohol' notice was printed on the box was because of the potential effects of a narcotic + alcohol. She told me it was fine to have a few drinks.

i also have a few drinks while taking tramadol....i take up to 400mgs/day....sometimes i bump it up with another 50mgs and a couple glasses of wine.....i have never had any ill affects.......normally i feel very "up" from the tram's.....sometimes to the point of agitation....so i will have a glass or two to chill....they say to avoid this cos of the risk of seizure....i do not want to give bad advice, but my interpretation is that if you do not have seizures, then moderation is okay on both tram's and booze.....

Unleashed said:
Take a few hits of weed and youll be feeling it a lot stronger :)

IMO weed does not make everything stronger you cant find a thread without this saying in it...

its like the guy on Half Baked, Enhancement Smoker "You ever see the back of a twenty dollar bill... on weed? Oh, there's some crazy shit, man. There's a dude in the bushes. Has he got a gun? I dunno! RED TEAM GO, RED TEAM GO

Unleashed said:
Take a few hits of weed and youll be feeling it a lot stronger :)

In my case that's because Cannabis relieves pain for me as well, so my Tramadol + Cannabis regime is still keeping me away from the heavier pain meds :) Love smoking as well so it's a great synergy imo

400 mg Tramadol + 1 gram of Cannabis + 2-4 beers + 1 mg Clonazepam OR
400 mg Tramadol + 1 gram of Cannabis + 30 mg Diazepam + 1 mg Clonazepam

Both combos have a great effect on me and I never ran into any probs with Tramadol, never take more as 400 mg/day and eat a few anti-convulsants to keep the seizures away and have a great pain-free night. :)

Maybe something else in that mix is unsafe, but I generally feel better after taking Cannabis with my Tramadol :p

Weed Just Makes Me Lazy. I Never Drink With Trams But I Take A Ton Of It A Day Unfortunately.

what is seretonin syndrome?

I currently take 60mg of Citalopram every day and I never knew I shouldn't be taking tramadol with it? what should I be doing? Obviously I never told my doctor I am doing the tramadol so thats why I haven't heard her say HEY DONT DO THAT .... advise please!