• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy seed tea is legitimate - How to make it work for you.

Doktah

Bluelighter
Hey everyone,

Before I start, I know that I am most likely going to get flamed for this. I want to make it clear that I am only posting this as I feel it will help some people out, particularly those who use opiods. Also, seeing as this is a harm reduction forum, I feel obligated to share my experience with how PST completely destroyed my weekly drug test results.

Here is the procedure I use to make the tea (I had quite the tolerance to heroin, dilaudid, etc via IV use just prior to this, and it still got me high for pretty much a full day and - at times - into the next one):

1. Buy Seeds - This will obviously depend on your tolerance. I had a moderate opiate tolerance, and got pretty nicely fuzzed out on about 2 pounds of ppppy seed. In Canada, this costs about <No price discussion>. The key here is to get seeds that have a strong poppy seed stench. I have found that - in canada - the absolute two best places to get seeds are <No sourcing> Buyer beware however, poppy seeds vary GREATLY in their viability for the purpose outlined in this thread, and you could either get no effects, or possibly even die of an overdose!

2. Shake Seeds in Water - I usually use enough water as to slightly suspend the seeds. A good indicator here is to slowly rock the container back and forth; If the seeds appear to be floating on the top and there are no solid chunks sitting there inanimately, then your good to go. I have found that using cold water works the best. This part of the procedure can take an unnecessarily long time if you do not use a big enough container as to soak all the seeds in one go. I have found that the best containers for containing the seeds are recycled empty protein powder jugs; Big enough to do all the seeds at once, and they give the seedy solution optimal space to shake around and forcefully hit the inside walls. You really only need to shake the container for a few minutes, but make those minutes count.

***I have also found that adding freshly squeezed lemon juice (not a ton; maybe a good few drops) does indeed aid somehow in getting you higher in the end. I do not know why this is, but I always squeeze a lemon over my labor of love, and it has consistently proven to increase effects relative to the tea without...

3. Strain the Solution and Drink - Finally, it is time to strain your tea. My favorite method for accomplishing this can be performed with a big bowl, a grocery bag, and a pin. First, dump the seeds and liquid into the bag. Once your Bag 'O Seeds is full and sitting in the big bowl, slowly lift it up over the bowl and poke a bunch of wholes into the bottom. You can squeeze the bag in this step to speed the process along. Once you finish one squeeze (and all the air has left the bag), open the top up, trap some more air in there, and squeeze again. The air helps force the liquid out that is trapped in the bag with the seeds. Once you cannot see a dark indicator of a water level through the material of the bag, you are finished.

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 - It is a complete waste to toss the seeds after your first rinse. Although each subsequent rinse after the first will produce diminishing returns, I have found that it is in your best interest to at least perform a second rinse. If you find that your seeds are very strong (or you have a ton), live on the wild side and squeeze a third one in there for good measure.

The liquid left behind from this procedure can now be consumed to produce a long-lasting (up to a full day with some people) relaxing high. As stated at the end of step one, there is no quality control with PST, so you MUST drink slow and gauge your physical response as you go. This can be difficult because the tea can take hours sometimes to peak in effects. Just remember, better safe then dead and incapable of even being sorry. Two rules of thumb I use to guesstimate the potency of my tea are its opacity, color, and taste. A strong tea should look anywhere from pale yellow to hopefully more of a dark-yellowish brown, let hardly any light pass through it, and taste noticeably bitter from the alkaloid content.

Some anecdotal evidence that Poppy Seed Tea not only works, but is fairly strong:
I recently ended a five month long stint on Oxycontin, heroin, and hydromorphone. Since I made the decision to retire my use, I enrolled myself in a drug addiction counselling program located in Toronto. For part of this program, we are required to submit a urine sample as proof that we are indeed drug free. <No drug testing>

Well, that is it. If you ever find yourself in a tight spot for narcotics, give this a try... I really don't think you will be disappointed! <3

Last edited by a moderator:
@OP, please review the OD guidelines and the bluelight user agreement, this thread violated multiple rules:

1) No drug testing discussion

2) No price discussion

3) No sourcing

This is a harm reduction focus forum, you should edit your post to reflect these standards. Thankyou.

Buyer beware however, poppy seeds vary GREATLY in their viability for the purpose outlined in this thread, and you could either get no effects, or possibly even die of an overdose!

This can't really be restated enough, you have to be brave, reckless, or desperate in my opinion to brew seed tea. Many brands of seeds are washed and contain only very minute traces of alkaloid, which results in large volumes of nasty-tasting "tea".

Save the seeds for germinating in a field or making strudel. If you are interested in buying opium poppy seeds, go to a garden store and find some, they're generally not hard to find... hint: latin names. The yields are probably shit but it's a lot more likely to yield pleasing flowers than using breadseed poppy.

And I don't think people can discuss "which brands of poppy seeds should I buy to get high?" here...

The yields are probably shit but it's a lot more likely to yield pleasing flowers than using breadseed poppy.

And I don't think people can discuss "which brands of poppy seeds should I buy to get high?" here...

Yeah, I agree. And you're right, there is no brand discussion in OD.

Eh, fuck it, ban me lol. I hardly contribute to this site anyway, and I figured I would just get shit on for writing about poppy seed tea. Sorry about violating the rules though, should have figured that naming specific brands of seed was sourcing. Out of curiosity, why is talk about drug testing against the rules? It sort of fits in with harm reduction... I could see why posts about "winning against drug testing" would be banned, but why testing in general?

You won't be banned... I don't think you knowingly violated the rules. Checkout the BLUA and OD guidelines, as well as the support forum.

As far as getting shit for writing about Poppy Seed Tea/Poppy Pod Tea, there are plenty of people here who know exactly how high you can get from a nice cuppa poppy tea. There are also quite a few who know how bad withdrawal from a poppy tea habit can be. The active ingredient in poppy tea is morphine, with the added bonus of lots of other opiate alkaloids thrown into the mix. I've heard several people complain that kicking poppy tea is comparable to kicking methadone - a lengthy, drawn-out, generally miserable process. In the interest of harm reduction, I'd like to emphasize that poppy tea can put a big, nasty monkey on your back.

Last edited:
Seeds are consistently unreliable. Back in the old days we used dried pods to make a soupy/tea-like drink, which, if fully ingested, produced effects lasting quite longer than any pharm. opiate I have ever been perscribed. But good luck finding real pods these days boys. Seeds are too much time, effort, and money now to invest in, especially compared to how weak the effects are. I definetely don't want to share with you a tek for getting *better* results outta that crap, for all the time youre spending. Just think about what you are extracting and then putting into your body. Perhaps you can search the web for some info on making it worth your while.

I tried seeds so many times, for so many different sources, not once did I ever feel a thing. The first time I ever ordered poppy PODS, I made a glass of tea using ~5g of ground up pods, and about 2 hours after I finished the glass, I remember texting my friend saying "I'm never touching a percocet again....there's no point..." I was VERY high, with a STRONG euphoria that lasted well into the next day. From that point forward I used poppy pod tea a few times a week for a next few months, slowly increasing dosage and frequency until I eventually decided I needed to stop, and I did. Next time I went back to order pods a few months down the line after staying 100% opioid clean, the infamous poppy-pod-drought had set in full force and pods were nearly impossible to obtain. I haven't even seen a poppy pod since then.

Moral of the story, poppy seeds never worked for me even though I tried several different sources and attempted using VERY high amounts. Poppy PODS, however, are nature's true gift to mankind.

Seeds can vary greatly, be very very careful. Check out the poppy seed thread, there's some good links to studies.
There's a paper somewhere that showed seeds varying from x to x micrograms.
I think it was 1 - 255 per seed but do not trust this.

1 batch could make you OD, another you wont even feel it.
Be careful with new batches.

Last edited:
Seeds can vary greatly, be very very careful. Check out the poppy seed thread, there's some good links to studies.
There's a paper somewhere that showed seeds varying from x to x micrograms.
I think it was 1 - 250 but do not trust this.

1 batch could make you OD, another you wont even feel it.
Be careful with new batches.

This.

10x as true with poppy pods, because they are by far stronger. Each BATCH doesn't matter, because each POD could be extremely different in potency. One good way to make sure you have consistent potency is take all of your seeds....or if you have pods ground them ALL up....and put ALL of it into one big container, and mix/stir it up well. That way, you have one big batch of 'material' that is a consistent potency. Take a small sample of this mixed-up batch, and determine how strong you think it is. Go from there...

I tried PST. It tasted disgusting, gave me an upset stomach & almost made me throw up. I felt slightly hungover & dehydrated in the morning too. codeine is must more enjoyable & doesn't contain the unwanted alkaloids thebaine, papaverine and several others.
OP. If u wanna try out opiate go for the cough syrup Rikodeine which contains dihydrocodeine. the small bottle will will only give u a small dose but wont give u diarrhea. If u drink the large bottle it gives u a good dose but will give u diarrhea due to the sorbitol that is also in the cough syrup. It's at least otc in australia.
Better yet is cold water extracted codeine. some country's have pills with only apap & codeine while others also contain caffeine which would give u an od of caffeine. its pretty easy to get prescribed apap/codeine pills anyway. u can say u occasionally get migraines but in aus it's otc. I recommend using "chemists own pain tablets" because they dissolve themselves in the water as they sit in the freezer. with some other tablets u may have to place them in the water & use the handle side of a screw driver to crush the tablets & help them dissolve.
u can read about cwe at http://www.erowid.org/pharms/codeine/codeine_faq.shtml
I always place a hanky over a bowl so its overlapping the side of the bowl. stir the mix after its been in the freezer for 1/2 hr than pour it into a crevasse ive made in the middle of the hanky. the water containing the codeine will go through the hanky & into the bowl but the apap will be trapped in the hanky. wrap up the sides of the hanky & grasp it tightly at the to than squeeze every last drop of liquid out into the bowl. than put a coffee filter over a glass & pour it through. (now the coffee filter wont get clogged cuz the hanky cought practically all of it (if not all of it) make sure to wet the hanky & the coffee filter before doing this so it will absorb as little water as possible. the coffee filter is really just used as a precaution to make sure u have all the apap out.
use 2mL of water per pill. say u originally do cwe on 25 pills & use 50mL of water & when u finish the cwe u have 50mL of water u should have close to 100% of the codeine. if u only getting 80% of the water u used back out when ya finished than ya must have less than %80 of the codeine. its a good indicator of how much codeine ya got out.

yo this is fd.

some seeds are way too washed or w/e
you cant find any good ones now adays

last 2 times i did 3.5 pounds twice with new seeds and nothing
before i used to get smashed off these now nothing

is it because im doing sumthin wrong????

i just put the seeds in a 5 liter container
put about 600 ml water a lemon, and half a grapefruit
shake
switch caps wit one that has holes
strain
and drink

used to work wonderfully after 30 minutes but now it never works

i tried the poppy seed tea thing for a while a few years ago, and never got anywhere. I did, however, find great results when using pods.

If you are experienced with opiates, seed tea is probably not going to do much for you, other than maybe stave away withdrawals. Pod tea is a whole nother story.

If you aren't experienced with opiates, seed tea is a good way to try them just start slow, but stay the fuck away from pod tea unless you want to end up in the ground. Not kidding.

Here is my recipe for poppy POD tea:

1 wide mouth one litre flask
400ml of boiling water
6 Earl Grey Tea bags
6 tablespoons of lemon juice
2-3 tablespoons of cider vinegar
100-200mg Vitamin C (crushed tablet)

Put them all in the flask and shake up until the Earl Grey has infused well

Open flask and add 400ml of cold water
Shake again,
Add poppy pods ground very fine in coffee grinder (whatever amount your tolerance allows)
shake and shake and shake and shake and shake and shake for around 10 minutes
Funnel the contents of the flask into a 1 litre plastic bottle,

Guzzle down liquid and pod together. The pods should be so finely ground that they just go down nice with the liquid, like drinking OJ with pulp in it.

If I want an nice nod I can also drop a couple of valium, a benadryl or a couple of shots of vodka. BUT BE WARNED, THAT CAN BE FATAL. DO NOT TAKE THIS AS A RECOMMENDATION!!!!!

You can also use White Grapefruit Juice instead of cold water.

As long as you know your tolerance and get the balance right you can get a nice nod that will last 6-10 hours!!!

seed tea is insanely strong if you get unwashed seeds, from a bulk company online (not whole foods or bulk barn or whatever, their seeds suck). Honestly if you have good seeds, the high is quite nice.

All the methods are the same really, seeds, bottle, water, I put lemon juice in, it does seem to help. Shake a minute or two, drain, fill up, shake a minute or two, drain, and repeat if necessary. If you use 3.5 lbs of seeds and get nothing, it's the seeds no question. 3.5 lbs would have me delightfully relaxed and energetic with the good seeds i used to get.

what you said. yes. +1
do not buy seeds from the grocery. buy them online. you'll know theyre unwashed if there are bits of the pod in with the seeds, and the smell should be strong and earthy.
i love PST. in fact i think its a better then oxy.

seed tea is insanely strong if you get unwashed seeds, from a bulk company online (not whole foods or bulk barn or whatever, their seeds suck). Honestly if you have good seeds, the high is quite nice.

All the methods are the same really, seeds, bottle, water, I put lemon juice in, it does seem to help. Shake a minute or two, drain, fill up, shake a minute or two, drain, and repeat if necessary. If you use 3.5 lbs of seeds and get nothing, it's the seeds no question. 3.5 lbs would have me delightfully relaxed and energetic with the good seeds i used to get.

The BEST way to make poopy seed tea!

1. 1200 grams of bulk seeds. (Don't waste your time or money with the small jar seeds. Must be bulk, like bobs mills ect.
2. Go get a 2.5 liter soda bottle. Get the cheap sprite kind with citric acid.
3. Pore half of the soda out and save, your gonna use later.
4. Put 1200 grams into bottle and shake for 10 min.
5. Cut a thin shirt to cover top for draining.
6. After it's drained pore the other half of soda and shake for 10 min.
7. Enjoy! I put kool-aid in when finished. It helps with taste ALOT! Drink 2 liters of plain gets old after awhile lol.

PEACE