Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Sampling Perus best, Cocaine and MJ, First time

delsymfan

Bluelighter
So I'm in Peru. Peru kicks a lot of ass to sum it up.

I had been around some sources for coke, and had wanted to try it at least once down here. I went with a girl to a party, and there was plenty to go around.

First we drank a bit. I probably had 4 shots worth of liquor in an hour. I was buzzing pretty mildly but feeling good.

Then somebody broke out the MJ, and I started smoking a little weed. Two hits and I was in a really good place. The stuff is strong, but very clear in the head. I didnt feel confused or clouded. And In fact, I didnt feel nearly as lazy as I do with weed back home in the states. I was very social and happy. This was probably 11:30 at night.

After a little more drinking somebody started chopping up lines of coke on a mirror on a table. I had been eager to try it and so I put down two small lines. I was shocked and amazed that a gram of pure coke here will only cost you $10 tops. The stuff felt great. I was feeling just wonderful the rest of the night. This was around 12:30 if I recall.

More MJ floated around, I probably had 4-6 hits more throughout the evening. Though I never was baked out of my mind. Just felt perfect. I tend to know my limits and I can say no to people.

They are very generous people here, and keep wanting to give me more drink and bumps because to them I am a foreign ambassador of sorts, a very honored guest. But I just took it easy the rest of the night.

I never had a harsh comedown or anything. I could tell when it was wearing off, after a couple hours, and I simply felt mellowed out and relaxed and comfortable with everybody. I had no twitchyness or depression or anything negative whatsoever.

Got home around 6 AM and threw down 2mg of xanax to hit the hay.

Woke up refreshed and very happy... and got a lovely quickie.

I can definitely see myself doing the coke again, I but I dont feel hooked or like its a craving or anything. Its certainly a great social item and my Spanish has never been better than when I was on the coke. My brain worked like a sweatshop in malaysia.

All in all a very cool introduction to some of Perus finer things of life.

Last edited:
How you mean?

So far, during the night, and even to now, I dont really have any impulse to do more. It was very enjoyable for the night, and I had a great time. But I dont have any sort of craving or anything. And there was no crash or hard come down on this stuff.

I mean that people are all like "Yeah it isn't shit, I don't even like it, don't get what the fuss's about" but they get pretty chatty talking about it, no matter what they're saying, even when its stuff like "coke is so dumb and expensive" and people can talk that game right up until somehow they've pitched in for a bag, again. At least thats what I've seen.

So not like hardcore addiction or whatever but it def. moves in on people's style.

Yeah I can see that. I mean I aint about to downplay what I enjoyed. Im honest like that. And I cant use the expensive argument here in Peru lol.

I see what you mean though. It wiggles its way into your life.

$10 for a gram of coke! That's insane

Yeah... I've been told the guy can get it as cheap as $5 for less quality stuff, and he also said he has another guy that costs roughly 13-15 a gram, but he feels the jump in quality doesnt merit the 40% increase in price.

So it seems that the $10 spot gram is pretty much all ya really need around here to get good quality stuff.

And the weed... well a gram of that amazing weed was just about $3.

Probably Cusco?

When I was in Bolivia I was getting grams for $7USD Fucken awesome shit! Best I had apart from in Guatemala. I think the grams there were $15USD but they were chunky little rocks that you needed to crush up.

Great times to be had in Central and South America!

Lima. I stay here. Cusco's expensive as shit, full of ignorant irritating tourists, and is cold as fuck at night.

I love Lima man.

Now the spot, from what I hear for the coke, is Juliaca/Puno. On Lake Titicaca, apparently the cheaper Bolovian goods get in close to Peruvian goods and its all around great.

Yeah, Cusco is a tourist rat fest, no arguing that point. Only reason to go there is to get to Macha Pichu.

When we were there we got totally scammed buying some weed, which really reinforces the idea that if you are a tourist buying drugs in English in Central/South America you are probably getting ripped off. When we bought the weed, the guy had a bit in his hand which I smelt (good bush buds), but then what he handed me in some tightly wrapped clear paper turned out to be oregano I think.

Did some good coke up in Rurrenabaque (sp) up in Northern Bolivia. Had some in La Paz as well, but it was more expensive and not as good.

Yeah I have yet to explore the Bolivian area.. And so far I have no personal straight connections to the white powder. I just happened upon it at a party is all. But, given where I am located on the map, that is bound to happen more than once.

I have to say though, I havent had it since this report, and I never once felt a craving or need for it.

Can you speak Espanol? Ask the locals and they'll direct you to somewhere you can buy it. Generally, if you're buying or dealing with someone who can speak English, you're probably getting ripped off.

I was lucky iIguess - in Guatemala someone told me a house I could go to. In Bolivia a guy talked to me in a bar. In Honduras, again, a guy talked to me in a locals bar. In Nicaragua a guy talked to me and took me to a house. It was bit sketchy as he took me down a fucken dark street and I was a bit worried I'd get rolled ... but it turned out that it was all good.

In Peru we got a bit ripped. It was coke, but the quality wasn't that great at all and I think we paid maybe $15-20USD.

All you have to be able to say/understand is: do you know where I can buy cocaine, how much and I want 1/2/3 grams.

Yeah I can definitely speak the spanish enough. I been here for 2 months now so its coming along quite well...

But yeah I'd prefer to just let it find me more or less. It cuts down on the amount of negative persons you need to deal with you know?

besides, my GF basically is the best hookup in the world. She can get me a 1/2 gram for free just by being hot... God I'm glad I found me a Peruvian chica.

We are going to Mancora today where she knows good people... And its a beautiful surf beach town, which equates to a whole lot more of my OP.

Just wanted to provide a further update:
Last night, managed to get a hold of two solid lines. However, about 2 hours apart. The duration of pleasure was just about identical to the original posted experience. While I only did about half the amount, I still felt it for about 90-110 minutes, and it was a great ride.

After exactly 2 hours, I did another one, and that one felt pretty good for about the same length of time. For the record, I wouldnt have done the second, were it not for meeting a cool australian who had some extra he felt like sharing. So I didnt have to pay for round two. And so it was cool with me.

During the comedown of either I had no negative feelings or symptoms or anything. I didnt crave, didnt feel shitty.

I will say during the end of the second, mind you around 5:15 AM, I was kinda getting a little annoyed more easily than normal. I was probably just a bit tired, but I kinda had less tolerance for shit. Like the girlfriend not being, shall we say, generous. And some noise outside was pissin me off.

Popped 1.5mg of xanax and slept until like 11:30... Good stuff.

Just felt like sharing that this first post wasnt a freak occurance, this shits for real here.

This thread has just reaffirmed my decision to go to Peru during my 'round-the-world drug trip. Weirdly enough, I crave Cocaine at the moment... I think it's more of an anticipation thing, as I may be getting a hold of some Coca Plant seeds soon, although I have never done Coke in my life.

Dude, you need like so much coca leaves to make cocaine, so unless you're planning on planting a small forest and know your chemistry I wouldn't waste your time ...

Nice second report delsymfan

yeah I believe its bout 250g to get 1 g of coke... Course that coke is straight pure. So you could theoretically do like a quarter, needing only 75g of plant or somewhere around there.

Still yeah youre gonna need bolivia to be your backyard.

Save yourself the hassle, just come here and buy it lol...

With my gf, it was almost scary. I mean seriously dudes, she just asked 3 separate cab drivers, and all 3 had some to sell, and all 3 sold us about a quarter for 5 bucks. We were in a touristy area and prices were up over there, but still... Its like easier to find than dog shit.