• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Pharmaceutical drugs analagous to Cocaine

melarsoprol

Bluelighter
Hey everyone,

So recently i've taken a real liking to very clean cocaine (I believe its one of the cleanest I've had in a while) however, due to expenses (damn the recession) I was considering switching to a prescription drug that emulated the upper high.

So i was wondering,

Are there any pharmaceutical drugs that are similar to cocaine in terms of its effects? im aware of ritalin and adderal and etc, but there seems to be many opinions on their differences. So by experience, which do you think is the closest?

and second of all, pertaining to the chemical structure, which pharma drug is the most similar?

Thanks

In terms of chemistry, I'd guess the closest matches will be the other "caines" (ie, lidocaine, procaine, novacaine, etc). But those will only have the anesthetizing effects. As far as getting a pharm with the cocaine high? Sounds like a tough one.

I took adderall for years and i think it is very similar to coke in many ways. there is no drug exactly like coke. but amphetamines IMO are more similar to coke than they are different.

if you like coke i dont see why you would not like adderall. it makes you feel good thats for sure, but it lasts a lot longer.

Hey everyone,

So recently i've taken a real liking to very clean cocaine (I believe its one of the cleanest I've had in a while) however, due to expenses (damn the recession) I was considering switching to a prescription drug that emulated the upper high.

So i was wondering,

Are there any pharmaceutical drugs that are similar to cocaine in terms of its effects? im aware of ritalin and adderal and etc, but there seems to be many opinions on their differences. So by experience, which do you think is the closest?

and second of all, pertaining to the chemical structure, which pharma drug is the most similar?

Thanks

in terms of both chemical structure as well as pharmacological action, methylphenidate (ritalin) is the prescription stimulant most similar to cocaine. i think most people would agree that ritalin isn't nearly as enjoyable. in fact, some people feel downright crappy on the stuff. personally, I think it feels pretty similar to coke, but i have only ever gotten low quality cocaine so it's hard to judge. although i have never tried it, the more active isomer, dextromethylphenidate (focalin) is said to be much more pleasant and coke-like than ritalin.

but, i think most people who have used prescription stimulants would agree that amphetamines are probably the best. dextroamphetamine (dexedrine) would be most desirable, but Adderall (mixed amphetamine salts) is still pretty good, and more widely available. it's also worth mentioning that there are prescription methamphetamine tablets (desoxsyn), but they are rarely prescribed.

In terms of chemistry, I'd guess the closest matches will be the other "caines" (ie, lidocaine, procaine, novacaine, etc). But those will only have the anesthetizing effects. As far as getting a pharm with the cocaine high? Sounds like a tough one.

if we are just considering chemical structure that's not limited to stimulants, atropine is suprisingly cocaine like. it share no similarities in effect though.

OK, curiosity's gotten the best of me. Why do you want a pharm that's similar to coke? Why not just get...coke?

Thank you for the quick replies.

Well basically, cocaine is always a gamble. the quality, the buying, the laws, the risk the list goes on.

However, seems like i have a knack for getting prescription drugs with docs, and i have some sort of ADD/bi-polar so i believe this can be more than just an outlet for abuse. Basically, im doing this on the basis of cost, because i have a pretty nice health insurance, might as well use it.

Do people recreationally use the caine? I've never heard of this, but maybe this is promising. I know lidocaine is too weak for any recreational use though.

Do people recreationally use the caine? I've never heard of this, but maybe this is promising. I know lidocaine is too weak for any recreational use though.

no. besides ending in -caine and being local anasthetics, lidocaine, benzocaine etc have nothing to do with cocaine. their chemical structures aren't even similar to coke. too much local anasthetics in the bloodstream can stop your heart, so dont try to take a bunch.

Ya the "caines" are structurally similar i think but don't readily cross the Blood Brain Barrier...Amphetamines have similar stimulating effects but don't really have that spark and just aren't the same...Adderall (amphetamine salts), Dexidrine (single amp salt), and Dysoxyn (pharm grade meth-amp) might be what you're looking for but they are all amps so you might like it or might not...They are pretty euphoric but still different from coke...

And there is pharm. grade coke but good luck finding that...(unless you work in a hospital or something)

coke is coke for a reason, can't duplicate that feeling but you can mimic it with amphs in pill form. Coke must be more cost effective for the govt to keep illegal rather than lowering the status of it scheduling right under marijuana as the worst drug lol

The chemical structure of Cocaine is very close to that of Methylphenidate (Ritalin), more so than most pharmacutical drugs. Ritalin works in a similar way as cocaine, more so than any pharmacutical, causing an overflow of dopamine, which causes euphoria when in effect, and a shortage of dopamine when the drug is ceased, which leads to dysphoria and addictive behavior.

cocaine_2d.gif

methylphenidate_2d.gif

Last edited:
bupropion_2d.gif

Technically its similar in action (its a DNRI like coke and mph are), but not so much in effect. What I mean by that is its far from recreational. Its disgusting enough to take at prescription doses; I couldn't imagine trying to get high on this trash.

It feels like cocaine when IV'd and insufflated (insufflated in higher doses, that is. I'd say that 60mg is comparable to a couple lines of good cocaine), ie increased concentration and euphoria. Cocaine is more intense and has a quicker duration, in lower doses.

IV methylphenidate is extremely bad for your cardiovascular system. Possible heart attack.

Insufflated methylphenidate is a bad rush to your Central Nervous System, and leads to deterioration of the sinuses.

200px-Atropine.svg.png

Atropine

220px-Cocaine-2D-skeletal.svg.png

Cocaine

much more similar chemically than cocaine/ritalin.

Thanks

Methylphenidate is the only pharmaceutical drug anything like cocaine. It is not nearly as effective at increasing dopamine levels in the crucial parts of the brain responsible for euphoria, but it works in the "same way" as a dopamine reuptake inhibitor.

Amphetamines work in a completely different manner, by causing dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine release while also reversing the dopamine transporter in some individuals. Amphetamine and meth are also euphoric dopaminergic stimulants but the 'high' is completely different. About as different as cocaine and MDMA.

There is also the drug MDPV which is an unscheduled research chemical that works in the same basic ways as cocaine and methylphenidate. MDPV lies somewhere between the two in terms of spectrum of effects.

Thank you for the quick replies.

Well basically, cocaine is always a gamble. the quality, the buying, the laws, the risk the list goes on.

However, seems like i have a knack for getting prescription drugs with docs, and i have some sort of ADD/bi-polar so i believe this can be more than just an outlet for abuse. Basically, im doing this on the basis of cost, because i have a pretty nice health insurance, might as well use it.

Keep that shit to yourself, because as a fellow ADD suffer the last thing I like to hear is someone saying they'll go doctor shopping to get ADD meds to fill the gap. People like you, make it difficult for all us ADD sufferers to get our meds. So coke is expensive, so your next best option is to screw ADD sufferers over by pretending to have ADD? I dont want to hear that. And many others agree, so keep that shit to yourself mate.
You wont find another cocaine-like drug unless you're a chemical engineer.
Do some research..,. Wikipedia has loads of analogs (all scheduled under Analog Act no doubt), and Advanced Drug Discussion can help too.
But if youre lloking for meds to get via doc shopping youre treading a thin line and I'll close it if needs be.
Sorry to sound a but harsh but the more I go back to get my scripts filled, the more I notice the difficulties you potential doc shoppers have caused me in everyday life. Use coke. Can't afford it, then ration it. Or dont use. But going to get an RX for Ritalin or whatever really annoys me.
Keep your post centred to cocaine analogs and the post will stay productive and it wont be locked.
Just consider the real people who really need the meds... not to get high, but to get by...

Its really too bad about people doc shopping for meds and then abusing them ect. I never used to care much about it until I ran into some serious problems of my own--and found it very hard to get anything perscribed--not in any attempt to get high but to find relief.

Hey everyone,

So i was wondering,

Thanks
Cocaine, as we all know, is a stimulant. There are many stimulants and amphetamines used in medicine, but IMO cocaine is an atypical stimulant and most other stims/amphets fall short.
I suppose the compounds most similar in structure to cocaine would be the other tropane alkaloids found in the coca plant. Of course these are inactive though.

Keep that shit to yourself, because as a fellow ADD suffer the last thing I like to hear is someone saying they'll go doctor shopping to get ADD meds to fill the gap. People like you, make it difficult for all us ADD sufferers to get our meds. So coke is expensive, so your next best option is to screw ADD sufferers over by pretending to have ADD? I dont want to hear that. And many others agree, so keep that shit to yourself mate.

That's not doctor shopping. Doctor shopping is going to multiple doctors and failing to mention that you're already being prescribed drugs from the first doctor(s) to get more prescriptions. When people are basically forced to go through doctors to access drugs like methylphenidate and amphetamine, it's within our rights as patients and customers to take our business elsewhere if the provider doesn't give us what we demand.