• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

hydrocodone snorting and withdrawal questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pookieslim

Greenlighter
i have hydrocodone, and everytime i have taken it ive never seem to get a good high or effect. the last pills i had i think were 2.5/500 and didnt do too much. I now have 5/325 tablets (wich i still have no idea how strong they are from those random numbers) and i was wondering on either how man i should take to get high and not o.d or anything.

i also have a slight obsession with snorting pills. i was wondering if its harmful to snort 1 or 2 of these pills. (i do clean out my nose after words)

i was also wondering how i would feel if i were to be "high" on these pills instead of taking to many to find out in the end i took to many...wich i think i did last time.

sorry for all the questions, im new to this drug and dont know to much about pills in generall.
your comments are very appreciated thank you! =D

i think you would be disappointed if you snorted them. there is 325mg of tylenol, some amount of fillers and binders, and then only 5mg of the good stuff, hydrocodone, in each one of those pills. some of that pill is made to pass through you. if it ends up in your lungs, that is gonna be tricky. plus, hydrocodone feels great taken orally.

BDD's beginner dose guide

Last edited:
For starters, those random numbers are the amount in milligrams of the substances contained in your pills. :)

The smaller number for example the 5 in 5/325 would be the amount of hydrocodone contained in the pill.

The larger number or the 325 in the 5/325 is the amount of acetaminophen (or paracetamol if you prefer) in the pill.

In case you don't know this acetaminophen (or paracetamol if you prefer) is known to most people as Tylenol.

Please do not snort these pills.
Considering that there is a much larger portion of acetaminophen to hydrocodone ratio, your basically just clogging your nose and absorbing less of the hydrocodone that you want.

Your best bet would be to just use these pills orally as intended. Seeing as you haven't specified your tolerance, it's a little harder to judge how much is a safe amount.

Based off your comments I'm assuming that you are new to opiates in general, in which case even 10-20 mg's of hydrocodone should be enough to give you buzz.

Another great source of information is the thread linked to by hydroazuanacaine.

Start small and work your way up, remember you can always take more, but you can't un-take something once it's in your system :)

Also of note do not consume more than 4 grams of acetaminophen in a 24 hour period, as it can lead to organ damage.
Avoid alcohol as well, as alcohol will increase the chance of liver damage when mixed with acetaminophen.

If your tolerance is in fact higher, and you need to consume considerably larger amounts to catch a buzz, you will want to perform an extraction on your pills to remove the acetaminophen.

For more information on that process please read this thread New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Last edited:
First, I'd say if you don't know what those 'random numbers' mean, you shouldn't be taking the pill in the first place. Always make sure you're certain what you have before you take it. Not doing so is a very bad idea. Second, I would not snort those pills. The amount of APAP is enormous IN comparison to the amount of hydrocodone. Snorting is not going to do much of anything in this case; more harm than good. My suggestion to you would be to do a lot of research on pills, inform yourself, etc, in order to make smart decisions.

i like snorting. its probably less healthy and some people say its not as effective. its personal preference in the end. i'm experienced and i like doing lines more than popping em. snorting 1 or 2 wont give you an overdose. how much do you weigh and whats your tolerance?

well im not to experienced in opiates no, but i was doing dope for a couple days and stopped.

but any ways, i think id like to try the water extracting thing but i dont wanna wait and ive been rly dissapointed with all this low dosage pills.

i weigh around 180(enywhere from 10 pounds less or over) and yea my tolerance is well..^^^that and last week i had 8 tablets of hydrocodone 2.5/500.

i just cant seem to ever get a good high off these. i havnt noticed anything real big, things just more like placible(spl?) =[[

Withdrawals?

What is the approximate length of time you have to take opiates to experience withdrawals? I realize it varies depending on dosage.......any experience with this? Let's say someone takes 80mg of hydrocodone a day (2 40's compounded without te Tylenol), how many day of this before a person would get withdrawals when stopping?

What is the approximate length of time you have to take opiates to experience withdrawals? I realize it varies depending on dosage.......any experience with this? Let's say someone takes 80mg of hydrocodone a day (2 40's compounded without te Tylenol), how many day of this before a person would get withdrawals when stopping?

Just depends on the person. At one point in the infancy of my habit I would eat maybe 40-50 10mg hydros over a couple of weeks and didn't really get any WD other than slight lethargy for a couple of days. Nothing like full blown, can't sleep, ants in your chest, bubble gut, cold sweat wd's.

My best guess with 80mg/day would be a couple of weeks. 10-14 days then after that if you had nothing I would expect some symptoms, restlessness and bubble guts.

I was feeling withdrawals when I quit 70mg a day use that had been going on for about three weeks back in the day. The w/ds weren't too strong, but nonetheless extremely unpleasant. On the first night without hydro, I went to a group meeting for a class I had, and I was dizzy, tired, aching, nauseous, and ended up getting pissed at all of my group members over nothing.
Bleh, so now I try to not use daily to prevent a build up in my system.

I would agree with Zarathustra1313. A couple of weeks (2-3 I'd say) at 80mg and you'll be shitting every 5 minutes for the next week.

Also, what hasn't been said here I don't believe is that hydrocodone has a very high bioavailability which means snorting it won't change much at all. The solubility of hydrocodone also has a lot to do with the effects you'll feel from snorting, and hydro isn't all that soluble

well im not to experienced in opiates no, but i was doing dope for a couple days and stopped.

but any ways, i think id like to try the water extracting thing but i dont wanna wait and ive been rly dissapointed with all this low dosage pills.

i weigh around 180(enywhere from 10 pounds less or over) and yea my tolerance is well..^^^that and last week i had 8 tablets of hydrocodone 2.5/500.

i just cant seem to ever get a good high off these. i havnt noticed anything real big, things just more like placible(spl?) =[[

Most likely you didn't get high because your taking pills with only 2.5mg of hydrocodone. That is not a lot at all. You said you took 8 tablets (20mg). Did you take those all at once or spread out. If you took them spread out then you wouldn't have been able to get all of the effects. You must take the entire dose at once to get the full experience because the first dose will always be the best.

If 20mg doesn't get you high, and you've tried taking the entire dose at once with no avail, then I recommend you try 30mg. That is 6 5mg tablets. That is not a high dose. Some people have natural tolerances to opioids. It isn't uncommon.

I have never seen a hydro with less than 5mg per pill personally.

Also, snorting hydro or anything w apap in it is idiotic not only will you get LESS high
But you wil also have to deal
With the drywall plaster effect in your nose/sinuses/ throat. Not worth it. Did I mention you actually get LESS high? That should be enough to stop
Anyone from doing it in the first place.

^This is a great point, snorting lots of Tylenol and a small amount of hydrocodone means that you're just going to clog up your nose without much to show for it.

It's possible the OP is from a place where 2.5mg/500mg pills exist, or they're getting from a compounding pharmacy.

K'd-OUT is right, some people have a natural opiate tolerance, and some people have a natural sensitivity to opiates.

Also, be mindful of total APAP content consumed and any alcohol you may be consuming with the hydrocodone/APAP pills.

However, it looks like the original post is from 2009. I was answering the questions to that post.

Now, to the topic at hand:

The other posters pretty much nailed it on the head. That's a pretty respectable hydrocodone dosage.

However, because this thread is now off-topic, I'm going to close it. Both questions have been answered at this time, it looks like.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.