• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

MMA - 3-MeO-4-Me-Amphetamine

Yes.

I am currently on my third trial with MMA (3-Methoxy-4-Methyl-Amphetamine), and it is in every bit the 4x as potent MDxx analogue i was hoping for.
It is not at all dysphoric, like PIHKAL suggests, but very empathic, stimulating, good humored and beautifull 2C-x like visuals at 50 mg.

Although it is a little more long-lived, say up to 12-16 hours depending on dosage, it is manegable.
Actually you get a nice afterglow, instead of a comedown!

This compound is a real treasure if you ask me!

Dex

Very interesting! Can you write anything more? A trip report, description, anything really. You're the only person I've heard that has actually taken this substance. Thanks in advance!

Well, i must admit, that on the last trial i did have a good deal of amphetamine earlier on the evening - but even without any dopaminergic substances, it is still stimulating.
But the visual part which reminded me alot of MDA - i guess solely must be the 5-HT activity?

MMA is more trippy than euphoric for me, but i did also loose the MDMA-magic many years ago.
(I've been a true pill-abusing raverkid before hand, and today i usually does 200-250 mg. MDMA at once)
However, i agree along with a handfull of friends that have tasted it aswell, that it is more a kinda of "anti-depressive" effect, rather than the overwhelming euphoric happiness that MDMA has.
This also makes it a bit difficult to measure the duration, since there is no dirty comedown like MDMA, but rather a nice afterglow - also the following day.
But all in all, this is very positive for me!

I will do a 50 mg. oral trial without any other substances next time, and do a proper trip-report to Erowid.

But compared to IAP. MMA is very much closer to the MDxx's.
I am about to aquire a sample of MDMAI, since i'm a sucker for MDMA-like substances.
Too bad i can't find a source or a custom manufactor that can make MMAI.

Now, what i really would want to taste as well, is 5-Methyl-MDA, DMMDA and DMMDA-2. :)

-Dex

P.S. MMA gives a bright pink reaction with a Marquis reagent.

Why can't MMA become a research chemical is what I wonder.

Actually there is a single RC-supplier of this compound.

Last edited:
Hmm, sounds exactly like AMT... The duration, lack of comedown, stimulation, trippy visuals, dose, no major push but antidepressive effects. Does anyone know what color AMT turns with Marquis? If this turns out not to be AMT it sounds like an awesome substance.

Awesome, thanks for the reply nuke. Well, this kind of sounds like a phenethylamine AMT from the limited reports. Sounds great to me! Keep the reports coming, I love hearing about new substances.

Hmm, sounds exactly like AMT... The duration, lack of comedown, stimulation, trippy visuals, dose, no major push but antidepressive effects. Does anyone know what color AMT turns with Marquis? If this turns out not to be AMT it sounds like an awesome substance.

Dude, i've had this custom synthesized for me here in the EU.
I personally bought the 3-methoxy-4-methylbenzaldehyde for the chemist, so there's no reason to doubt which substance this is. Trust me on this one! =D
I won't go into further details, hence to the no chemistry discussion policy.

aMT has a long comeup (at least for me), and an even longer duration - and MUCH more visual/psychedelic.

Regards
Dex

P.S. aMT smells/tastes like horseshit - worst tryptamine smell ever! :p

Don't worry, I trust you! We've just had a couple of threads like this before where eventually the substance was tested and it was a common RC (for instance HOT-7 was actually just 2C-T-7, and there was pages of reports on it, haha). The Marquis test you had ruled it out right there. I was just pointing out the similarities, which sound like a good thing to me, because I love AMT.

Sounds really nice. You should write out a whole trip report and compare it to other substances you've done so we can get a full feel for it. Sounds like the most interesting 3,4 subbed phen I've heard of for a while. Do you think the n-methyl substituted version would be nice as well?

P.S. aMT smells/tastes like horseshit - worst tryptamine smell ever! :p

The smell bothers me none, but I'm pretty hard to phase in that regard for some reason. Human growth medium, short and long chain carboxylic acids, and many mercaptans don't bother me all that much... Selenium compounds though, yech!!

Dextrose,

You should bring him a bottle of 3,4-dichlorobenzaldehyde and see what he comes up with next. That would be great. Good work though already obviously!

Marquis turns brown with AMT.

How appropriate that the Marquis colour for the chemical that smells of shit * is a shitty brown colour! =D

* - the smell is actually due to an impurity present in minescule amounts, namely skatole (3-methylindole), which is actually partially responsible for the smell of shit (skatole seems an apt name =D)

Dextrose,

You should bring him a bottle of 3,4-dichlorobenzaldehyde and see what he comes up with next. That would be great. Good work though already obviously!

Actually, back in the Hive days, i remember that Rhodium mentioned that 3,4-difluoroamphetamine should have great potential as well.
(The benzaldehyde is also expensive though)

Why the chlorines? I know that 4-chloro and bromo amphetamine are very neurotoxic, wouldn't this apply if they are 3,4-substituted as well?

I'll get my hands on some MDAI and MDMAI soon, then i'll post a report to Erowid, comparing them with MMA, MD(MA) and IAP.

Have a nice day! :)

Chlorine's molecular weight best approximates that of oxygen.

What about 3,4-dimethylbenzaldehyde? What do you think of that suggestion?

Well, 4-methylamphetamine should be neurotoxic as well, just like the awfull RC that was marketed as "Mephedrone" aka pMMC (4-methylmethcathinone).

I'm probably not the right one to ask about this question, since MMA is very similar, but not neurotoxic.
It sounds appealing to me though, but il'd rather like to taste 3,4-difluoroamphetamine, and the furan-amphetamines.

Regarding MMMA (3-methoxy-4-methylmethamphetamine), i don't recall that Nichols' publication mentions it at all, but i would like to know more about the activity.

I do wonder what if one substituted the oxygens with sulfur on MD(M)A... I guess that would be called 3,4-methylenedithio(meth)amphetamine(?) - Would that just be some potential dangerous shit?

Any pharmacologist here that could shed some light on these suggestions?

Last edited:
p-Chloroamphetamine is a neurotoxic standard, and the thread on p-Methylamphetamine seems to indicate it is also a strong neurotoxin... My thoughts for the 3,4-Dichloro or 3,4-Dimethyl are "don't do it".

I do wonder what if one substituted the oxygens with sulfur on MD(M)A... I guess that would be called 3,4-methylenedithio(meth)amphetamine(?) - Would that just be some potential dangerous shit?

My guess is, probably. It may be a Catechol-O-methyl transferase inhibitor, among other things.

3,4-dimethyl would be xylopropamine

3,4-Dimethylamphetamine (Xylopropamine) is a stimulant drug derived from amphetamine which was invented in the 1950s.

Xylopropamine was developed as an appetite suppressant in the 1950s and briefly sold as the sulfate salt, but it was not widely marketed. Other related amphetamine derivatives such as 2,4-dimethylamphetamine were also investigated for the same purpose, however these drugs had negative side effects such as high blood pressure and were not very successful, mainly due to the introduction of alternative drugs such as phentermine which had similar efficacy but less side effects.

Xylopropamine was also reported as having analgesic[1] and anti-inflammatory[2] effects but its side effects profile meant that it was never further developed for these applications.

Eh? Oxygen RAM = 16, chlorine = 35.5

3,4-Dimethylamphetamine (Xylopropamine) is a stimulant drug derived from amphetamine which was invented in the 1950s.

Xylopropamine was developed as an appetite suppressant in the 1950s and briefly sold as the sulfate salt, but it was not widely marketed. Other related amphetamine derivatives such as 2,4-dimethylamphetamine were also investigated for the same purpose, however these drugs had negative side effects such as high blood pressure and were not very successful, mainly due to the introduction of alternative drugs such as phentermine which had similar efficacy but less side effects.

All the dodgy ones have a 4-methyl (3,4-diMe or 2,4-diMe) group withoiut any merthoxy groups on the ring. I don't know how people can't see the connection with 4-MMC/mephedrone and it's dodgy cardiovascular side effects

Oh I think I was confusing the comparison of oxygen's molecular weight
(15.994 g/mol) with chlorine's atomic number (17).

Then again maybe that's wrong too.

Idk all the studies have named the 3,4-dichloro amphetamine cathinone propiophenone or what not to be the most potent dopaminergic compound of its class, right?

I guess this situation is why animal tests are used before human ones.

At least we would no longer have to worry about the 3,4-dihydroxy species and its nasty glutathionyl pro-oxidant metabolite. Cardiac toxicity is another story: without any sort of 5-HT2B receptor binding data, it is tough to make a decent estimate of any prospective danger. I feel confident in saying that it is probaby not good for the heart...but neither is MDA (it has the same type of risk as fenfluramine, which is why it shouldn't be used frequently, even compared to MDMA).