• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DMT released upon death?

Have you guys ever heard that all the DMT in your body is ALL released when your about to die?

I've heard this is TRUE and that is how they can scientifically 'prove' the "near death 'EXPERIENCE' "

Well I was just wondering if anyone has any links to information about this.

Hmm, I don't agree at all. You must remember "death" isn't always as simple as just dying- what about people who are vaporised by a nuclear bomb? Time constraints there I think....

Personally, I find it hard to believe that DMT has anything to do with NDE's or any such phenomena- when smoking DMT, it certainly feels more like 'living' then dying. That said, low levels of serotonin have been vaguely linked to 'entity contact' experiences, so who knows?

I wouldn't be surprised if I had a fractal-tunnel dream sooner or later though, considering the amount of psychedelic art I make or go through in my spare time. that would be pretty awesome.

Ive had a fractal tunnel dream very close to a DMT trip.. i was also changing (physically) into another creature.. it was veyr painful till the transition was completed.

Im not saying this is true, it is just a theory. But I am talking about someone that dies, for lack of a better term, slowly.. Of course if you are vaporized by a bomb, the theory wouldn't hold much weight but we got to remember guys, we still don't totally understand the brain. In fact in the grand scheme of things we probably understand less then 1% of how it actually works..ya know... I just started to think about this after all these stories I hear about the DMT experience and how its so intense. . . Who here has actually experienced DMT? and what differences are there in the experience b/w smoked DMT and oral DMT?

The near death experience isn't that much like DMT at any dose (I've vividly experienced both), but is more dissociative in nature (ie ketamine like) with a shit load of beta-endorphin thrown in for good measure.

May I ask what caused your natural near death experience, and was it profound like ketamine can be?

I just started to think about this after all these stories I hear about the DMT experience and how its so intense. . . Who here has actually experienced DMT? and what differences are there in the experience b/w smoked DMT and oral DMT?

Well, I've smoked it more times then I probably should have, but never taken it orally. That said, if DMT was relelased into the brain at any point in our lives, presumably it would be rapidly metabolised by MAO so.....Obviously oral last longer, and it depends what MAOi is used. I've smokied the famous changa blend- DMT on b. caapi, which extends the experience quite a bit and does make the effects more phyical and "intense", but its still smoked and metabolised rapidly.

It is an appealing theory, but has no science behind it. That said, DMT could be synthesised in quite a few parts of our body besides the brain, so who knows?

Personally, I think Rick Strassman was way of the mark with his theories....

The first time I heard of DMT, I was told it was the chemical/feeling you experience most when you're born, when you dream and when you die.

My experience was kinda lame in comparison to everyone's. I'd love to try a higher dose.

Yeah, I have yet to break through on DMT either despite many tries. Maybe I'll try again tonight.

Wow, how weird... I clicked this thread and went in the other room before I looked, and started thinking about how I should smoke some DMT soon, and then came back and re-read my post from earlier. I'm pretty sure that means I definitely have to smoke some DMT in a bit. :)

Wow, how weird... I clicked this thread and went in the other room before I looked, and started thinking about how I should smoke some DMT soon, and then came back and re-read my post from earlier. I'm pretty sure that means I definitely have to smoke some DMT in a bit. :)

haha. Aye man I'd take that as a sign. I'm also gonna depart from lounge 1 at some point tonight.

Go for the bong Xorkoth, just mix it with a bit of herb, and make sure the cone-piece is kinda blocked- with said herbage.

Have fun :)

Yes, children release more day to day then adults but we all do when we enter REM and its said as well when we are born & when we die.

Hmm, I don't agree at all. You must remember "death" isn't always as simple as just dying- what about people who are vaporised by a nuclear bomb? Time constraints there I think....

Personally, I find it hard to believe that DMT has anything to do with NDE's or any such phenomena- when smoking DMT, it certainly feels more like 'living' then dying. That said, low levels of serotonin have been vaguely linked to 'entity contact' experiences, so who knows?

Totally agreed here. I believe that, if anything, it is inextricably linked to the generation and modulation of our conscious awareness during life. And, of course, it is only one out of a vast array of chemicals which have a special relationship to our consciousness.

really high doses of lsd break your ego in a sense every now and people will experience a pretty specific death experience. China cat's thumb print describes it well, some call it ++++ but either way theirs not much logic for the human body to have access to such states and evolution doesn't make mistakes. LSD once in a blue moon triggers this state but scientists theorize lsd acts different each time which doesn't explain much.

All this talk got me thinking about my jar of magic stuff :) too bad I'm at work and have to wait until I get home :)

Really, the debate is still out as to whether DMT is a product of tryptamine synthesis in the body without a function, or whether it has a genuine function in neurotransmission. Any conclusion at this point is an assumption, but I tend to think that DMT will be shown to have a function, quite possibly in some wierd, unpsychedelic way that people wouldn't expect.

Just in case we don't get an endogenous rush of DMT at death, I plan to make my exit while blasting away on my machine. :D