View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOMe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some 25I-NBOMe, but I'm running into problems with solubility in bacteriostatic water at 1mg/mL. Anyone with experience with this particular one have any advice?
25D presented no problem whatsoever at that concentration.
I'm hoping someone can help me avoid wasting material and give me a couple pointers.
Add a slight bit of Hcl or acetic acid to aid in dissolution?

I have some 25I-NBOMe, but I'm running into problems with solubility in bacteriostatic water at 1mg/mL. Anyone with experience with this particular one have any advice?
25D presented no problem whatsoever at that concentration.
I'm hoping someone can help me avoid wasting material and give me a couple pointers.
Add a slight bit of Hcl or acetic acid to aid in dissolution?

Adding a little heat may help.

Well, this was a learning experience I guess :)
It was supplied to me as the Hcl, btw.
Heat did not help. I reached the melting point and it still hadn't dissolved.
I added a touch of acetic acid, stirred, repeated and it did go into solution.
I'll probably do a trial with a solution of Hcl next.

This will be a brief write-up ;)
650 mcg of 25I-NBOMe was administered by IM injection in the deltoid.
Contrary to earlier reports about a long come-up even with IM, I was at a ++ in 2 minutes and achieved +++ in ~5 minutes. It continued to increase in intensity for ~20 minutes at which point it leveled off. Visuals were extremely detailed, but vision had a slight blurry quality to it. Each object in the room, despite not having a terribly different appearance, was surrounded by what I can only describe as a very textured aura, with a seeming vibrating/pulsating character to it.
CEVs were fantastic; I would find myself in a 3 dimensional space with spires rising, changing and coming together in the center. I also experienced some lovely visions of people (not people I knew) and some of erotic character.
Thought process was not as deep as 25D-NBOMe, but it may have been the situation that day, as I didn't exactly dedicate a lot of time to thinking about things as I normally do and wasn't in seclusion as I normally prefer for these experiences ;) . I was able to function pretty well with others and ended up venturing outside towards the end of the experience.
While walking outside I noticed a nice feeling, not of euphoria but just of genuine contentment and satisfaction with who I was and how I have been living my life. I felt very fortunate.
There wasn't really much for negative effects. A slight tremor or shakiness was encountered at a couple points, but it wasn't bothersome and passed quickly. No negative body-load or nausea at any point.
After a 2 hour plateau, effects began to gradually decrease, visuals were only faint at 4 hours and by 5 hours I felt comfortable enough to drive for some tobacco. There was a lingering humor for the rest of the day, things just seemed good-natured and funny to me.
It seems there must be a subtle stimulation because after the experience had subsided I set to work detailing my home, which is something I definitely would not do under normal circumstances, lol. But certainly not an overt stimulation.
I enjoyed this substance and I could see it being a regular on my calender, although next time I will raise the dosage to perhaps 750mcg.
Perhaps another experience with a higher dosage and an environment more conducive to reflection will allow this substance to show more of the depth that it hinted at.

Last edited:
So, what is the best liquid measurement for this? Bacteriostatic water plus a small amount of acid to help dissolve? I typically use propylene glycol for most liquid measurements because of the ease and stability but it does not seem practical for this considering it must be insuffulated. Thanks for any help.

Depending on your intended ROA, you could most likely also dissolve it in alcohol. You may or may not need acid to dissolve it, but I did need some to get it in solution.

^Nasal is what I was thinking? Is there a better route? I thought oral did not work. I'm not going to IV/ IM for the record...

(Does sublingual/ buccal work well? I'm pretty good at getting propylene glycol mixtures to absorb through the mouth...)

Last edited:
Couldn't tell you :(
IM is the only ROA I've tried so far.
Depending on what form you get it in, it may dissolve in just plain water. However, mine was supplied as HCl and it did not dissolve in water. It's possible though it was not actually HCl.
Alcohol may be unpleasant in the nose, but it would probably work.
Sublingual has been the most popular method (pretty scant reports, however), but I view it as most likely less efficient. Worst case you might just have to titrate your dose to find an effective level with sublingual.

ADD: From what I understand the NBOMes are not active orally.

If it didn't dissolve in water (did you try heating it at all?) then it was probably freebase. 25i should dissolve in water easily.

I had tried heating it slowly while agitating the solution. It reached the melting point before it dissolved.
I'd be more inclined to believe it was the freebase if I saw any 25I being offered anywhere that wasn't HCl.
Perhaps I'll do a recrystallization of all of my material with a slightly acidic solution just to make sure it is in my preferred form.

Right, I'm actually receiving some 25i soon as well and it was sold as HCl... I haven't seen any freebase offered but it is strange that the salt didn't dissolve easily in water.

The melting point of the HCl salt is way above the boiling point of water. That it melted in warm/hot water suggests it's probably the freebase. Or possibly a different salt with a lower melting point and water solubility than the hydrochloride.

Nice write up btw.

What exactly is the melting point? I haven't been able to find much data on the actual physical properties

It's a bit under 170oC for the HCl salt, freebase I've no idea.

Edit: It's reported in Heim's thesis as 166oC.

Last edited:
^Nasal is what I was thinking? Is there a better route? I thought oral did not work. I'm not going to IV/ IM for the record...

(Does sublingual/ buccal work well? I'm pretty good at getting propylene glycol mixtures to absorb through the mouth...)

Unfortunatelly buccal and sublingual are inactive :( I took doses to 3 mg and I didnt felt any interesting effects , today I am going try 1 mg intranasally so we will see :)

Somebody can tell me how u prepare 25I to consumption ?
First time when I receive 25I I made blotters with this but unfortunatelly proved that it isnt active for buccal and sublingual ROA ( probably its caused very high hydrophobicity , its not likely to exceed BBB . I felt only light effects . 2 weeks later I decided made dissolve water in 1mg-1ml concetrantions but this time appeard new trouble . 25I - NBOMe is very poorly soluble! I tried heat solution but vain . I wanted to do with the nasal drops so next time I decided prepare solution 50% water and 50 % ethanol and what? Failure again ! The big disadvantage of this solution is pain during administration drops . I thought that I will make 100 % solution from ethanol in concentration of 1 mg - 2ml and I will spill him on any powder , creatine or something but I dont like this ROA because is very high probability that substance will find outside creatine ( These are very tiny crystals so its very possible ) So how do it ? How u prepare solution to IM or IV of ROA?
Maybe should I use other solvent?

@psykap
i have no experience with 25I-NBOMe.

but maybe you can make a 100% alc. solution, measure out, then put it in more solution like 2ml water, and plug it?

i dont know about how it dissolves in 100% alc.

Yes u are right but in this case problem will be a large amount of water . I wanted to use the least amount of solvent but if it is necessary I have no other choice

Status
Not open for further replies.