• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin First time using (snorting) how big a line?

You guys need to be really careful telling someone how much of a "bag" they should do.

In the first place, what the fuck is a "bag".....what amount of heroin is in it?.....Im pretty fuckin sure that varies greatly from place to place (or even "bag" to "bag"). Where im from, a "bag" could be anythign from a 20 sack of medium grade brown, all the way up to an ounce of tar.So when trying to help someone identify a correct dose, use more accurate measurements...like...mg's or something. And even then theres no way to know the purity....

Therefore when someone asks a question like.."how much heroin should i snort for my first time?"....the answer should ALWAYS be ..."just a tiny amount, bit by bit, until you feel the way you want to"......dont tell them some bullshit like.."half of a bag should do it"...because they might be holding a 4 gram "bag" of some high grade dope, which would mean, you probably just gave them advice in overdosing.

Sry to sound like a prick, its just when peoples lives are at risk....people should understand the responsibility they are undertaking when choosing to give someone advice on how much dope to do. And using words like "bag" to represent an amount of heroin, is much more likely to get someone killed.

^^ lol man. So True. That post was fucking hilarious. I'm sorry I know this is harm reduction but you are right man - what the fuck is a bag? what amount of H is in a bag? lol. =D

^^ lol man. So True. That post was fucking hilarious. I'm sorry I know this is harm reduction but you are right man - what the fuck is a bag? what amount of H is in a bag? lol. =D

OH MY FUCKING LORD....THANK YOU!!

Finally someone with some fucking common sense.

In all my past heroin use a "stamp" bag contains anywhere as low as 0.05 of a gram to 0.2 of a gram. Depends on your connect, city, and price your paying. This is the most accurate description of a stamp bag.... there is no set amount, but from hundred of bags ive seen. They always fall in between 0.05 and 0.2

In all my past heroin use a "stamp" bag contains anywhere as low as 0.05 of a gram to 0.2 of a gram. Depends on your connect, city, and price your paying. This is the most accurate description of a stamp bag.... there is no set amount, but from hundred of bags ive seen. They always fall in between 0.05 and 0.2

That is an EXCELLENT example of what a "bag" probably contains where YOUR from. Good.

Unfortunately, as common sense will tell, everywhere is different in many ways.

Your bag sizes could be MUCH larger or MUCH smaller than the size of bags elsewhere.

Therefore, there is no way to tell how much dope is in someones bag over the internet. Unless you wanna be an idiot and assume that every place in the world has the same size bag as you.

And I guarantee that my bags are MUCH bigger than yours;)

That is an EXCELLENT example of what a "bag" probably contains where YOUR from. Good.

Unfortunately, as common sense will tell, everywhere is different in many ways.

Your bag sizes could be MUCH larger or MUCH smaller than the size of bags elsewhere.

Therefore, there is no way to tell how much dope is in someones bag over the internet. Unless you wanna be an idiot and assume that every place in the world has the same size bag as you.

And I guarantee that my bags are MUCH bigger than yours;)

Well most places bag refers to a 10$ amount of heroin which is usually like the other guy said .05-.2 but most of the time its around the same strength just varying amounts of cut but of course sometimes you could get a bigger amount with the same potency so you always need to test a new batch. A bag of heroin is a single dose for the average occasional user(of course addicts usually do multiple bags), most dealers aren't gonna put enough in a bag to kill someone, they know that most people are gonna do 1 bag first to test it out. Yes if you take the literal definition of a bag then it could be any amount but in the heroin world a bag is a unit of measurement itself which = the standard amount in an individual unit a dealer sells in for 5-20$ , usually .1 could be a little more or less but it is usually around the same strength. If someone had 4 grams in a bag and was stupid enough to think he meant to do a quarter of whatever was in the bag then they must be retarded, cause everyone I know who does h knows what a bag really means in the h using world.

Last edited:
start with a very small line, since you don't know how pure the product is, maybe 1 inch (not wide), wait half an hour, see how you feel and redose if you want to...

ya the whole bag argument is fucken retarded. i said a stamp bag which is usually $10-15 of dope. if you do not have an understanding of $10-15 then you are just blantently outright retarded. we know what bag means because we usually get several.. bag(s)

Even snorting half or a quarter of those "bags" might mess him up seeing as his tolerance is nice and low too :\
It's dangerous advice that doesn't belong on such a forum.

1 inch long is way big IMO ...

see, this is the problem with offering any kind of dosage advice!

HOWEVER ...

"bags" as in stamp bags, however, are not going to be filled up with so much dope as to be genuinely dangerous ... dealers aren't interested in killing of their customer base! now there may be unusual exceptions to this, improperly mixed fent, etc. but generally speaking, within the realm of possibility, a small portion of a stamp bag is not going to be a danger without other drugs on board or exceptional circumstances

mess him up as in puking? sure, it very well might, but that's a long ways off from being in any real danger. who didn't puke their first time doing dope? I know I did.

1 inch long is way big IMO ...

see, this is the problem with offering any kind of dosage advice!

HOWEVER ...

"bags" as in stamp bags, however, are not going to be filled up with so much dope as to be genuinely dangerous ... dealers aren't interested in killing of their customer base! now there may be unusual exceptions to this, improperly mixed fent, etc. but generally speaking, within the realm of possibility, a small portion of a stamp bag is not going to be a danger without other drugs on board or exceptional circumstances

mess him up as in puking? sure, it very well might, but that's a long ways off from being in any real danger. who didn't puke their first time doing dope? I know I did.

For real. It's not no serious that if even the bag was 200mg(I wish i got stamps that big), then 50mg of the best dope in the fucking world still wouldn't really put anyone in danger. Now if he got a 10gram bag, and he sniffed a quarter of that, then yea someone might die.

So stop with the "Oh no we don't know about the size of the bag shit" If it's a $10 stamp bag, sniff a quarter of it as I said before and don't worry about it. Wait 30 minutes as someone else said, and then sniff more as needed. If you don't really feel it at all, do another 1/4 of the bag.

Or spend $35 on a MG scale so you can know exactly how big a bump you are doing. But I'd just spend that on a few more bags myself.

"So stop with the "Oh no we don't know about the size of the bag shit" If it's a $10 stamp bag, sniff a quarter of it as I said before and don't worry about it."

I dont see anywhere on the original post where the kid said that he had bought a $10 stamp bag. So why dont you guys quit acting like there is a universal amount of heroin that goes in a bag(even if it has a stamp on it). Its dangerous to judge someones dose based on this assumption. Period.

When I want to buy heroin, for example, I call my dealer and say I want 20 dollars worth of brown, or 40 dollars, or a 120 dollars, whatever I want....and then I go and meet up with him and he will have a "BAG" for me with that amount of heroin in it...

So if I was the original poster and had just bought a $120 bag of heroin, and then I log onto bluelight to get advice on how much to do for my first time, and you people tell me a half of a bag, or just one bag, or something like that....I would probably OD. Do you understand now?

Its EXTREMELY FUCKING SIMPLE......you have no way of knowing of how much dope someone has over the internet.

Just because you people "always" have bought "stamp bags" and they "always" had about the same amount of heroin in them doesnt mean shit. Or atleast it doesnt mean shit for this guy asking how much heroin to do.

I do agree that its pretty much common sense what would be an oviously big amount of heroin to try for the first time.....but apparently there are alot of idiots out there(more than we'd like to admit) who have no common sense....so it would be much safer if we didnt make assumptions about how much heroin he has in his bag. Things like this SHOULD be easy to figure out, but once again, there are too many idiots to assume that your not giving advice to one of them.

you got some good info here.

just do a small line and keep increasing it until you get where you wanna go.

have fun and be careful. you can always do more, but never take it back.

Start with a very small pile of powder and work your way up to a good dose. It's good to get a good idea from someone else who is familiar with the drug, but if you can't do that, than just break up the bag into really small equal piles and try a small percentage of it. I'd snort so you know quickest how much you need. Just snort a little, wait until you feel it, and snort more if you don't satisfied once you do feel it. Go slowly and reasonably; these are the keys to safety.