• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Black MDMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you dissolve mdma then evap the solution it comes out grey. Perhaps someone did so with this stuff, dissolved in a solution smuggled it then evaporated by heating up resulting in black crystals

If the MDA was prepared via an iron reduction of the nitropropene, I can imagine some iron dust ending up in the final product.

Thing is, that would make MDA, but it couldn't possibly make MDMA. If the pills were verified as MDMA and not MDA, the above hypothesis is totally wrong.

I've seen some MDMA that appeared dark grey almost black from a distance, but on closer inspection it looked to have little silvery metallic flecks in it. I always assumed it was pieces of aluminum amalgam left over from the reduction. The pictures I've seen of the resulting mixture from such a reduction appear dark grey.

I've seen some MDMA that appeared dark grey almost black from a distance, but on closer inspection it looked to have little silvery metallic flecks in it. I always assumed it was pieces of aluminum amalgam left over from the reduction. The pictures I've seen of the resulting mixture from such a reduction appear dark grey.
Wouldn't that be toxic?

Wouldn't that be toxic?

Sadly. Yes.

Amalgam is commonly made with Mercury II comps which are there to remove the always present oxide layer from Al, which allows it to then reduce what ever it's going to.

Where the fuck's commitment to quality gone these days? I dunno if it was Hg or not but sounds fit for rat bait,.. shiver

This thread is almost four years old, was a bump really necessary?

Sadly. Yes.

Amalgam is commonly made with Mercury II comps which are there to remove the always present oxide layer from Al, which allows it to then reduce what ever it's going to.

Where the fuck's commitment to quality gone these days? I dunno if it was Hg or not but sounds fit for rat bait,.. shiver
Yeah I was thinking more about the mercury than the aluminum

^^ toxic yes but if the reaction was run to completion and the stoichiometry correct than you should have elemental mercury, which is MUCH less toxic than the salts, due to solubility. But this aint the cause of black MDMA, or at least I should hope not, because you would almost have to deliberately leave the reaction mess in there. But then again, peeps over in North American Drug Discussion keep going on about "Brown Sugar" MDMA making the rounds and judging by the pics it looked pretty fricking nasty. But they seem to think its the bees knees........it dismays me that producers cant even be bothered to recrystallize their products...

I HAVE recently aquired some grey/black mdma. very strong smelling but in a good way and I paid more than normal as it is supposedly good stuff. Also very likely that this stuff is straight from the maker although i couldn't say for sure. Yet to be tried but I AM going to a festival this weekend and is going to be getting on it there.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Sorry, but strong smelling is NEVER a good thing, nor is grey or black, christ. MDMA has virtually no smell, and is a white powder in its salt form. If it smells like safrole/isosafrole/MDP2P (various shades of root beer) it is dirty as hell, and means it wasn't washed and/or recrystallized, meaning the chemist was too lazy and/or didnt want to sacrifice that extra 20% or whatever on weight, so you could pay more for garbage. If they clean it, it weighs that much less. This is what happens when cartels rather than chemists are producing your supply, sorry. . .

(at least I bookended this with sorries, but the market and consumers ignorance is sorrier than that ;))

MDxx shouldn't have a smell in their pure HCl salt forms.

This is an ancient thread anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.