• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Huge lump after shooting up heroin

Status
Not open for further replies.

treeeY

Greenlighter
So last night I tried shooting up some powder I had left from a bag, after a few tries I couldn't get it, I only drew back a little bit of blood and big air bubble, so I just gave up. I put up the needle and saved it for today.

So today I pull out the needle, and notice that the little blood that was in there was stuck on the side in a perfect line, from the tip to the plunger. Like if it dried and stuck to the side. I didn't leave any big air bubbles from the night before, but a small one was in there so maybe that is why it dried up like that?

Anyways, I played with the plunger to get the blood off the side and mixed with the shot. I found a vain and shot up. Right after it started itching, way more than norml. I rubbed it for a little bit. A few minutes after there was a huge lump showing. After shooting I usually get this tiny/small lump that goes away within minutes. But this thing is huge and is not going away.

What is it and what happened here? What do I do?

Here are some pics. (My arm is stretched straight out, I say this cause its hard to tell by looking at the pics)

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...t/IMG00048.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...t/IMG00047.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...t/IMG00045.jpg

I'm glad you're still with us! IVing coagulated blood can lead to a stroke.

This will be merged in with the IV Complications Mega Thread.

I'm looking at your pictures now, hopefully I'll have some advice for you.

All the pictures are 404. :( Sorry.

What is it and what happened here? What do I do?

"What is it" - a subcutaneous injection (most likely).

Try a heat compress - take a wash cloth and soak it in hot water. Then, firmly compress it (not really really hard, moderate pressure) on the injection site. This should help with the inflammation, and the heat will help your body distribute what's left in your subcutaneous area.

i would seek qualified medical attention, that sounds pretty unpleasant

If you are shooting correctly you should not be left with any bump whatsoever. However if you shoot subcutaneously (skin pop) you will have a bump more times than not that bump will slowly diffuse however it can sometimes turn into an absess. When you shoot intraveineously any air in the needle should fill with a decent amount of blood not just a tiny trickle the blood should be mid to deep red not light red as it is when you get an artery. If you get blood in the needle dont leave it shoot it fairly quickly for it will start to clot with the tiniest bit of oxcygen I believe even the oxcygen found in the water you mix the dopewith is enough to start it clotting. it is important to stay calm go by feeling your veins and not just sight and if you feel a pulse know it is an artery. the puncture of a vein wont hurt and as you push in your shot you wont feel any(NO pain at all) pain or pressure if you are correctly in a vein

Theres a thread on here somewhere bout iv. Sounds kinda dangerous man. Why not just snort it?

also ifyou drew back blood with an air bubble while under the skin you werent in a vein the best is to get all air out of the syringe stick the syringe into your skin while the tip if fully emerged draw back on the plunger allowing air to get in, this is actually a vaccum, when you hit the vein this air pocket will completely fill with blood and that is how you will know you truly hit

You should never put aside shots for later , especially one's that have blood in them

Like CH said shooting coagulated blood can kill you , Just mix up your shots directly before you use them

Last edited:
Yeah, you'd be sensible in going to A&E, or the equivalent wherever you are. Though I don't know how you'd be so convinced you hit the vein and hadn't. Have you been using long?

if you shot and you got a bump more than likely you missed you shot. Be advised that of that shot contained dried blood there is a good chance it will turn into am abcess. If it hasn't gone down in a few days or develops a white head and:eek:r starts to puss I would go to the E.R

you prob have a blood infection. a female friend of mine died last year from using a needle contaminated with bacteria. it spread so fast that it stoped her heart in 4 days. she was dead.
she was 19 yo. using sterile works is an absolute must! dont save doses and dont boot old blood! i would go to the er and tell them what happened "the truth" so they can run some tests...... gl

you prob have a blood infection. a female friend of mine died last year from using a needle contaminated with bacteria. it spread so fast that it stoped her heart in 4 days. she was dead.
she was 19 yo. using sterile works is an absolute must! dont save doses and dont boot old blood! i would go to the er and tell them what happened "the truth" so they can run some tests...... gl

Sorry to hear about your friend NCUK! That's rather tragic.

This is why you want to use preservatives in water when preparing solutions that you aren't going to use right away. 0.9% Benzyl alcohol is a great preservative.

a few things to take away from this experience is

never leave your shot overnight once you've prepped it. if you are, at the least, make sure you filter it again as bacteria may have started growing in the shot.

blood starts to coagulated after just a couples of minutes outside the body so don't leave solutions around with blood in them with the intention of shooting it later. do not shoot a solution with clotted blood, filter it out again. as has been said it can be fatal by lodging itself in an unwanted place ie - an artery or blood vessel.

as NCUK said you may have a blood infection or you may have just missed your shot badly. hopefully it's just a missed shot and turns into a sterile abscess. i'd suggest you seek medical advice if not now, immediately if/when symptoms start to worsen.

Last edited by a moderator:
please go to the ER

i had one about a year and a half ago on my right bicept.

i let it go for over a week, i couldnt bend my arm by the time i went to the hopsital, it was turning black where it was supposed to come to a head

the longer u wait the more painful it will be when they take a scalpel to it and squeeze the shit out of it. i cried like a baby. i did a H shot before going in and they gave me a 30mg morphine IV and it didnt TOUCH the pain

I've got several large red bumps on my arms and wrist. What can I do to prevent them from turning into abscess's . And yes they are from misses. My veins are very weird and are hard for people to hit and since I haven't been able to hit myself for sometime now, I have no choice but to let people try. the bumps are really red and hard but no white tip has formed on any of them? what can I do to bring them down without having to go to ER where then I will know they know !! please help. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.