View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Smoking Pot on Acid

OGKooosh

Bluelighter
hey everybody, dropping acid again this week and just wanted to get some feedback on smoking weed while tripping. last time i did acid i took 3 foot bong rips just as i was peaking and i tripped out. the rest of my trip i was bitching about not having weed however haha. and i was actually able to fall asleep 8 hours after my trip started. i'm wondering if smoking weed dampened my trip. it seemed to trip me out more but only while i was stoned. this time i'll have a gram of dank to do with what i please. so should i cheef it towards the end to maintain my high, smoke during the peak for that truly tripped out feeling, or scrap the weed all together. discuss =D

smoke a bowl before you take it then save the rest of it for the end of the trip....itll be the TITS

before i even drop? then wont i just want to fall asleep before i even start tripping? haha

before i even drop? then wont i just want to fall asleep before i even start tripping? haha

a bowl will get you feeling kinda funky and mentaly prepare you for the shit show that is about to occur...the comedown can be very lonely and depressing, that is why i recomend smoking the majority of your herb during the comedown%)...but in the end it is just up to you;)

i suggest waiting till you are noticeably feeling the acid before smoking.some doses can be way stronger than others. weed can sometimes make he trip better, but could turn and make it hazy or induce paranoia. i personally feel the trip is much less clear minded when i smoke. a couple hits can feel really good but thats all i like on larger doses

^any particular reason why? pros and cons?

i thought it was cool but for all i know its cheating me out of a full trip

smoke a bowl before you take it then save the rest of it for the end of the trip....itll be the TITS

I strongly disagree.

Why the hell would you smoke before dropping? Why would you want to be stoned (and hence, foggy-headed) during the whole trip?

Smoking will make you trip more strongly, but will also confuse and muddle the trip.

I normally either:

Smoke nothing until i'm clearly coming down, for making the comedown more enjoyable, without clouding the peak - Acid on it's own gives me a real feeling of clarity, and if I add weed to the mix, that gets rid of that aspect.

Smoke nothing until I hit the peak, and then start smoking, which amplifies the intensity of the trip, particularly visually (particularly "useful" at low doses, where visuals would be very mild), at the cost of clarity. This can also increase the anxiety, and makes it much harder for me to communicate.

it may be a hard 50/50 split between people who enjoy and can handle Cannabinoids and who dislike or cannot handle them

I am on the Enjoy and almost rely on it side, If I don;t have any weed then I hold off my trip, especially if it's a solo trip, *smoke bombers until you entirely come up* when i'm out with friends and maybe have a goal it's more aloof but something about weed (i'm a daily user, maybe it has to do with reliance on pot and frequency of use) reassures me during a trip or a hard phase, especially if i'm not stoned already, lets me sink deeper into the trip, adds something very enriching to hallucinagens.

Smoking pot on psychs, espeically LSD is one of the greatest combo's IMO

I used to enjoy a cone on the come-up; it would smooth the ride as the rollercoaster heads for the peak. However, recently I've had a few bad experiences smoking on acid, wherein I've completely freaked out. As such, I no longer smoke until after the peak.

Cannabinoids are a must when on psychs or dissociatives, for me at least. They really potentiate the trip and help dispel any annoying bodyload or nausea.

Weed on acid I find greatly enhances the visuals but also brings more of a paranoia feel to the headspace of acid. It brings out the giggles too and crazyness.
I only ever really smoke after about the 4-6hour mark on acid, just to bring the peak up even further.

For me, it totally enhances the trip, even to the point of OBE.

I smoke right after I dose. This helps me forget that I'm waiting to come up and usually as the pot is wearing off the trip is beginning. Sometimes I will smoke again but only a small amount at the beginning of a trip to calm the anxiety and confusion during the come up. Then I probably wont smoke again till I am coming down and wanting to savor and enhance the end of the trip.

my ritual is usually to smoke right before taking the acid, and then lay off the pot until i think im peaking and smoke a couple bowls is fast as possible to really send the visuals to another level. after that i like to wait until the comedown and smoke myself to sleep. all though if theres a lot of weed on hand i usually end up smoking from the peak onward non-stop.

For me, smoking infects the entire trip with its own rather distinctive head space. I usually avoid smoking pot while tripping of any sort (including mdma) because I don't want to feel "stoned" - I want to feel the effects of the drug I'm taking!

However, pot affects me very strongly, and this probably doesn't hold true for most people.

You gain something and you lose something, simply put.

I certainly don't smoke pot every time I trip. It does make the trip a bit more chaotic. Not wildly so. But also adds some dimension to some of the aesthetic aspects of the trip (music comes to mind).

I do NOT recommend smoking pot on acid unless you have taken it a number of times before, and feel very comfortable with the entire experience. Pot & LSD has the ability to take a slightly negative headspace and spiral it out of control, much moreso than LSD alone. I've never experienced this firsthand, but heard many reports.

I like to smoke only a few hits of HIGH quality pot before tripping.

Halfway through the peak, 2 or 3 more hits is ok but no more than that... definitely clouds the trip, and although it intensifies the visuals... it also increases the chance of paranoia.. and negative thought loops. I always need the following when I do acid.

Cold ass water bottles (mouth gets really dry on acid sometimes)
Gram of heads. 1/5th of a gram pre trip, a 1/5th gram during the peak, and the remainder of the gram about 11 hours after I drop my dose.
2 mg xanax minimum.. never before because it will dull and EVEN KILL a trip at a high dose.. I usually like taking 6 mgs ox xanax 11 hours after I eat my dose and then I begin smoking a few minutes after. 90 minutes later my body is relaxed from the xanax and chills out the visuals, allowing the pot to mellow me out instead of bringing up the trip again. I love acid but after a good 10 hours im ready to return to earth.
Computer/tv/visualization if indoors. Glowsticks, bocchi ball set, if outdoors.