View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sketched Out by DMT experience

iksaxophone

Bluelighter
I had an opportunity a couple nights ago to try DMT in a (supposedly) ritual environment. However, shortly before taking my dose, I observed a woman who had just taken hers spasm and dry heave. Naturally I took my leave. Later on I heard a rumour that the ?shaman? was actually giving people 2-CI. I don?t know if that?s relevant or not, just another piece of information on a scene that left me feeling bewildered. Could such physical harm come from DMT?

iirc ayahausca often makes people throw up. I've never tried it myself so I can't say for sure though

Did she smoke the DMT or was it some variation of ayahuasca?

It is possible that she had a reaction to the DMT or some additive mixed in (I've heard about some pretty nasty stuff being used in those brews).

If you're uncertain about what this shaman is actually using, or you just don't feel right about it, probably best not to partake.

Last edited:
If it's oral DMT/ayahuasca, which it sounds like it is, then vomiting is entirely normal, even expected. I've never seen someone vomit on smoked DMT, but it could happen. Did you end up taking your dose? 2C-I lasts for like 8-10 hours, far longer than DMT does. It's also drastically different in effects. Though not a bad drug.

Yeah, any oral form of DMT makes me puke.
The sickest I have ever been on DMT was when I ate a quarter gram with a few grams of Harmala seeds.
So, yeah, puking is part of it, but with Ayahuasca the puking isn't from nausea, for me anyway, it just comes up and then it's over...not bad at all as far as puking goes.

I never took my dose, I was far too uncomfortable to be confident in a good journey. It was not ayahuasca or oral, it was smoked.

You made the right choice. There is a huge disconnect here. 2C-I is not smoked, though I guess you can. It is active orally, and 2C class drugs tend to be more toxic when taken in any other way. 2C-I though is one of the most benign and safe of all the 2C drugs.

DMT smoked should not really cause any nausea, as it is so fast acting, and intense you really dont have time to think about your tummy.
5MeODMT has been known to cause some stomach discomfort though I guess...

If any "Shaman" is giving people 2C-I and claiming it is DMT, or having people vaporize 2C-I without them knowing what they are doing and knowing a ton about 2C drugs and psychedelics in general, he is irresponsible and has no business being responsible for anyones life

Smoking DMT was actually against the shamans practices and treated as taboo from my friends experience.

To be fair, it WAS only a rumour that he wasn?t giving DMT. Definitely not the right vibes for it though, even though he presented an interesting image: in a navy ringmasters coat, green psychedelic top hat, dosing DMT in front of a giant wooden owl...that appealed to me. But I got the unshakeable feeling that something was amiss.

Believe it or not before my Aya journeys loading up on Odensetron (spell check?) Kept all nausea and stomach discomfort at bay. True believer here!

To be fair, it WAS only a rumour that he wasn?t giving DMT. Definitely not the right vibes for it though, even though he presented an interesting image: in a navy ringmasters coat, green psychedelic top hat, dosing DMT in front of a giant wooden owl...that appealed to me. But I got the unshakeable feeling that something was amiss.
The attire would be enough to sketch me out though, dont blane you

2c-i has a profile and a duration so absolutely different to DMT that has 0 sense. If I was a cheating chaman, 5-meo-dmt could partially do the trick, tho

He probably was just some kid extracting bark playing shaman... Maybe it was a changa mix with harmala alkaloids to make it more like ayahuasca.... Really no one can tell you as no one knows what he had especially based off the explanation of something who didn't know.

I've never seen reports of vaped DMT inducing vomiting. Bliss and beyond fear, but no vomiting. But I suppose it's possible.

From Erowid:
One girl tried a single toke for the first time, and was completely thrown out of the universe (from her description). She was begging for it to end; the duration was longer than usual: about 15 minutes of heavy peak, and at the end of it she vomited while gasping for air when beginning to return to some normality and bodliy control.

Some people do experience relatively extreme physical reactions to DMT, but is probably quite rare.

From Erowid:

Some people do experience relatively extreme physical reactions to DMT, but is probably quite rare.

I wonder how much of that was attributed to the elevated levels of fear and stress than a pharmacological symptom of DMT intoxication

Exactly my thoughts @beenhead. You ever get so nervous or anxious you get that stomach knot feeling? I've had that to the point of nausea before, wonder if this was the case?

Maybe! I?m hopeful it was, I would really hate it if it was the result of incompetence or ignorance...at least with bad luck it?s nobody?s fault and she?s probably ok now that it?s over.

I wonder how much of that was attributed to the elevated levels of fear and stress than a pharmacological symptom of DMT intoxication

Likely an effect of DMT

When I would shoot methamphetamine I would puke and dry heave for a long time.

Have puked from shooting 2c-E IM'd before.

I imagine smoking/shooting enough DMT would also render someone to puke.

when I did DMT on top of LSD, I was able to have a very intense experience without nausea. Just my 2c

Injecting phenethelylamine/amphetamines are much different from shooting a tryptamine... The worst reaction from my last intense shot 10 my 4-aco-dpt and 5 mg 4-aco-dmt they almost sent me into hyperspace was they I felt really cold and my muscles were twitching a bit. Was physically intense, but did not throw up. I did after eating harmine the first time after injecting the 4-aco-dpt, but there were other factors involved and after I threw up I felt better.