• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much methadone should I take?

Um, hi..
So I realize OP posted this 16 years ago but I stumbled upon this question when googling my own question and am quite shocked and surprised that no one who commented here felt the need to point out that OP reported taking diazepam (Valium) which every opiate/oid user is aware that taking benzodiazepines and methadone together or consuming each within a small time span of or one another is a super duper cereal seriously dangerous often times lethal combination.
The tramadol is a waste to take with methadone because tramadol is not a full antagonist and methadone is so the methadone will “block” any feeling from the tramadol.. i wouldn’t mess with tramadol it’s a strange drug that can cause serotonin storm if taken frequently in excess ..
hope OP didn’t die of an od from the benzo/methadone mix.. u still out there OP? How’d things turn out if so? Did you develop a liking for methadone after your initial experiment and continue on experimenting with it or ever become dependent on it?
I’m quite curious.. let us know ! Enlighten us! Hope alls well!
Hiiiiiiii&Biiiiiiiiii:)

Um, hi..
So I realize OP posted this 16 years ago but I stumbled upon this question when googling my own question and am quite shocked and surprised that no one who commented here felt the need to point out that OP reported taking diazepam (Valium) which every opiate/oid user is aware that taking benzodiazepines and methadone together or consuming each within a small time span of or one another is a super duper cereal seriously dangerous often times lethal combination.
The tramadol is a waste to take with methadone because tramadol is not a full antagonist and methadone is so the methadone will “block” any feeling from the tramadol.. i wouldn’t mess with tramadol it’s a strange drug that can cause serotonin storm if taken frequently in excess ..
hope OP didn’t die of an od from the benzo/methadone mix.. u still out there OP? How’d things turn out if so? Did you develop a liking for methadone after your initial experiment and continue on experimenting with it or ever become dependent on it?
I’m quite curious.. let us know ! Enlighten us! Hope alls well!
Hiiiiiiii&Biiiiiiiiii:)
I once took methadone and Valium together while I was in detox after overdosing on Fentanyl and the Valium synergy with the methadone is very intense and I was nodding out

A big takeaway would be that Methadone typically takes 3-4 hours to peak whereas Tramadol and most other oral Opioidz for that matter will hit within 30-60 minutes. This is important to know so you don't redose.

People definitely die simply from being unfamiliar with the drug's long(er) pharmacokinetics.

Nothing over 30mg Methadone whatsoever. I'm not saying 40mg is likely to kill you or anything. I say this because if you take too much and get nauseous you're going to be very nauseous for at least 24 hours. It might not sound that bad but it's not fun at all feeling 100% seasick all day and night.

I would do 15mg as you have a small tolerance. Wait 2-3 hours. Guage your decision on whether to redoae at this point with more perspective yet still knowing that the effects will likely increase in a linear fashion into the 4th or even 5th hour. The "high time" is generally about 8 hours followed by a very gradual fading of effects for the next 24 hours or so.

Let us know if you have questions.

If the half life of methadone is 24 hours does that mean redosing every day is causing an accumulation up to a certain point. If so which day are at peak saturation so to speak?