• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Confused About MS Contin (Morphine Sulfate Extended Release)

oldcarl

Greenlighter
I have 2 60mg MS Contin generics. I have read pretty much everything on this forum about them, but am still confused.

From what it seems, this can be unpredictable taken orally if you attempt to break down the wax matric (time release component). I have heard people with low tolerance getting crazy high on 30mgs crushed and mixed with lemon juice, but then others with light tolerance getting nothing off 60mg crushed and mixed with hot water.

So, how can I take it SAFELY but without wasting it? I will not ever IV anything, so that's out.

My tolerance is miniscule. My reference point is only with hydrocodone, and with that I like to take about 30mg to feel nice.

Please remember this is time-release, NOT instant release morphine. I don't know how that would play into safety and simulataneously feeling good.

Thanks, hopefully we can get some clarification going on here for paranoids like me ;)

I recommend plugging a solution of about thirty mgs of morphine mixed with water to start out.

If that does nothing in 5-15mins, try a little more.

You don't have much so if BA is all you care about look at the BA chart and decide how you want to take it. If I recall correctly plugging is the best way of the nonIV ROAs, have fun and be safe.

You don't have much so if BA is all you care about look at the BA chart and decide how you want to take it. If I recall correctly plugging is the best way of the nonIV ROAs, have fun and be safe.

Right, I understand the BA, just not how that translates to dosing. I just don't know how to figure out what an equivalent and safe anal/oral dose is to get to a similar level as 30mg hydrocodone.

Also, how long does it take for you to feel the full effects of a dose so I can accurately tell when to take the next dose, if needed?

Thats a hard one to answer since hydrocodone has an amazing BA orally while morphine does not(somewhere like 20-35% when taken orally). Morphine sulphate when taken orally is probably just a touch more potent than hydro is. As stated before, rectal administration is the best non-IV ROA, just crush the pill into a fine powder and mix with water(the wax matrix in the time release will make it seem like it does not dissolve, but the morphine is in fact soluble in water). Filter through cotton and load into a needle-less syringe and bang it right into your bum.

I like to snort ms contins personally, the BA is not very good but you get an instantaneous rush and the post nasal drip will be digested to some degree. If you choose this ROA DO NOT SPIT OUT THE NASTY GUNK GOING DOWN YOUR THROAT, as this can be digested to get more effects from the drug.

In an ideal world, morphine is meant to be injected. It has always been this way, which is why I dont understand the implementation of oral morphine. Anyways, if you do choose to eat them, crush them up finely and swallow with water. Eating them whole will most likely result in sub par results as the wax matrix will sustain the time release. Also, lick the outside of the pill to remove the colored layering before crushing. Good luck and enjoy, morph can be great fun to someone with a low tolerance.

Last edited:
30 mg hydro equals about ~ 30 mg of morphine according to dose conversion table. I'm not sure of it takes b.a. into consideration.

From what i understand, the bioavailability of morphine is very poor when taken orally or snorted. i would do what psychedelic jay said and try plugging some. the few times i have tried ms contin's i thought they were absolute crap. i was able to get high from 50-60 mgs of oxycodone and there was a few times when i tried ms contin and did over 150 mgs and did not achieve the same feeling that 50 mgs of oxycodone would give me. i snorted the ms contin as well as the oxycodone. just my 2 cents

I agree with PJ... if you don't IV then plugging is the next best route to go.. gives more of a rush, and a stronger high... i wwuld suggest you plug 60 mg's to get the full morphine experience.