• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos (thienodiazepine) Etizolam Megathread V2

yeah i take dexedrine with etizolam; great fucking combo lol would probably shoot myself if i were suddenly cut off of both. Funny thing is that i don't abuse them (anymore anyway), just use them to enhance my ability to function in society.

yeah i take dexedrine with etizolam; great fucking combo lol would probably shoot myself if i were suddenly cut off of both. Funny thing is that i don't abuse them (anymore anyway), just use them to enhance my ability to function in society.

I only take 0.5mg of etizolam a maximum of 3 times a day. Usually only 2 and often just 1, So I guess I'm not abusing it either lol. Especially since I suffer from anxiety and insomnia.

The line between self medication and abuse can be a fine one though (or so ive found.lol) especially if the doctor isnt keeping tabs on your pills.
I think in your case Oxy_8 its even more important to be careful because of the other strong medications you are prescribed.
If you go over the top a little with your etiz then the result could be alot more serious then it would be for someone who isnt on strong opioid meds.

I have recently purchased some of these etizolam tabs. 1mg per dose. Very effective at getting rid of anxiety and i imagine would be useful for stimulant comedowns :)

Etizolam has been great for me when I want to alleviate mild anxiety or just feel a little bit more confident when I go out. Sleep always comes easily with 1 mg, and most of the time 0.5 mg sends me to sleep as well. I have noticed that if I have even a little sip of alcohol while on etizolam I experience uncharacteristic anxiety, does anyone else experience this? For reference I never exceed 1 mg in an evening/day/occasion.

I only take 0.5mg of etizolam a maximum of 3 times a day. Usually only 2 and often just 1, So I guess I'm not abusing it either lol. Especially since I suffer from anxiety and insomnia.

lol how long have you been using etizolam/benzos though? you could slip me 10mg of etizolam in a drink and i wouldn't even notice lol.

If you just stay at that dose and never go up for fun (there's no reason to really) then you are using it safely and responsibly and will not gain tolerance or lose efficacy in treating your anxiety/insomnia. In many cases, drug users, far overstep that line of self-medication/addiction pretty fucking quickly. Regular old people can stay at a dose like 10mg valium/day indefinitely. But some of us just can't help ourselves (including myself).

my best advice is that if you suffer from anxiety and insomnia is to never abuse etizolam. if you feel like you NEED to go up to 3mg/day, then you know you are heading for trouble.

^yes i didn't put it together for a while but even like 2-3 drinks and alcohol gives me terrible anxiety with etizolam, i thought wtf? why am i panicking? but i tried it a few more times, kept happening. No idea why, as you would think they'd compliment each other if anything. I have definitely noticed it consistently though. It's not even the hangover, even while drinking i'll get terrible anxiety.

Have you tried it in combo cannabis (smoked)?
I was planning on using the etiz to knock the edge off of some pretty strong sative strain i have at the moment. Usually i have to take a hypnotic type med like zopiclone so i dont get too panicky.lol

yeah it'll definitely take the edge off so you can enjoy it. Not something i'd recommend to get a habit of doing though. I'd just smoke, if you get overwhelmed then take etizolam, if not then just enjoy the high.

I am amazed by how you can be dependant on this drug for extended periods of time without developing much (if any) tolerance. I planned on taking this for a couple weeks tops to help with opiate w/ds and quickly realized I was not ready to be totally sober. I've been taking this every day for the last 2-3 months with the last month consisting of a steady dose of 4-6mgs at bed time, the only exception being my occasional stim session in which case I take ~10mgs through out the day(2-3 days a month).
Lately I've been taking 1-2mgs before work every so often and I'm happy to say it seems my tolerance is the same as day one. 1mg leaves me relaxed and anxiety free while 2mgs actually intoxicates me. As much as I would hate to see this scheduled I think it would make the perfect replacement for xanax. My alprazolam tolerance usually went from 2 to 6mgs after a couple months of daily use. If my experience is at all typical this would be a much more manageable long term solution.

Last edited:
How long is the duration of Etizolam? Shorter or longer than Xanax? (only benzo I've ever tried).

The half life of Eitzolam is about 8 hours. The half-life of Xanax is about 11 hours.

Gotcha.

Would you say its about equal strength, mg to mg, with Xanax? I've heard from others that its around there.

& Thanks a bunch for your answer to the 1st question, and this one as well if you answer it.

yeah it'll definitely take the edge off so you can enjoy it. Not something i'd recommend to get a habit of doing though. I'd just smoke, if you get overwhelmed then take etizolam, if not then just enjoy the high.

Cheers man, i know well the dangers of gabaergics for 'pot anxiety'. I ended up pretty heavily addicted to zopiclone because of it.
Only beat that addiction a few months ago but i feel mentally stronger now and feel i deserve a treat.lol
I thought etizolam might be a good choice as diazepam and temazepam have never caused any compulsive gredosing worries or addictive tendencies

etizolam isn't bad in regards to compulsive dosing, unless you are finger dipping out of a bag of pure powder. It doesn't really do much other than fix anxiety. You can get high off it like 5 times then there's no euphoria after that.

as well, i've noticed etizolam is very forgiving in developing tolerance and very easy to taper with. It's the perfect gabaergic to me. I may start a religious cult and use etizolam as our sacrament.

mg to mg with xanax, i'd say etizolam is a bit less potent, not by a whole lot though maybe 25% less potent at most. I always thought alprazolam had a short half life but wiki lists it at 11.2 hours, strange because lorazepam's half life isn't much longer, but maybe its metabolites have longer half lives than alprazolam's. Etizolam's half life is 6 hours but one of its metabolites is 8 hours.

I dont have any experience with alprazolam as im uk based and its a bit rarer here.
Ive had diazepam, temazepam, lorazepam and zopiclone but my sacrament would be zopiclone.lol
I know alot of people dont rate zopiclone but i get loads of euphoria from it with minimal side effects.
I thought etizolam might be similar to lorazepam in potency as they both equate the same with diazepam ie. 1mg= 10mg diazepam.
I hope i ordered the right ones though because im hearing now that theres alot of different "pellets" around and i dont want to get anything dodgy.....christ, im anxious already and they havent even arrived yet!lol

etizolam is much more potent than lorazepam IME (i've used both many many times), especially as an anxiolytic. There's a study showing etizolam is 5x more efficacious as an anxiolytic at an equipotent dose of diazepam. So 1mg of etizolam would be at about the same as 50mg of diazepam in terms of treating anxiety. I don't find lorazepam very effective for anxiety or for anything really, so i can't compare it, there's no dose of lorazepam that will give me the effects of etizolam or diazepam for that matter.

etizolam is a bit too different to compare to diazepam IMO. They feel like completely different drugs (they are but effects feel much different IMO).. I much prefer etizolam for functionality and for when i need to be clear headed. The equivalency charts can't be completely correct because each benzo binds differently to the gaba-a receptor.

.5mg etizolam should get you to where 1mg of lorazepam will roughly. Though a person's response to a benzo/gabaergic/zdrug is pretty individual, some hate lorazepam, some love it. I really like zopiclone too for some reason, it destroys my anxiety and it's kind of trippy/interesting.

I got blerpospasms after about a year of on and off 1 and 1-MD usage. I was taking between 2-8mg a night, generally 2-4, but sometimes 6 or 8mg close to a year. When Eddie hit the scene I didn't need American alternatives anymore as the price was so much cheaper.

I've had an eyelid twitch (blerpospasm) for 3 weeks Monday (memorial day will be 3 weeks), I saw my GP last Friday and he said the usual internet shit, magnesium, zinc, sleep, stress, etc. None of those are an issue with me. I mentioned this casually and he said I might discontinue it if I thought it was the real issue

I discontinued the eddies about 10 days ago and it's slowly going away, it's a known side effect on wiki so I blame Eddie

Yeah, i heard blephospasms can happen with etizolam after longterm use. Dont you have bad withdrawal symptoms from discontinuing so quickly?

RobotRipping, from what your saying it seems like im really gonna enjoy etiz.
I get what your saying about lorazepam, its a bit of a weird benzo imo. One minute it can be felt strong and then its gone and anxiety comes crashing back in.
I think lorazepam is much more useful for its anticonvulsant effects (like treating acute seizure in hospital), im sure ive read as well that it doesnt have any active metabolites but i may be getting it mixed up with something else.lol
Do you know anything about the serotonin release from etizolam?
Im taking mirtazapine 45mg at night and i dont mind skipping a night to try the etiz but it would be better if i could still take the mirtazapine.
Also, i was wondering, does etiz give much of a hangover? diazepam and temazepam give me a really dopey feeling the next day. Thanks for answering all these questions im fireing at you, its my anxiety taking control again.lmao

Update: The etizolam just arrived so thats pretty good service considering i only ordered it yesterday dinner.
Their a very vivid blue colour and have a split line on one side, the inside of the pill is white.
Unfortunately i cant try them till tomorrow due to my girlfriend goimg out on a hen night and me looking after our daughter.
My girlfriends dad is eager to try them though so ill give him one today and let him be the guinea pig.lol

Last edited by a moderator: