View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - The 3rd Dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I've used MXE and 3-MeO-PCE both together and separately. MXE is definitely more similar to PCE than it is to ket but not as similar as it is to 3-MeO-PCP. Pretty close though. 3-MeO-PCE seemed to be slightly more "deranged" alone or with MXE but I was in the middle of a massive dissociative binge at the time so my doses were high and also probably a bit sloppily measured. Another similarity is the delayed onset of 3-MeO-PCE - even with IM dosing - which is reminiscent of MXE. Broadly speaking, if you aren't especially familiar with either drug I'd say you could easily mistake one for the other (although PCE doses are a fair bit lower in general). Isn't MXE a ketone (?) analogue of 3-MeO-PCE anyway? Tis what it says in the alternative chemical name given for it anyway.
Yeah, I just find it odd that 3-MeO-PCE is only mentioned once in this thread prior to my last post. Thanks for the input.
I would love to hear from people who have tried both I.M. and rectal, with information relating to duration and intensity.
They aren't that qualitatively different in my experience. Both routes have resulted in states where I find myself somewhat lost, followed by extreme rocketing euphoria when I "figure my way out," like a test followed by a reward. Both have also resulted in simply enjoyable easy-going nights. They're equally unpredictable in this regard, so if there is a metabolic transformation by some routes and not IM I haven't noticed anything. IM is only slightly more potent and slightly shorter in duration than rectal. If I think I'll redose I'll usually go with rectal since it's less work. My MXE experiences seem to be shorter than average, so I think my commenting on general duration would be misleading.

Last edited:
^ I think myself and probably a few others mentioned the 3-MeO-PCE similarity in one of the previous threads here but may have been elsewhere. I know the 3-MeO-PCP comparison has been made a few times before now here in PDland though. I would definitely make the 3-MeO-PCx comparison more than the ketamine one but most folks aren't really familiar with the former so tend to ask how similar to ketamine they are which kinda defeats the object maybe. Or I'm just too lazy to keep drawing comparisons to relatively obscure drugs. Probably the latter, to be honest.

I've been shouting 3-MeO PCE this whole time! ;)

Quite similar, MXE being a little shorter, requiring a higher dose, and a bit "softer". 3-MeO PCE feels like its got a bit more DRI activity in relation to the NMDA antagonism. Subsequently it feels a bit more twisted, hilarious, and dark.

The difference seems exactly like what you'd expect to happen by tacking that oxygen on there I'd say. Certainly closer to 3-MeO PCE in effects than ketamine...

Uggh Shammy I'm glad you pulled through another unexpected SS crisis, if that indeed is what it was. Yr LSD/tramadol report gave me shudders. Tis the reason I quit taking tramadol....makes a wondrous antidepressant (and a great pain killer for an ex-opiate addict like myself) but it just interfered too much with my psychedelic appetite. :D Took a long time to feel "normal" after stopping as well...

Thanks, Aman :)

Same on the tram thing - works great as an anti-depressant but way too dodgy if you don't give up recreational drugs just in case. I'm pretty sure it was another run-in with SS as it had precisely the same effects only even more disturbing as I wasn't as far gone as before but was still totally caught up in (messianic suicidal) delusions and the visual and aural distortions are very unique. The physical effects even more unmistakable :|

I've been shouting 3-MeO PCE this whole time!
Yes, yours was the one mention before mine that I was referencing, heh. At least that one post is all that was returned when I searched the thread for 3-MeO-PCE before making that post. Now, when I search again, it doesn't even come up (only these latter posts do). WTF?

^(me too - in the last thread) I definitely think mxe is closer to 3-meo-pce than k. If i were to introduce it to someone i would compare it to 3-meo-pce (or something PCx-related) rather than k - if only to make them treat it with a bit more respect than they might with the more forgiving (dose-wise) k.

I found them (mxe and 3-meo-pce) pretty similar generally; although i reckon mxe's half-life in the body is shorter than 3-meo-pce - i feel residual effects (not unpleasant) much more noticeably the next day or two with 3-meo (i've heard 4-meo version is similar but haven't tried it) - i get a nice bit of after-glow the next day with mxe but not as physically noticeable. (is it the ketone that does this? similar to why ketamine's got a short half-life?)

100mg + strange days from the doors = out of this world!! Everything is so neon blue!!!!

Introspection, euphoria, nice visuals and no anxiety...

Just having to walk three staircases to piss is a drag...

Had a few beers while on it, tasted different after a while but a serious drinker couldn't care less.

I've been using for bout three months now, not daily, but on and off and no negative effects to speak off... this is a gem, be careful, addiction lures if you ask me...

I had a pretty interesting weekend involving a range of dissociatives. I was at a music festival, on Friday I did AMT/MXE, was great... on the saturday I did over 100mg of MXE, a gram of ketamine and I did 15mg of 3MeoPCE at the same time, oh and about 30 ballons all in the same night... it was good except I felt quite empty at the end of the night... and unfortunately the majority of experience was spent in a ridiculous queue to get into Aphex Twin who ended up being a let down... this was my first time mixing significant doses of ketamine/MXE and certainly the first time getting 3MeoPCE involved... I enjoyed the experience but the 3MeoPCE had quite a physically cold feeling along with some mental loopiness...it's kinda hard to describe but the experience was interesting, felt safe enough... I've done larger doses of 3MeoPCE before and I don't really find it that similar to MXE, obviously more so than ketamine, but it's quite different, crazier, I've had fun with it in a maniac kind of way, but it is so much less lucid, I've had moments on it where I've forgotten who I was, where I was, etc and periods where I could only focus on 3 objects at once... be it people, places, things, only 3 in a triangle... very hard to describe... I've also had moments of sinister paranoia on 3MeoPCE, where all faces looked sinister....but 3meoPCE does have that warm blanket effect, it's just all the mental stuff that is different... and this oddly cold feeling....

Unfortunately, the weekend ended really quite badly... someone who was doing MXE for the first time took too much, he was helping himself to lines without anyone knowing... pushed it way too far... ended up in a completely distant state, it was really terrifying, he was lucky he was indoors with friends because he was acting so bizarrely he would've got sectioned.... and I'll be honest, the thought of sectioning him crossed my mind, it was a terrible experience... he basically became super unresponsive, but still moving around, eyes wide open, he couldn't respond to questions, just starring at people, then when he would speak it would be words repeated, at one point he was spinning his head like the exorcist.... this went on for hours, we thought he might not come out of it....and he had to be coaxed back to reality slowly... it was bizarre, freaky, the scariest drug experience I've ever had... someone losing their mind right in front of eyes..... it was especially annoying because we couldn't have been clearer about the dangers of the drug and we were very stringest who we gave it to and we didn't give it to him.. he was taking it from one of friends supplies, who had left it on the table.. it turns out this guy has had issues with drug binges & mental issues before and we didn't know anything about this until afterwards.... I think he must've had about 150mg over the 3 days, but this was without any tolerance/sleep... he told us he sneaked about 6 or 7 lines when he came out of it... really foolish, but this is drug fiends for you. I gave him a serious guilt trip the next day, I'm sure he's learned a lesson.

Anyway, yeah, he finally came out of it at about 8am on Sunday, thank fuck, he had a very interesting experience, he said he was watching the whole weekend as if it was a movie, he could hear everything that was being said to him but he felt as though he consciousness wasn't in that reality, the freakiest thing was that he would watch himself and his weekend in a loop and that it would go forwards and then backwards... must've been quite terrifying.... I'm not sure if this was really a psycotic experience, it sounds like he got into a very deep hole and couldn't get out of it... I found it interesting how the experience sounded a lot like ibogaine, based on recent ideas/discussion... but what a fucking a idiot, I'm glad I didn't give it to him, and that's he alright now, but just let be a warning to anyone who wants to push it beyond it's limits and/or leaves MXE lying around.... I don't understand how he kept on going, because alarm bells must've been ringing, he just wasn't listening to them.

Another thing I've learned is that it can be quite odd doing MXE in groups, because everyone is different and where as I am tolerant to dissociatives, some people will be tripping full blown and yet look exactly the same and are completely respondant/on the ball/ you'd never know they were tripping... and in this case it actually took us a while to realise he had lost the plot...

So anyway, the weekend was 33% amazing/ 33% let down / 34% horrific nightmare

I just took methoxy and came up with a new concept:
Speed of high.
My current speed of high is 15mg methoxy per hour

I just took methoxy and came up with a new concept:
Speed of high.
My current speed of high is 15mg methoxy per hour

I was having epiphanys for hours, it was excellent. Once the peak was over the magic had only begun.

I got my usal stuff today, AmT/MxE, and was going to do my usal combo! but also got a bit of free 6-apb, has anyone done 6-apb and mxe?

dont do what i did last night and do lines ontop of a lot of alcohol.... urgh. messed me up. i never learn from my mistakes lol

I got my usal stuff today, AmT/MxE, and was going to do my usal combo! but also got a bit of free 6-apb, has anyone done 6-apb and mxe?

Um....stay very far away from 6-APB. Seriously. At first you'll enjoy it, but something goes very wrong very quickly. You will most likely get serotonin syndrome, and get it pretty serious.

Last edited:

I often do mxe following on from 6 or 5-apb (at least 8-10 hours after last dose) - and i find that really good - more magical and slightly more visual than mxe alone for me (the left over serotoniney stuff?); and it seems to couneract the residual stimulation/comedown effects of 6/5-apb a bit for me too (and brings a natural conclusion to the experience (i like k after md for similar reasons)). All my best mxe experiences have been after a night of 6- or 5-apb.

i don't know about doing it when the 6-apb is in full swing though (2-8 hours), what with possible dopamine-related complications noted above; (but then i don't usually want to until later anyway)

Edit: @JSPete - i wouldn't advise mxe while 6-apb is in full swing more for dopaminey reasons - i would have thought serotonin syndrome wasn't so much the problem with mxe (please correct me but i thought its serotonin effect was small); except for the inherent possibility of this from 6-apb (which i've personally never encountered even at moderately high doses). People seem to have variable experiences of 6-apb, but i really like it (and 5 too - when they're clean anyway)

Last edited:
iirc i snorted ~25mg for my first time mxe.
if i had to initiate a first-timer, i would now recommend 20mg rectally.

Whoa "hey first timer plug this" sounds no good to me.
15 mgs sublingual for a first timer is about right. Im no pro at mxe but ive dosed, 10, 30, 25, and for 40 mgs. 30 was pretty intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.