• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread: We have now lost at least 2 of our own from Lope

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard about some people getting effects from large amounts of loperamide. I tried myself a couple times to fend off withdrawal from other opiates and all it did was constipate me. I heard there are certain otc meds that allow it to cross the bb barrier but for all that I'd rather wait out the sickness until I find a real opiate.

loperamide already gets past the bbb in even low doses, its just not very much, ive seen two different sources claiming .02% to .04%. But for a drug that would be about as powerful as fentanyl if did all get through, that .02 or .04 percent has potential for withdrawls.

loperamide already gets past the bbb in even low doses, its just not very much, ive seen two different sources claiming .02% to .04%. But for a drug that would be about as powerful as fentanyl if did all get through, that .02 or .04 percent has potential for withdrawls.

it does get through but it is a dirty high and most definitely will cause some horrid long drawn out WD the longer you use it, especially if you jump off cold turkey

people still do not believe lope will cause preciapted WD, it is an opiate that binds to your receptors, it's just doesn't casue CNS depression, your receptors are still being plugged up by opitaes even if you don't experience a euphoric high.

It will mask pain and make your sleep better but the longer you use it and the higher you climb the ladder the more offsetting unpleasent symptoms kick in, blurred vision, horrendous dehydration and YES pyschical dependence.

Just be sure to taper down if you find yourself using lope for WD relief and for long periods of time, it is an easy taper but make sure you do it otherwise your cutting off your nose to spite your face

Last edited:
Once, My nieghbors uncle's friends cat went a store to get the ingredients to make some poppy seed bagels. On the way back the cat accidentially spilled some of the spices. The weather in those days were 35-75 degrees daily. Three months later the cat made more trips to the store. I dont know why, but the cat was soooo happy when he returned, and from then on always he volunteered to get the supplies for dinner.

After reading this entire thread I've decided this is the best post I've ever read.

I've also decided I'm going to try out some loperamide myself. I've already tried it in doses of less than 10mg for withdrawals, but I'm interested in it's more therapeutic effects on other withdrawal symptoms.

I took 48mg (24 pills) and a few hits of weed an hour ago to help ease w.d and it works fine. You don't need to take any 100 pills or anything like that to get relief. I didn't really believe all the hype, but I'm surprised at how well it worked.

I took it once before 6 days ago and if you take it really sporadically and not often, you won't really have any increased/prolonged w.d. I know everyone's different but I had my doubts, wasn't expecting anything, and I have an average human body, so in my personal opinion it's the best OTC I've found for easing w.d. unless u wanna go thru all the bullshit of making poppy tea

Ok people we need a definate answer for sure,
After a few days of research I'd say loperamide is indeed an abusable opiate..
People speak of getting body highs without euphoria.. Not gonna happen unless it crosses the bbb
So it does.. Swim took 34mg about an hour ago and an opiate effect is present.

Il add that this is swims first experience with this drug and was not expecting anything other than a corked backside...

The effects started with blurry eyes, warm body rush, numbing of pain.. Euphoria is yet to be seen but it will last for 10 hours or so so there's still time.. This is just the comeup people.

No inhibitors or potentiators have been taken only acidic drinks to increase absorption and swims eaten an hour before taking and 10 minutes after also to increase absorption.

I shall post back soon, when swim tells me more..

I took 48mg (24 pills) and a few hits of weed an hour ago to help ease w.d and it works fine. You don't need to take any 100 pills or anything like that to get relief. I didn't really believe all the hype, but I'm surprised at how well it worked.

I took it once before 6 days ago and if you take it really sporadically and not often, you won't really have any increased/prolonged w.d. I know everyone's different but I had my doubts, wasn't expecting anything, and I have an average human body, so in my personal opinion it's the best OTC I've found for easing w.d. unless u wanna go thru all the bullshit of making poppy tea

I used 3-6mg at a time this last withdrawal, it worked very well. 6mg was the first dose of the day followed by two doses of 3mg later in the day. I really don't think very high doses are needed for many people to get relief. A quick look at the experiences that show a drastic increase in opioid tolerance from high doses of loperamide support this IMO.

Ok people we need a definate answer for sure,
After a few days of research I'd say loperamide is indeed an abusable opiate..
People speak of getting body highs without euphoria.. Not gonna happen unless it crosses the bbb
So it does.. Swim took 34mg about an hour ago and an opiate effect is present.

Il add that this is swims first experience with this drug and was not expecting anything other than a corked backside...

The effects started with blurry eyes, warm body rush, numbing of pain.. Euphoria is yet to be seen but it will last for 10 hours or so so there's still time.. This is just the comeup people.

No inhibitors or potentiators have been taken only acidic drinks to increase absorption and swims eaten an hour before taking and 10 minutes after also to increase absorption.

I shall post back soon, when swim tells me more..

We dont use SWIM here.

im an avid opiate user and have no interest in this drugs recreational value, but i do find its w/d benefits to be quite interesting. so what would someone who takes bot 240-270mg of oxycodone have to not go into withdraws

i was ready to run down to the store and get all the boxes of immodium they had...till i read the whole thing. uhhh yeah. thanks.

So if i take Loperamide with Suboxone... bad combo? or if i take it, lets say 6 hours before a suboxone dose, would it have a bad effect or be fine?
the reason im asking is i havea small amount of subs, and im trying to mkae it until the peak of my kick before i use it.

Can anyone offer any insight on lope prolonging w.d?

For instance would taking 50mg doses every 2-3 days to combat w.d simply prolong the w.d once you try to stop?

^i'm able to lower the dose by 2 mg's a day, and feel fine doing it(maybe a little better than fine), i started at 120 mg a day to combat wd stemming from a ten year habit involving every opioid under the sun and am now at 56mg/24hr. There are days when i just dont want to go down(addict from within i suppose), but as long you get it cheap, its no big deal. Hope that helps.

I've heard about some people getting effects from large amounts of loperamide. I tried myself a couple times to fend off withdrawal from other opiates and all it did was constipate me. I heard there are certain otc meds that allow it to cross the bb barrier but for all that I'd rather wait out the sickness until I find a real opiate.

It's well worth it as a comfort med in my opinion, I take 50 to 60mg every other day when in WD, it certainly helps with not only with the GI issues, but also with the limb pains and general apathy.
Not for RLS, sadly :p

I don't even take the OTC stuff that supposedly fucks with your BBB, but I do take loads of DXM (150-300) mg and 50-100mg DPH a day when really WDing and not having to work, along with a lot of weed. That may intensify the lope effects and really takes my mind off the suffering greatly.

However, if I have to work or be with the fam, 100mg of lope have saved my ass countless times. Nearly all WD symptoms gone, I could function just fine.

You've my sympathy if it doesn't work for you, that's shit luck :\

On the other hand, I suspect using lope during WD will prolong it, it's an opiate after all, and you can't cheat the powers that be ;)

I've been taking daily doses of around 20-25mg for about a month since getting off Suboxone. It was backing me up really badly so I decided to stop pretty much cold turkey. I had 4mg yesterday and nothing today. I've noticed some withdrawal-like symptoms (sneezing, chills, aches). I figure it's either the Lope or I've just got a cold.
I just took 10mg so I'll see if that makes me feel any better.

Question - is tapering down from a fairly high dose (20-25mg) recommended or should cold turkey be OK?

I am immature and LOL'd at his name + this topic.

uhy i took 14mg and my pants got tight ....and my tolerance is way down ...ugh im bloated now jesus christ how can somone take what these people are taking without gastr problems ....

I'm a heroin addict and 20-25 mg of lopermide plus 30-60 mg of dxm actually gets me pretty high Like smoking 2 or 3 balloons worth of h (for you outside of cali thats like .15-.2 of tar or 2-3 bags). The two drugs seem to potentiate each other like crazy.

bbb = blood brain barrier

*Big FYI, if you are considering trying getting high on Loperamide and usually take Hydrocodone/Oxycodone Loperamide will FUCK your tolerance. I was going to get 35 Vikes in a few days but i got impatient and decided to take some Loperamide to see what it was all about. It definitely works, got me high as a mofo ALLL DAY LONG.

BUT, and this for me is a BIG but...3 days later i took 2 Perks, then 3 Vikes (5MG each) - NOTHING. Kept upping the Vikes until i had taken TWELVE 5mg beans. I had no buzz to speak of. When i say no buzz, i'm talking absolutely zilch, zero. Normally i catch a good buzz from 1/3 that dose. Don't do Loperamide if you want to be able to take normal opiates (hydro/oxy) within a week's time. I wouldn't bother trying to dose yourself with hydro/oxy until at least a week after your Loperamide.

$100 down the drain for me. I felt like such a custy asshole not getting ANY kind of a buzz from 12 Vicodin.

*Edit* My loperamide dose was probably a bit excessive. I took 144 pills or 288mg. It is a very nice buzz and cheap, but you can only do it every 3rd day and even then i found myself increasing my dose by 50%. I also hate doing something so untested. Too few people have done it and ironed out all the kinks so i feel like i really don't have a clue what i'm getting myself into.

Status
Not open for further replies.