• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Huffing Acetone in nail polish remover

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillCops

Bluelighter
Hey what does everyone think about huffing acetone?

How does it compare to nitrous, ether, air duster, and shit? has ANYONE on here ever tried it?

When huffing nail polish remover are there other chemicals in it besides acetone that are especialy bad for you or is it mostly the acetone itself?

Just How bad is pure acetone for you?

Inhalants are very physically harmful and I don't really see the point in them, I would just avoid doing it altogether.

"Acetone is believed to exhibit only slight toxicity in normal use, and there is no strong evidence of chronic health effects if basic precautions are followed.

At very high vapor concentrations, acetone is irritating and, like many other solvents, may depress the central nervous system. It is also a severe irritant on contact with eyes, and a potential pulmonary aspiration risk. In one documented case, ingestion of a substantial amount of acetone led to systemic toxicity, although the patient eventually fully recovered. Some sources estimate LD50 for human ingestion at 1.159 g/kg; LD50 inhalation by mice is given as 44 g/m3, over 4 hours.

Acetone has been shown to have anticonvulsant effects in animal models of epilepsy, in the absence of toxicity, when administered in millimolar concentrations. It has been hypothesized that the high-fat low-carbohydrate ketogenic diet used clinically to control drug-resistant epilepsy in children works by elevating acetone in the brain."

That's how toxic acetone is. Seems it gets quite an undeserved bad wrap.

you're one of the idiots who try to get high off everything eh?

Typically inhalant threads are closed because there is simply no escaping the fact that huffing acetone = brain damage. Therefore the most HR thing is to state this and close the threads. However, I believe there's some good discussion to be had on this. If people try and refrain from berating the OP about his choice to use inhalants, and instead talk about the relative merits/harm minimisation, this thread deserves to stay open, at least for a little while.

So...Let the valuable discussion commence :).

you're one of the idiots who try to get high off everything eh?

Haha no i most likely wont try it i was just curious. if people start saying its a great experience and has special good qualities you cant get from other inhalents id probably do it tho.

and JSPETES comment^ suggests its not really that bad for you so i wouldnt be much of an "idiot" to wanna try it.

now the other part of my question is are there extra things in nail polish remover that would make it bad to huff?

Is it like the either from starter fluid situation where one should only do lad grade pure shit?

I hate to say it man, but in the end you're still doing inhalants. There is not any way to separate inhalant use from serious consequences. We're talking brain damage and other serious health problems. I strongly advise you to reconsider attempting to get high with inhalants.

If drug enthusiasts on a harm reduction site tell you not to do them, that's saying something.

Why nail polish remover (acetone)? I've heard of old nail polish containing alkyl nitrates being inhaled, which makes sense as alkyl nitrates (poppers) are recreational drugs and not very harmful, but acetone? Just go buy some poppers or nitrous or something.

I hate to say it man, but in the end you're still doing inhalants. There is not any way to separate inhalant use from serious consequences. We're talking brain damage and other serious health problems. I strongly advise you to reconsider attempting to get high with inhalants.

Ive already done a balls load of inhalents and i dont think im fully retarded yet and also i dont plan on trying acetone unless it seems like ill get something out of it that i havent from nitrous, amyl nitrate, ether, and way way way too much air duster years ago when i was extra stupid.

I know there bad for you im just curious.

Last edited:
Ive already done a balls load of inhalents and i dont think im fully retarded yet and also i dont plan on trying acetone unless it seems like ill get something out of it that i havent from nitrous, amyl nitrate, ether, and way way way too much air duster years ago when i was extra stupid.

I know there bad for you im just curious.

Duster and ether are the only ones out of those that are really dangerous. Nitrous and amyl nitrate are relatively safe. Best to stick to those if you're going to play with inhalants.

PS-- Where the hell are you getting ether?

PS-- Where the hell are you getting ether?

If you live in the US any local police station sells it. Its completely pure but the only downside is you have to be under 18 and show i.d. or they wont let you have it.8(

I think this thread has gone far enough. Don't use inhalants. There is no safe way to do it. There are plenty of other ways to get high - and many of those ways are much, much safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.