• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants a question about meth withdrawals

aMammoth

Greenlighter
I have Been using for about 5 years, the last two I've been on the needle. Overall I feel I have educated myself, on the drug itself and the effects of long term use, pretty well.

Despite my extensive research there is one side effect I can't seem to find any information on.

I'm not the best at explaining sensations or what I'm feeling so please bear with me.

A little background health information.
I use ball park a gram a day. Sleep every night. Eat at least 3 meals a day. And take vitamins.

When I have had a decent shot within the past 8-12 hours it doesn't occur. So I think it's related to withdrawals. But like I said can't find any information about anything similar.

The longer I go without doing more the more frequent and intense the "pulses?" Get. It almost feels like when you stand up to quickly and get a head rush. But I won't pass out from it. If I'm exerting myself in some way it intensifies them.
I have experienced this on few occasions prior to using the needle but IV use definitely has exacerbated it .

Can anyone possibly shed some light on what I'm experiencing? I've read that outside of being super tired for awhile , meth doesn't really have physical withdrawal symptoms. But I'd definitely say I feel it physically. It's exhausting, uncomfortable, and disorienting.

Thank you ahead of time for your responses.

You need to be more specific, it is hard to figure out what you are talking about

I understand describing personal sensations can be difficult, though you need to try and explain a little better, than, “pulses “?

It could be anxiety, although having anxiety coming off of meth seems pretty odd

As you mentioned, there isn’t a true physical withdrawal syndrome from amphetaimines, however there can certainly be discomfort,?’, especially with something as powerful as meth. Again please describe these sensations better, if at all possible

Orthostatic Hypotension? Shot in the dark but it could related to blood pressure. Meth increases it, withdrawal might be accompanied by low blood pressure. Low blood pressure can cause dizziness and what not. Best see a doctor to get the best answer.

I was going to say Postural Hypotension as well (same as Orthostatic) but it seems strange as the elevated BP usually lasts for a couple days after use..

This is a bizarre way to try and describe it. But the feeling I'm getting is kind of like the sound in the background of this song
https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...DXEQtwIICzAA&usg=AOvVaw3XfBrsKoOzxZZukVjwxkGH
. And it's extremely intermittent pulsing. Almost like if you we're unscrewing an old coaxial cable from the TV and you weren't holding it correctly.
I could easily see it having some relation to a spike or drop in my blood pressure but given did only last a few seconds at a time it would be kind of hard to detect it.

I'm not sure if things actually work this way , but what if it's from damaged dopamine receptors
and when the brain tries to hit the receptors but nothing is there. causing a misfire, for lack of a better word.

One time , I hadn't done any for like 3 or 4 days. I was out of town at my girlfriend's families home for New year's. Her dad had bought one of those crates of fireworks that have 20 or so shots in them. He accidentally set it off too close to the tree line and they bounced back towards us. Like 25 ft away when theyexploded. It triggered these "pulses" and it was super intense. Like I almost collapsed because of the frequency and intensity of it.

Weird that it comes after you've been off for a few days. Usually I know slower ROAs have kicked in when I get strange pulsing sensations.

You don't think these are regular "brain zaps" like the kind that can come on when you quit SSRIs? If they are, they go away, seem to be harmless, and have not even a fart of a whiff of hand waving over a cause.

They can be really nasty sometimes though, like a wave makes you wonder how you can survive the next one.

And something to keep in mind, yeah, meth involves dopamine in most of why we take the stuff, it's also a profound adrenergic drug that wreaks havoc on your metabolism and cardiovascular health. The number of complications that are strictly about dopamine is nearly zero (addiction and delusions are part of the fun), the rest is all the other ways you hurt yourself.

I try to remember that just resetting your internal clock back to human takes like a solid month, all sleep for days, then no sleep, pendulum back until you're kind of OK. You'll have all kinds of weird sensory issues during that time, catching up on months of dreams, and "pulsing", maybe might actually relate to sensing your pulse.

They start occuring at best 15-20 hours after my last shot. I could be wrong. I havent really sat down and recorded times of dosing, 1st wave /pulse occurrence, frequency, etc.
But my sleep habits are almost normal. This is a really late night for me. I get 6-9 hours of sleep every night. For me to stay up significantly longer than the average person is extremely rare.
I may not have the healthiest diet , but I definitely get my 3 meals a day.
Brain zaps? Ill look into that. And I assumed eventually they would stop.
Yeah, the potential damage that can be done is definitely a serious concern. Ive spent many hours at this point, educating my self on what exactly I'm doing to my body. Which is mainly why I posted this thread. It's the only side effect I havent been able to find any information on.
Probably because I'm not searching the correct phrases.
But that's where y'all come in. And I really appreciate the responses