• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Triazolam

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGsherm7272

Bluelighter
Does anyone have any experiences with triazolam? How does it compare to other benzos? I only had one pill of it once, but it was mixed with other benzos so I couldn't really judge it by itself. On wikipedia, it states that .5mg of triazolam is 16.2 times as strong as 1mg of alprazolam.........so that means that 1mg of triazolam is roughly equal to 8mg of alprazolam? I was pretty floored the night I took it (it was a .5mg), but I also had some valium and alcohol on top of it. I would like to try some by itself.

Last edited:
Triazolam is by far my favorite benzo. I don't usually find benzos very recreational, but I do enjoy Halcion from time to time. It's the most potent benzo I've tried, but I doubt it's 16x the strength of Alprazolam. Use the search engine, you will find many a people's thoughts on it.

I have been scripted Halcion several times, in 0.125mg pills that and 0.25mg are all thats available downunder, I also have alot of experience with Xanax and for ME .5 Halcion wouldn't compare to 8mgs Xanax, more like 2mgs. BTW i DON"T recommend ANY ETOH with Halcion, while this can be said of all benzos, my Halcion+ETOH combos have ended in police encounters:(

yea I figured what wikipedia said about triazolam being 8x stronger than alprazolam had to be bullshit, but I am still rather interested in trying it again, maybe 2-3mgs.

Triazolam is overrated, in my opinion. I've tried it a handful of times, and the euphoria was pretty minimal - it just made me sleep. I prefer temazepam by far.

Triazolam is my absolute favorite benzo (really, it's the only benzo I even like). Too bad it's so rare. And yes, that wiki conversion is just about right, which is exactly why Halcion is so rarely prescribed.

Compare this post with the post above and you'll see exactly why "is drug-x good?" threads are useless.

I wasn't asking if it was good, just if anyone had any experiences with it, since I would like to know if it is worth trying again compared to other benzos.....and I have concurred that I would indeed like to try it again.

Mate it's not that great, of the 8 benzos iv been scripted Midazolam was the best. and Valium 2nd with some Morph of course

Triazolam is overrated, in my opinion. I've tried it a handful of times, and the euphoria was pretty minimal - it just made me sleep. I prefer temazepam by far.

Sweet P speaks the truth.

I like triazolam but I like temazepam much better. 0.25mg triazolam = 0.5mg alprazolam (I would take 1/2 as much triazolam as I would alprazolam). Temazepam and midazolam (IV) are much better IMO than the triazolobenzodiazepines.

This is a pretty basic drug dosing question, so we can move this to BDD.

I have halcion, which I believe is also triazolam. Supposedly these blue pills i have are .5mgs and I also take xanax on occasion. I would have to say that .5 triazolam oral is like 1mg of xanax oral. Halcion is a bit more recreational for me -- I don't feel as sleepy and I enjoy the down feeling.

I think that it is definitely worth trying again. I have also iv'd it before with some alcohol and regardless of the many people who will be yelling at me about iv'ing benzos and pills being a waste and bad, I liked it.

i've also read on equivalancy charts 0.25mg triazolam=0.5mg alprazolam... never tried triazolam though.. its not on the market here anymore

I just stumbled upon some .25mg Halcion (triazolam) tablets today! I've taken pretty much every benzo around and this one still takes the cake IMO. Very sedating and euphoric and more importantly very VERY strong. Usually ill take 2 xanax barz or 6mg of Klonopin to get fucked up and just one .25 pill of Triazolam has me feelin eeee,Z. I can normally take benzos pretty liberally but these have very hypnotic inebriating feeling. Theres also a muscle relaxing quality at even low doses that makes you feel very "heavy" and even blured vision and slurred speach is present at .25mg. I wouldn't want to take more than one at a time personally and these guys are notorious for the dreaded benzo black out. I can see why these are so hard to get. The thought of these mixed with opiates or alcohol is scaaaaaary. These things aren't rinky dink Valiums kids. Be Safe

triazolam is the strongest benzo i've ever tried, and i have tried some serious hypnotics (temazepam, nitrazepam, flunitrazepam, estazolam, and others).

its difficult to stay awake on it, but when taken in the correct doses, it's a very nice benzo.

1-2 mg of this shit and it easily feels like u've taken 4-5 mg of alprazolam.

Those Halcion days

Firstly I would like to say that I am not a pill head. I am more like a connoisseur of prescription drugs, taken large volume. When I found Halcion (actually Halcion found me), 1mg tablets were available. For me this was around 1987. And for a couple of years then on Halcion would bring me close to death several times.

Halcion is sometimes referred to as the sleep walking drug and there were many reported cases of people losing several days of their lives on this drug. It was an amazing concoction and the most powerful hypnotic sleeping pill I have ever tried. It is a benzodiazapine with the shortest half-life of all benzos. A single dose could be metabolized by your system within 4-6 hours. The problem was you never remembered the second, third, fourth or tenth pill you took. There were many reported cases of violence, even murder, by people having no memory of the event. Many agencies and prominent psychiatrists lobbied for a complete ban on the drug. But the billion dollar company Upjohn managed to keep it on the market by agreeing to discontinue the 1mg tablet and instructed prescribers to a limit of .5 mg (MDD). Most doctors limited their paitents to .25 at bedtime. I forget the year it was restricted (I actually forgot most things during the days of my use). I think maybe 1990/91 (?)
I do remember most doctors switching patients over to Ambien which was the case for me.

I can say this for certain; having survived barbiturates in the early seventies, Quaaludes in the eighties, cocaine then crack in the early nineties, there is no way I would be alive today if Halcion were to go on unrestricted in the early nineties. I am positive of that. Some of the things I have been told that I did and the very few events that I remember on my own leads me to this conclusion.

During those years I had around five doctors I was bouncing back and forth from so I could acquire up to 50 1mg pills per month. Even so I could never make them last more than two weeks. The withdrawal was horrific and I am told is more dangerous than Heroin. Rebound Insomnia prevented any successful 'clinical' use. I would love to read statistics on how many lives were destroyed during the 1mg Halcion Heydays.

I would welcome hearing anyone else's experiences with this devastating drug.

Peace.

triazolam is just super xanax. if you are only trying it once, you will likely fuck up your dose and not remember it. it is slightly stronger than .25 halcion to .5 xanax, and the area between the strong high silly benzo greenies want and blacking out is small. other than that is just xanax that comes up even faster, fucks you up even more, and is even shorter in duration. exaggerated xanax.

i cannot believe it used to come in 1mg pills. after class i would would take one half of a blue .25 with a beer and feel good.

triazolam is just super xanax. if you are only trying it once, you will likely fuck up your dose and not remember it. it is slightly stronger than .25 halcion to .5 xanax, and the area between the strong high silly benzo greenies want and blacking out is small. other than that is just xanax that comes up even faster, fucks you up even more, and is even shorter in duration. exaggerated xanax.

i cannot believe it used to come in 1mg pills. after class i would would take one half of a blue .25 with a beer and feel good.

It is NOT "slightly" stronger than xanax, it's much stronger.
it's 2 times as potent as xanax, but potency really has nothing to do with side effect profile, and triazolam's side effects are much heavier.
0.25 mg halcion will have much stronger sedation, amnesia, and whatever other effects (except anti-anxiety) than 0.5 mg of xanax.

Firstly I would like to say that I am not a pill head. I am more like a connoisseur of prescription drugs, taken large volume. When I found Halcion (actually Halcion found me), 1mg tablets were available. For me this was around 1987. And for a couple of years then on Halcion would bring me close to death several times.

Halcion never ever came in 1 mg tablets -- it was 0.125 mg, 0.25 mg, and 0.5 mg. The 0.5 mg tablets were discontinued, leaving only the 0.125 mg and 0.25 mg formulations on the market.

i've had some great experiences with triazolam, it's one of my top 5 favorite benzos, after 1. temazepam, 2. nitrazepam, 3. flunitrazepam and then #4 is triazolam, followed by diazepam.

it's much like the rest of the hypnotics, but i've found it to be considerably more sedating than estazolam, and slightly more sedating than nitrazepam, flunitrazepam, and temazepam.

sedation level, this is how i'd rank them:

1. triazolam
2. nitrazepam
3. temazepam
4. flunitrazepam

Last edited:
Sweet P speaks the truth.

I like triazolam but I like temazepam much better. 0.25mg triazolam = 0.5mg alprazolam (I would take 1/2 as much triazolam as I would alprazolam). Temazepam and midazolam (IV) are much better IMO than the triazolobenzodiazepines.

This is a pretty basic drug dosing question, so we can move this to BDD.

how is mid-"az"-"olam" not a triazolobenzo?

also doesnt triazolam leave your system in like a few hours or am i mistaken, seems like something ideal for someone who gets drug tested a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.