• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Black Tar Heroin(West Coast) vs. Powdered Herion(East Cost)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonchampz

Bluelighter
Now this thread is not the place to be "defining" black tar heroin as many other BTH threads have led to. JChimpo has repeatedly corrected people saying it has no morphine in it, "it is made up of sticks and tar", it only has acetyl chloride in it etc. This is not my point of the thread; to define black tar heroin. I want to hear peoples experiences with both and compare them in a somewhat unbiased manner. I live in California, so all I see is black tar and have never seen any powder. I've never shot it, but I've smoked it many times and feel that the high is not as intense as powder would be and that it is underrated compared to powder. (And yes, my technique is perfect and the quality of the product is great.)

The idea for this thread was inspired by an article I read by "Seedless" in his online junky diary in which he gave immense details into his life, is daily routine and his dope. He then had a journal article about how he left the east for vacation and in colorado he could only get black tar. He says that he couldn't get to where he wanted to be and generally it didn't give him the euphoria or pleasure.

So, can anyone compare the two in terms of body/mental high, overall feeling, intensity and just overall differences between the two? It would also help if you could compare the two through similar ROA, ie: snorting powder/snorting or smoking black tar and obviously, shooting both. Thanks...

From what I understand, one isn't better than the other. You can have high quality tar and low quality powder, or the other way around. It all depends on the source

This is what I've learned from BL at least

From what i've seen the quality for both can vary so much that one can be stronger then the other or vice versa. I lived in southern california most my life and all the heroin I saw was tar as well. It varied in quality but there were times when you could get some GOOD tar. The only thing is I like IV'ing opiates after being a tar smoker for a year, IV gave me more bang for my buck. I just always felt dirty IV'ing tar and it's far worse for your veins then powder.

For that quality alone, the health of my veins. I wish powder was the thing around here. Sadly I moved away from southern california though and heroin is pretty much non-existent here in Boise, ID so i'm out of luck anyways. The only opiates I get is my Dilaudid prescription monthly.

I've never tried powder but the tar i tried in San jose was complete garbage. I smoked several grams of it. It was so strange, if i smoked enough i would nod so hard, it would be so hard to see..... but absolutely NO euphoria.... like none...... I was completely unimpressed but it had to have been crap black tar.... I want to try powder but have never seen it around here...

Obviously we can all sit here and say "there can be good tar and bad powder, and there can be good powder and bad tar". It goes without saying that both can vary.
So, if you want a generalized statement- I would argue that powder TENDS to be a better product then tar.

Another generality I would make is that tar tends to be more consistent in quality (less variance) then powder. Remember that there really is no such thing as "good or bad heroin". Heroin is always heroin. What makes one batch or product better or worse, is the amount of cut added to it. Adding cut to powder is about as simple a process as you could imagine. Adding additional cut to tar is a bit trickier simply because of the form it is in. Its for this reason that I believe that you will find greater variance in powder then you will tar.

I live on the East Coast and have been an I.V. Heroin user for two years; Never sniffed it, just went straight to the needle. About two months ago I got my hands on two grams of black tar from one of my dealers. I have always wondered what such a raw version of dope would be like and had always wanted to try it so I snatched it up at a cost much lower than grams of powder I am used to.

Wasn't sure of dosing so I decided to slowly titrate until I got to somewhere decent. The first little hunk I cut off... pretty small compared to the amount of powder I'm used to shooting (I'm clean now, only use about once a month or so and I still need to boot about 2-3 bags of ddecent powder to get thoroughly high) and it relly blew me away.

The high seemed a little more sloppy (re: fucked up). It seemed like my neck muscles ceased to function and my head flopped around like a caracature of a drunk. Maybe it was having 2g's on tap or maybe it was the nature of the tar but I fiended for that shit like I've never fiended for dope before. I carried my works and a little hunk with me to work every day (I work outside doing physical labor so I was shooting tar in portojohns and work trucks). I killed my stash and re-upped twice before detoxing myself.

The question I ask myself now is: If that was two grams of powder, would I have acted the same or would I have had more self control? If the former, why? I say I would in fact have not acted the same. The black tar just fucked me up much more at a lower dose and the euphoria was different than what I had done 1,000,000 times before; not more intense, just different.

Powder obviously has the potential to be more potent than tar. Both can be cut all to hell, so it's impossible to say which will be stronger in a given instance, but pure heroin IS powder.

both can vary in quality but black tar heroin has a more "dirty" high as people have said already. also, tar is horrible on the veins. if i had my choice it would be a pure-ish product, so powder would be the way to go, whichever provided the best high with the least amount of product. obviously pure white powder heroin hcl would be the best kind to have, and safest for the body and mind.

my experience has been that snorting east coast powder provides a longer and more euphoric dreamy buzz than california tar iv'ed. iv'ing tar provides a much more intense rush, but i hate how i nod out so much! i'm not a consistent heroin user, by the way, i just like to go on once or twice a year binges, and i eat norcos once every three months or so.

east coast user. I get both tar and powder, depending on whether I want to travel north or south to cop. I generally prefer the powder, as it breaks down better and doesn't feel as dirty, but sometimes the tar can be absolutely killer. Traditionally though, I can't get much of a rush off tar and the wd always seems worse somehow.

So yeah, I take what I can get, but prefer powder.

Good thread Vonchampz

All the tar I've had got me nodding and high but lacked the eupohoria of oxy, pod tea...hell, I even felt more euphoria from hydrocodone. What's the deal?

number of factors but really all comes down to how much cut is in it, whether it be tar or powder.

you can actually make tar into powder if you know what you doing.

i've seen it done once with pretty good results. i snorted it and it was straight. gave some to someone else who bangs and they said it was pretty good. now mind u we DID NOT cut it once it was made into powder form. which can only mean two things. either it was already cut or it loss some potency during processing. either way it was mediocre at best.

powder form really works the same way. had some that was torture, had some that was garbage. had some that was torture, but made into garbage from too much cut. had some that okay that made torture by cutting it with some torture. had some torture and some torture that was mixed and turned out to be just okay, go figure that one. had some torture that turned garbage after sitting a few days. it all come down to cut IMO period

^when you make tar into powder, you are "cutting" it by doing that in itself, by doing that, you are making it less pure. that is what the "cheese" shit in Dallas is, tar cut with whatever pill, usually tylenol pm.

also, just because you can make tar into a brown powder, it doesn't mean its the same as the powder they get on the east coast. in fact, it is nowhere near the same. east coast powder is some badass shit usually. tar cut with powder is absolute shit, way below tar IMHO.

I live on the East Coast and have been an I.V. Heroin user for two years; Never sniffed it, just went straight to the needle. About two months ago I got my hands on two grams of black tar from one of my dealers. I have always wondered what such a raw version of dope would be like and had always wanted to try it so I snatched it up at a cost much lower than grams of powder I am used to.

Wasn't sure of dosing so I decided to slowly titrate until I got to somewhere decent. The first little hunk I cut off... pretty small compared to the amount of powder I'm used to shooting (I'm clean now, only use about once a month or so and I still need to boot about 2-3 bags of ddecent powder to get thoroughly high) and it relly blew me away.

The high seemed a little more sloppy (re: fucked up). It seemed like my neck muscles ceased to function and my head flopped around like a caracature of a drunk. Maybe it was having 2g's on tap or maybe it was the nature of the tar but I fiended for that shit like I've never fiended for dope before. I carried my works and a little hunk with me to work every day (I work outside doing physical labor so I was shooting tar in portojohns and work trucks). I killed my stash and re-upped twice before detoxing myself.

The question I ask myself now is: If that was two grams of powder, would I have acted the same or would I have had more self control? If the former, why? I say I would in fact have not acted the same. The black tar just fucked me up much more at a lower dose and the euphoria was different than what I had done 1,000,000 times before; not more intense, just different.

If two grams of tar got you that fucked up, two grams of powder would probably kill you. A gram of tar =/= a gram of powder of equal potency. There is more heroin in a gram of powder than gram of tar of equal potency, which is also why it typically costs 4 - 5 times as much as a gram of tar. If 2 grams of powder wouldn't have gotten you as high as those 2 grams of tar, then the powder you get must be awful.

By the very nature of tar, it can never be even close to 100% pure, which is also why, say, if you had 2 grams, one of tar, one of powder, and both were 50% pure, there would be more diamorphine in the gram of powder. Powder can be absolutely pure, so most of the time, unless you are getting shit that is actually a gram of cut that's been cut with a little bit of heroin, it is going to be stronger than the tar.

Generally, the people who prefer tar prefer it because of the other opiate alkaloids in it, though most of them don't even realize it because they don't know these alkaloids exist in tar. These alkaloids change the nature of the high, which is why the high from powder and tar are also not the same.

That being said, comparing tar to powder is comparing apples to oranges.

Last edited:
Living on the West Coast, I have only shot tar and mexican brown powder and do not have any experience with east coast powder to compare but I have talked to many people who have used both pretty heavily. From what I hear the general consensus was that powder gives you a more clean high with a stronger more intense rush, while tar gives you a more of a dirty high with a stronger nod. Also I heard from a few people that tar tends to hold you longer, like you can go longer in between shots before you get sick with a tar habit over a powder habit. I have talked to people who prefer west coast tar and other people who prefer east coast powder. I guess its really just comes down to personal preference.

I'm not from the USA but I have some valid opinions on this subject.

I've tried dope from new jersey that was fucking amazing ... It's well known that purity wise(on average) the east has better dope... baltimore, philly, new york, new jersey.. all have some of the purest dope in the states... the west is known for black tar of varying quality and dirty dope... but, every geographic area has shitty dope and good dope so you really can't say east is always better than west.... but on average the east has better dope by far..

Unfortunately here in Canada smack isn't that big, especially in my part of the country, theres no dope, though friends of mine and coworkers laugh at me when I say theres no dope here... I'm pretty sure what they call "heroin" or think is heroin is just oxys or dillies crushed up and cut with something... Of course I don't know this I've never tried smack from my city but when/if I do I'll know right away if its the real deal.

In Canada the east dope is better than the west IMO, montreal dope is fuckin fire.

I wasn't comparing the two gram for gram regarding potency but rather how hard I fiended. Ususally when I get grams of powder they tend to be much stronger than singles or bundles per shot. I know they will get me in trouble.

I meant when I have a gram of good powder I can usually let it wait for AFTER work. When I had the tar I was waking up and shooting to the nod and then going to work and booting little match-head sized chunks whenever I had a chance at the jobsite or in the shop. I don't do that with pharms or powder. I can hook it up in the AM and then wait til the PM.

I guess my contribution to this post is A) It made me fiend like it was coke B) Made for a sloppy, drunken, drowsy high B) Was qualitativly different.

East coaster here. I dont shoot up anymore but i got to try tar twice in my time of doing it. I was not a fan. I never really had a bad experience with powder and i live in the midwest. Im deff. a fan of powder.

I do want to hear people's personal experience on powder vs tar and there different feel for each. For instance, I read due to tar being less refine, theres some other alkaloids in it making it feel more sedating...can anyone confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.