• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Hash; Which is Better: 'sticky', 'dry', 'hard', 'soft', 'solid', 'crumbly'?

muie

Bluelighter
I have access to a medical marijuana community party here in our town and was wondering which kind of hash is better and why?

1. Considering that the hash is good quality, which would be better if you could get the option; sticky, dry, hard, soft, solid, crumbly?

2. Out of those which would be the best and which would be the worst to have?

3. Is it true that dry or hard hash isn't as good as stickier or softer hash (hash that you can pull bit by bit with your hand)?
I have heard from people around this town that dry hash is very bad, or in other words hash that crumbles or is very hard! I have had even one dealer give it to me for almost half the price when his hash got hard enough not to be able to pull it apart bit by bit with your hand.

I live in a town where we have high grade weed but no good hash. I've only smoked 2 kinds of hash, one that was the worst thing on earth and that I actually thought the dealer had fooled me with a bunch of dried up mud. That hash was incredibly weak and it was dried to hell so much that if you touched it barely it would crumble like hell and it tasted awfull. The other hash I had was much better in comparison to the other hash. This hash was in pretty large solid chunks, it would be best described as 'soft' enough to be able to break apart your own little chunks from it. Not nearly as strong as a gram of high grade to mid grade weed or even low grade weed.

hash is like a fine wine & gets better with a good cure. ROCK hard hash in the shape of a craypod is usually Import & must be heated a little it to break off. Now a days if your seeing import its very cut up by the time it makes it to you; The Days of fine afghani import are now long past..

Bubble hash is by far the purest & a real connoisseur will face the first run with a wee bit of agitation to produce a true eater of days smoke.

Golden honey oil can be just as mind blowing but some veer away due to fear of harmful solvent residue left in the final product.

Dry sift is not as pure as bubble but often can pack a punch!

Blender hash is pail in comparison to bubble since they both work off the same principals, one is just hundreds of times more efficient.

ISO(Rubbing alchol) hash IMO is among the worst since the nastiness left & smoked by everyone who cant find higher 80%+ alcohol by volume.

at a guess the favorites ive experienced would have to be:
Sour N sage / east coast sour D / Double D
Chem Dawg(s)
Jack Herer
CAT PISS!!(<3)
G-13
mango Haze(super silver pheno Mr.Nice)
etc. etc.

Generally speaking the accumulated trichs(what hash is made out of) if high in purity & lacking little bits of plant material will be soft to the touch & press really easily & will bubble when it burns/melts- hence the term "full melt!"

Hash should be pretty strong. For example, if you smoke one gram of real hash, it should be MUCH more powerful than smoking a gram of weed (even if it's really good weed)

I have access to a medical marijuana community party here in our town and was wondering which kind of hash is better and why?

1. Considering that the hash is good quality, which would be better if you could get the option; sticky, dry, hard, soft, solid, crumbly?

2. Out of those which would be the best and which would be the worst to have?

3. Is it true that dry or hard hash isn't as good as stickier or softer hash (hash that you can pull bit by bit with your hand)?
I have heard from people around this town that dry hash is very bad, or in other words hash that crumbles or is very hard! I have had even one dealer give it to me for almost half the price when his hash got hard enough not to be able to pull it apart bit by bit with your hand.

I live in a town where we have high grade weed but no good hash. I've only smoked 2 kinds of hash, one that was the worst thing on earth and that I actually thought the dealer had fooled me with a bunch of dried up mud. That hash was incredibly weak and it was dried to hell so much that if you touched it barely it would crumble like hell and it tasted awfull. The other hash I had was much better in comparison to the other hash. This hash was in pretty large solid chunks, it would be best described as 'soft' enough to be able to break apart your own little chunks from it. Not nearly as strong as a gram of high grade to mid grade weed or even low grade weed.

since your in Toronto there is a good selection availilble.

If you have access to afganhi imports (gold/red seals) these are very good in canada. these are solid chunks of hash, dark and yummy.

there is also good bubble hash but inquire into what grade it is...

oil is very good, if made properly there are no solvents its very pure and while expensive it lasts forever cause tiny tokes are extremely potent.

I find that a good hash should be about 10 strong tokes (100mg each) while hot knived. For some that may be 15-20.

Go for variety and see what you like best.

med dope in tdot rocks

The best hash I have had was sand coloured and very easy to break up, soft and squidgy.

Full-melt hash is overrated. In my experience, quality typically coincides with color and softness/hardness. The best hash I've had in my entire life (sad to say my friend that makes it is in jail now :() has been a kind of light wood-lacquer shade of brown that is firm, but not so hard that it isn't malleable with your fingers. The smoke almost tastes like cinnamon and is ultra smooth.

I've seen a lot of hash that has been pressed just wayyyy too hard to the point where you need a fucking knife to get a piece off of a disc. That stuff is alright for putting in a hookah where it'll burn very slowly, but in a bong or pipe just gets burnt and gross-tasting.

hey Geist89 can you give me some tips for smoking hash in the hookah i got one and can get any tipe of hash becouse i live in portugal very near from marrocos :p

First time I smoked hash it was really soft almost like silly putty ans we just peeled off a big piece and packed it in the bong. Damn I was gone....

hey Geist89 can you give me some tips for smoking hash in the hookah i got one and can get any tipe of hash becouse i live in portugal very near from marrocos :p

I'll usually break up a couple grams into a couple pieces about as big as the nail on your pinky finger and mix it in with some good shisha that compliments the flavor. Typically a chocolate or cinnamon or vanilla flavor.

thank's a lot im going to try that this weekend but what about the high is beter then when you smoke in a joint ?

thank's a lot im going to try that this weekend but what about the high is beter then when you smoke in a joint ?

I typically don't put hash in joints because it burns so much more slowly than the bud itself, resulting in a slow, uneven burn. When I do, though, I usually roll a piece into a wire shape and surround it with bud.

The best way to smoke hash is a pipe, in my opinion.

Its going to be the consistency of putty, oily, and melt slowly when lit. The color will be dark grey/blue

Last edited:
Jesus guys this turned out to be a chemistry class of some sort and yet none provided me with a true answer...lol.
The only strains I can get, I have friends that have access to better medical hash/cannabis but the ones I am wanting to try are: Aroma Therapy, Green Slab, Purple Kush and Black Chunk. I have seen other outlets that provide patients and they charge too much for hash, around $20-$25g for top grade Afghani hash. The guys im willing to sample out have bubble hash for about $100/per 3.5g or so, though I know another vendor in a different city in Canada that will sell to patients 1g for $100 or something like that. I hear bubble hash is best done in a vaporizer so as not to waste the thc. I really like hashish and am going to be getting some soon which is why I asked on some advice. Dont know the grade of bubble hash tough.

To each his own is what I am concluding from this?!

p.s Not matter what sort of condition the hash is in a quarter gram of hash should definatley be stronger than a gram of weed?

I haven't had the goods to sample different forms of hash but good chunk hash seems to be an orgasm just for the taste and the effects are a whole new level..lol.

Jesus guys this turned out to be a chemistry class of some sort and yet none provided me with a true answer...lol.
The only strains I can get, I have friends that have access to better medical hash/cannabis but the ones I am wanting to try are: Aroma Therapy, Green Slab, Purple Kush and Black Chunk. I have seen other outlets that provide patients and they charge too much for hash, around $20-$25g for top grade Afghani hash. The guys im willing to sample out have bubble hash for about $100/per 3.5g or so, though I know another vendor in a different city in Canada that will sell to patients 1g for $100 or something like that. I hear bubble hash is best done in a vaporizer so as not to waste the thc. I really like hashish and am going to be getting some soon which is why I asked on some advice. Dont know the grade of bubble hash tough.

To each his own is what I am concluding from this?!

p.s Not matter what sort of condition the hash is in a quarter gram of hash should definatley be stronger than a gram of weed?
id pickup afhani hash and purple kush. had both and they are bomb.
100 for a hq of bubble is a good deal if its primeo shit.
100$ for 1g better be oil or budder, but thats a good deal.

indeed to each his own, explore until you find your favourite.

I can smoke a gram of great weed in one joint and be fucked. I can smoke a quarter gram of hash and be more blazed for sure.

und $20-$25g for top grade Afghani hash
Im not convinced this is true afghani import since that is pretty much done. Maybe an plant named afhani made into hash which will be bomb as well. The best quality hashish in the middle east hardly ever will make it out of the country since its among the finest of the finest head stash known to man(royalty has first dibs as well).

Last edited:
Im not convinced this is true afghani import since that is pretty much done. Maybe an plant named afhani made into hash which will be bomb as well but the true afghani is something special IMO & hardly ever makes it out of the country since its among the finest of the finest head stash known to man.

I live in the region of the OP. I can't comment on where you are but there is high end hash here. Not alot, but its around at times, its expensive but worth it.

Although there is also domestic afghani style hash produced in Canada, and some people like it better than the imports (its stupid expensive too).