• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Jaw pain and mdma

llama112

Bluelight Crew
I get a lot of jaw pain on MDMA. I have tried magnesium but haven't taken it regularly enough for it to make a difference. I'm taking it regularly now though. I'm not sure what is the recommended about to take or how often.
So I chew gum while rolling. But the thing is, I actually chew the gum. I know this is NOT what I should be doing. If I think about it, I'll stop. My bf often reminds me "hey stop chewing your gum! just leave it there!" but it is automatic and I will go back to chewing it. And while on m, I don't think about it enough, and I'll get distracted and I'll go back to chewing it. I don't know how to stop myself from chewing the gum.
Is there another practical solution besides gum that can help?
I'm also worried that I will eventually have permanent jaw damage or something. Is this likely? Sometimes my jaw will be sore for days after. This is probably the longest it has been (a week) and it's still kinda sore. But I don't want this to become a permanent thing. I have also heard about people having their jaws dislocated. Again, not something I would like to happen to me. So I'm not sure if this is something I should worry about.
I roll about once a month. I have pure molly. I don't want to go into details on WHY I know I have it (on a public forum :p) ... but I always do anymore. (When I started using I didn't but have an incredible source now.)

All in all ... my questions:

1. How often should I take a magnesium vitamin and how much? (regularly)
2. How do I stop myself from actually chewing the gum instead of just leaving it there?
3. Is there another solution (besides gum)?
4. Should I be worried about long term / permanent jaw damage?

Thank you in advance :)

1. i personally dont take magnesium but people that do say you should take it a week or two leading up to your roll, i suppose it needs to build up in your system but idk any of this from personal experience.
2. if your rolling youre going to chew and its better to chew gum than your face
3.binkies or mouth guards are often used to avoid damage to teeth. or my favorite find someone to tongue wrestle with ;)
perhaps your bf.
4. probably not but idk how seriously your chewing. however from personal experience getting a sore jaw a few times a month isnt going to kill you.

I just don't think about my jaw and it goes away, try that next time or, smoke a cig. really helps!

Thank you for the responses!
Ahh I don't smoke cigarettes aha :p. I don't think about my jaw during the roll but then it is painful after :p

I'm just kinda worried that something serious might happen.

Maybe I will stick with one vitamin a day then ... I'll do that ... I wasn't sure if I should do every other day or every day. I've been doing every day though because I will be doing m this upcoming weekend.
Hah I like the tongue wrestling idea!!! lol
Rats I dunno how my bf can do it though. We chew the same amount of gum (I know because I hold onto the gum and always give him gum whenever I have it myself). Binkies or mouthguards ... maybe ... will have to look into that :p

Chewing gum can leave you with a sore mouth but (if your chewing) its better to have something instead of chomping on your tounge/inner cheeks etc. If your going to use gum then remember to change it often as chewing all night on a hard lump of gum will make your jaw hurt all the more the following day.

If your using magnesium you can either take it on a daily basis or just take prior to dropping - its a good idea to take it daily as just taking a large dose prior to dropping can leave you with an upset stomach.

If your teeth are really grinding together then you are at risk from chipping them and/or wearing the enamel down etc so a mouth guard / binki etc may be for you.

Recently ive not been gurning and chewing for some reason, instead my mouth just goes and stays wide open. I cant shut it and im just having the best roll ever.....
Only thing thats changed in my diet is im drinking protein shakes now, and thats it....

But yeah its far better to chew on gum than on your mouth, lips, tounge, gums.. Trust me i know ive paired MDMA with ketamine and therefore didnt feel what i was doing lol... Very sore next day

I must stress this to yous though

Ive only rolled less than 10 times now, and im noticing my front teeth are chipped at the corners, so it will do harm even from a small amount of time...

Ive only rolled less than 10 times now, and im noticing my front teeth are chipped at the corners, so it will do harm even from a small amount of time...

I've only done it 5 times now and I can see several cracks in my molars. Last time someone pointed out that I was chewing very hard the whole evening. Going to try Magnesium for the next time, let's hope it helps. I still have to see a dentist, haven't been there for a while...

But I think you can indeed damage your teeth by using just a few times, it just depends on the person.

I'll testify to the tooth damage, I went through a period of heavy heavy usage and when that all ended it left me with one missing tooth and a couple cracked molars. :(

magnesium and pot are your friends,
also, don't strain your mouth to the point of pain,
probably harder said than done,
but i have found moderate use of mdma to have little to no side effects,
even during the experience,
if your shit is pure,
it should just be really chill.
no pain, or side effects,

I chew on my tongue. Not hard or anything, just enough to keep my jaw from clamping down. My tongue will be sore for a couple days after but it's a hell of a lot better than cracked molars.

as mentioned several times, a mouth guard like one boxers have will help with preventing you chipping your teeth, but its not very practical if you want to chat...

another idea, maybe a muscle relaxer like carisprodol or meprobamate could help, in theory

I'm not sure if you thought of this because its really common for people who are rolling, but a pacifier works really well.

It actually doesn't look as weird as you think, because I'm not sure if your aware, but there are some really freaking cool looking pacifiers out there! Like ones with lights or glow in the dark (those are very common), cool or funny designs on the outside, and you can just pop it out and talk to people whenever you want. Most people will understand that your just rolling and trying to protect your teeth in a comfortable way.

4. Should I be worried about long term / permanent jaw damage?

well we've all seen the scare tactics and propaganda showing worn out teeth etc, but a friend of mine who's been taking stimulants at least once or twice a month for the past 4 years (mdma, amphet, bkmd etc) has really poor teeth, the very back teeth in his mouth are pretty much just flat, like theres no sharp bits, and he's only in his early 20s.

I'm pretty sure meth can really damage teeth so mdma cut with meth therefore would damage teeth more than pure mdma. And perhaps other things that mdma is cut with.

Anyway, I took magnesium every day for two weeks. I was rolling on Saturday and my jaw did not clench or grind or anything! It was amazing! I was not rolling very hard but I was definitely rolling. My bf took the same amount as me and he was grinding. He won't take magnesium because the vitamins are too big. I'd rather deal with big vitamins than clenching/grinding. And so anyway I didn't have any jaw pain the day after! It was amazing!

I'm not 100% sure if it was the magnesium or that I didn't roll too hard (I've had other times where I didn't grind much and it wasn't an "amazing" roll). But I'm going to keep on taking the magnesium to see if it helps the next time!

I might get a pacifier too ... thanks for your ideas :)

I clench pretty bad sometimes. I believe I remember reading that MDMA stimulates a certain nerve that controls your jaw, so pure or not, you may still get clenching. That's the simple version, and I can't say with any certainty where I recall reading that. My teeth were in bad shape to begin with, but I've certainly done a bit of damage to them from rolling. I don't think it's on the same level as meth mouth though. I was always under the impression that many of the dental problems from meth stem from the fact that it burns so hot when it's smoked, after some MDMA experience though, I would imagine jaw clenching and grinding are also a big part of that problem.

Anyway, OP, I wouldn't worry about doing long term damage to your jaw. It will be sore for a few days at most, but rolling can undoubtedly have a pretty terrible effect on your teeth.

I'm pretty sure meth can really damage teeth so mdma cut with meth therefore would damage teeth more than pure mdma. And perhaps other things that mdma is cut with.

Anyway, I took magnesium every day for two weeks. I was rolling on Saturday and my jaw did not clench or grind or anything! It was amazing! I was not rolling very hard but I was definitely rolling. My bf took the same amount as me and he was grinding. He won't take magnesium because the vitamins are too big. I'd rather deal with big vitamins than clenching/grinding. And so anyway I didn't have any jaw pain the day after! It was amazing!

I'm not 100% sure if it was the magnesium or that I didn't roll too hard (I've had other times where I didn't grind much and it wasn't an "amazing" roll). But I'm going to keep on taking the magnesium to see if it helps the next time!

I might get a pacifier too ... thanks for your ideas :)

How much magnesium were you taking every day and did you space it out or have it in one go? I grind like an absolute monster an need some advice, it sounds like I have pebbles in my mouth when I roll haha. Last time I took 300mg of magnesium the day before and 300mg the day of the roll and I was still gurning badly although it might have helped a bit.

Thanks

How much magnesium were you taking every day and did you space it out or have it in one go? I grind like an absolute monster an need some advice, it sounds like I have pebbles in my mouth when I roll haha. Last time I took 300mg of magnesium the day before and 300mg the day of the roll and I was still gurning badly although it might have helped a bit.

Thanks

250 mg of calcium in the vitamins I've been taking
One a day every day for two weeks (I might have missed two days in there)
Try it out ... let me know how it works for you.
I'm not sure if it was the calcium or some other variable. I'm going to keep doing this though!
I've done it before where I've taken a vitamin one and two days before rolling and it doesn't do anything. Perhaps it needs to be more consistent.

I can't get over how nice it was ... no grinding ... my bf was like wtf you always grind like crazy ... nope not that time!