• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids vaping #4 heroin and oxy

robatussin

Bluelighter
I did not think it was worth it until I tried it, go ahead, flame away, I was able to use my scrapes to nod again, I think this way might be safest due to the amount used (specs) and might make your stash last longer.....same with OCs and believe me I never thought a pill could/should be smoked

Can anyone else back me up on this, I know it has been a heated (pun intended) point but I am not a troll, look at how long I have been here. If you know how to base.....be careful with dose...... (I would put way more in a rig than on tin)

This really isn't od material, and you loose all credibility no matter how long you've been here for posting this LOL..But for what it's worth, I heard some morons were smoking opana because the boiling point is like 425 degrees, dont do it, little kittens will die!

you can smoke dope......dont smoke pills......

and hydrochron - no need to try and attack his credibility... hes still got more than you....

This really isn't od material, and you loose all credibility no matter how long you've been here for posting this LOL..But for what it's worth, I heard some morons were smoking opana because the boiling point is like 425 degrees, dont do it, little kittens will die!

Smoking Oxy and Opana is an inefficient means of ingestion, and it can't be at all good for your lungs. But it does provide a quick and intense effect - and for those who are more interested in the rush than in the legs of their high, it may be worth the waste and the health risks. Given my druthers, I'd rather put my Opana up my nose than in my pipe. But if the OP feels differently, it's no skin off my ass.

I think it's a waste, a pill isn't meant to be smoked no matter what. Opium is meant to be smoked, black tar. But not a pill. I dont IV but I would try it if I was forced to choose between smoking and shooting. Plus I get a good little rush just from snorting.

So to each there own, the idea of somone smoking a pill is just a big turn off to me. So to each his own.

smoking oh sea is so kooooooo<3.... n im prety sure u would nod out b4 you could smoke enough 2 od... hard times? scrape tooters oo wee i love the campfire taste

I did not think it was worth it until I tried it, go ahead, flame away, I was able to use my scrapes to nod again, I think this way might be safest due to the amount used (specs) and might make your stash last longer.....same with OCs and believe me I never thought a pill could/should be smoked

Can anyone else back me up on this, I know it has been a heated (pun intended) point but I am not a troll, look at how long I have been here. If you know how to base.....be careful with dose...... (I would put way more in a rig than on tin)

at 1st i thought u were talkin about vaping as in like with a weed vape.

but if ur just using foil then that last sentence where i highlighted 'tin' dont make any sense

smokin H can be wasteful n it def doesnt have any higher BA then IV, nothing has a higher BA then IV

js

I like how some people are so robotic on this issue. It's not something I've tried nor something I plan on doing, but to say that smoking a pill is a horrible idea is poorly thought out.

Smoking any plant material will be much worse than smoking a pill - excepting perhaps those that contain silica, though you'd have to be using a lot to need to worry about silicosis!

Smoking will produce much better BA than any other route excepting IV. The only issue is rate of decomp at temp. Some molecules handle it well, some don't. Nicotine doesn't (fortunately), morphine and heroin seem to. Oxycodone and oxymorphone have very similar structures, but whether they hold up well under heat is hard to say without people trying it. I suspect they'll do fine enough to make this not a stupid thing to do, though dose will probably need to be 20-30% over IV to account for decomp and decreased BA.

^ you can keep heat down with proper technique, with the lighter and by using smaller amounts at once (product)........

ive smoked oc, so i know im no robot....but i do agree that people are crazy about this topic....

Certain drugs r meant for smoking and oxys or any pill is def not, either swallow, snort or boot it, I don't recommend bootin cuz you'll just fall in love with it ha ha

Smoking any plant material will be much worse than smoking a pill - excepting perhaps those that contain silica, though you'd have to be using a lot to need to worry about silicosis!

Smoking will produce much better BA than any other route excepting IV.

Im sry but this is just wrong.

First of all, smoking ANY pill, is worse than smoking a plant material such as weed or any other average plant material you can come up with. I cant even fathom where you got the idea that smoking a pill is better than smoking organic material such as plants. I really dont even know where to start here because its just so damn obvious your wrong.

Also, smoking opiates(off of foil is usually how its done) basically charrs like 1/3 of all the opiate alkaloids that are in whatever substance your smoking, be it pill, or tar...it doesnt matter...the only reason people have gotten it into there minds that smoking tar is allright is because it looks similar to opium and opium IS smoked so people made that connection LONG ago and ever since, they have thought that smoking tar is effective and safe, which it is neither.
So, first off, whatever pill your smoking, most of it gets burnt away either because you burnt it yourself into a useless charred piece of shit, or the smoke vapors got whisked away from your "tooter".....and whatever smoke you do inhale damages your lungs waaay more than you realize, silica or not.
Of course it will get you a good high/rush, its hitting the blood vessels through your lungs getting into your bloodstream and into your brain very quickly.
But that doesnt change the fact that you have allready wasted alot of your drugs without even being aware of it, and most people just think that the fact they got a good quick rush out of it is the reason why they have to buy more of it quicker than if they would have snorted it, or IV'ed it. But the truth is, the rush may be nice from smoking it, but it is an extremely short high compared to ANY other ROA and it damages your lungs horribly.

No, smoking a pill is not more dangerous than random plant material. Do a little looking into what plant material breaks down into when smoked. It's a huge list of compounds and most are carcinogenic. Now do the same for the tiny list of compounds contained in a pill. Most of these break down into harmless crap, some minor carcinogens, and some vaporize first (vaporized compounds are just compounds, so they're not concerns either).

Organic materials - sugars, proteins, etc- are far worse.

james, Ham offered sound scientific rationale to back up his position and your response was-

Im sry but this is just wrong.

First of all, smoking ANY pill, is worse than smoking a plant material such as weed or any other average plant material you can come up with. I cant even fathom where you got the idea that smoking a pill is better than smoking organic material such as plants. I really dont even know where to start here because its just so damn obvious your wrong.

You offer absolutely no supporting evidence why we should believe you over ham.

Ignoring the inefficiency and JUST focusing on the relative harmfulness of smoking plant material versus pills, if this is so obvious then you should have absolutely no trouble finding a plethora of sources to back up your position. In the absence of this, people have no choice but to think you're just spouting rhetoric sans support and really don't have a reason to believe you over hammilton. You're move.

Additionally, the OP was actually talking about vaporization, not smoking. The difference may seem moot, but it's not actually. The compounds basically boil and the resulting vapors are inhaled. Some compounds (sugars, for instance) will gasify. They break down into various compounds. Some are dangerous, some aren't.

Does anyone know off-hand what some Oxy IR pill (one without APAP or an NSAID) weighs, roughly? I want to guess that the total weight to active weight results in a >5% active concentration. That's about as good as plant materials get (marijuana may be up to 30%, but that's a rarity, most is in the 1 to 10% range, IIRC). Does anyone know what this is for opium? Heroin can be anywhere from 1 to 90%+ pure, but what's the average concentration now? I'd guess 10 to 30%, but it's really something I have no knowledge of any more.

Vaporizing should always be better and safer. Smoking will indeed cause a serious destruction in active compounds. That's because very high heat is applied directly, and the compound will actually be consumed in flame. That won't happen when vaporizing, but some will break down into something else if it gets hot enough. That's hardly a surprise though.

^excellent points to add.

There is an opioid mass thread in the directory that has active:inactive weight ratios and overall weight for a handful of pills. I'm on my phone at work, otherwise I'd grab the figure(s) for you.

I believe its rare to find cannabis domestically (in the US) that is over 14% THC but I don't know how much of the plant is comprised of other cannabinoids... Furthermore the 14% figure does not take into account medical marijuana or its effect on potency in areas where its legally permitted.

Vaporizing should always be better and safer. Smoking will indeed cause a serious destruction in active compounds. That's because very high heat is applied directly, and the compound will actually be consumed in flame. That won't happen when vaporizing, but some will break down into something else if it gets hot enough. That's hardly a surprise though.

Also a good point Ham about the fact that using foil depends highly on the method. Once a kid was not getting smoke till I told the lighter guy to just touch the tip of the flame to the bottom of the foil....then it went off. like a smoke bomb the inhaler could not handle it.

Vaporizing has been proven to reduce toxic and carcinogenic by-products. This also reduces the amount of carbon-monoxide produced because vaporizers do not use combustion. Using combustion you have to use a larger amount of material, and causes a lower bio availability. Plants contain byproducts that are harmful when smoked also. Same with THC in cannabis, you dont know the THC% to plant ratio and other compounds that are in the plant.. as with the majority of other plants, it all depends on how they are grown, where there from, what chemicals were used in the growing process and much more factors. So really, smoking plants isn't any safer than smoking pills.

If you head over here you'll find the weight ratios that cane were going to post earlier.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-508296.html

Opana ER 40mg --- 240 (sin coating ~ 215-220) --- [18.4%]

Opana ER 30mg --- 235 (sin coating ~ 210-215) --- [14.1%]

Opana IR 10mg --- 220 --- [4.5%]

Opana IR 5mg --- 220 --- [2.3%]

Oxycontin 80mg --- 256 (sin coating ~ 240?) --- [33.3%]
(Purdue)

Oxycontin 40mg --- 130 (sin coating ~ 122) --- [32.8%]
(Purdue)

Oxycodone IR 30mg --- 130 --- [23%]
(Mallinckrodt)

Oxycodone IR 15mg --- 125 --- [12%]