• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Who here has weighed heroin before?

exit56

Bluelighter
Im talking about dope out of the northeast, specifically Newark, or anywhere where they sell bags of light brown powder heroin in stamped wax paper bags.

Let me also start off by saying, I know a single bag is supposed to weigh .1g / 100mg

BUT my question is: Has anyone ever actually weighed a bag or a bundle on their own? id especially be interested to know if you used a good scale, with more than a .0 or just tenth of a gram reading.

So, what did it weigh out to? Im interested to see if the bags are really what they are 'supposed' to be, or said to be. I remember one time a while back weighing a bag, but it was before i even knew what they were supposed to weigh. I believe I weighed it full and then later empty and tried to figure it out like that, as opposed to weighing the straight powder. I remember the bag weighing out to like a .3 or something, but i dont remember how much the dope weighed. and i dont have access to a scale right now, or obviously id weigh it myself.

I want to hear your stories and opinions!

(and a SIDE NOTE, if you weighed it, or even if not i guess, how would you rate the dope on a 1-10 scale [use the scale lacey k posted in the stamp thread in drug culture as a reference] and how would you rate the true purity as a percentage...i know this obviously wont be very accurate...)

Heroin on the East Coast doesn't only necessarily come in a light brown color, it is also off-white powder sometimes as well.

As for your question, those bag weights vary so much its impossible to say how close they usually are to 0.1g. Bags can have .05 or less up to .3 even, just depends on your source, and the quality of the heroin i suppose.

I'm guessing this depends pretty much entirely on the particular dealer....which won't be consistent anywhere

I think, most of the time, people just "eyeball" bags. Or, the dealer starts off with a large amount, decides how much money he wants to make, and splits the dope into bags so that the numbers add up.

About the only time anyone actually "weighs" dope is when a decent chunk is involved. Like a gram or more.

Moral of the story: For the sake of HR, NEVER assume that your little baggie has exactly .1 grams of Diacetylmorphine. Especially when it comes to "strange" dope. If it's new stuff, your safest bet is to just do small bumps at a time.

^
I'm not sure exactly where its suited for. Of course people have weighed heroin.
Typically bags are short, and even if each bag did indeed weigh .1, that doesn't mean there's .1 diamorphine in there...probably like .02 diamorphine.

Binge Artist, nah that aint how its done out here. There is a little spoon/scoop that is used to measure out the dope into bags. There used to be these little stirrer things at McDonalds that they would use , one scoop per bag but those aint around no more. bags out here are a pretty consistent thing, they might not be uniform in size but in general, a "bag" of dope aint just the name of the packaging, a "bag" is a unit here in new jersey. IDK how else to explain it, but it aint like you say "oh let me get a bag of dope" and it could be like 0.5 to 10 grams, it aint like let me get a .5 bag or a 3.5 bag. a bag is 1/10th of a bundle which in theory is one gram of powder (not heroin, but watever mix of powder and cut) but bags are a unit of measure not a random one size fits all thing like it is for weed, where you say i want to get a bag of weed and then say the size bag you want, U feel me?

Anywasy like i said in the stamp thread, i kno someone with a milligram scale and a few of the bags from Nwk that have seen that scale was pathetic, on some 30, 60 milligram type shit, then there was some paterson ones (red michael jackson) that was consistently at or over 100mg so it really depends, and i aint saying those cities to say either one got bigger bags cuz that was compeltely random it just happened to be that way those 2 times. other times the situation would be reversed, but i can tell you that bags used to be bigger from when i started using to now adays they aint as big as they once was in like 03 04 in paterson.

^Where I'm from, heroin is not a "standardized" thing. It is, somewhat, in Indianapolis, but that's a good minute away from me.

Here, what happens is, the dealers make trips to Indy, and bring back a decent amount. Then, you call them up and say "Ay yo, Mr. Dealer. I've goy $XX burning a hole in my pocket. Hook me up." Then, you go into their garage, they scoop out a little pile, and say "Is that cool?" Then you say, "Not really, but I guess it will have to do".

ahhh...sux to be yall then. here, buyin dope is like gettin something from 7-11

BUT my question is: Has anyone ever actually weighed a bag or a bundle on their own? id especially be interested to know if you used a good scale, with more than a .0 or just tenth of a gram reading.
To be fair, this won't mean anything unless we're talking about pure heroin, or a known purity (which is impossible to know if you're getting street grade heroin - your dealer can be honest but who did he get it from? How does he know if they cut it or not?)

i know this obviously wont be very accurate...)

Well, if you know that, then have fun. %)

just because its not completely accurate doesn't mean it takes the meaning away from the discussion. everyones opinions on here are just that anyway, opinions. we all know dope is cut differently by dealer and by bag, some shit is fire but probably weighs less, and some shit probably is a .3 of garbage. thats not what i was asking though. i asked if anyone actually weighed their shit.

someone who has been doing dope for years can make an educated guess about the purity, and then if then know the weight you could work from there. maybe they cant name a percentage, but given the two factors, you can definitely come to a decent conclusion. i would think, like lacey said, that a bag is a standardized measure. its not just some dealer throwing a little bit in and thinkin..yeah that looks good. shit is short sometimes, but im not talking about sometimes. im talking about bags, legit bags, of average size, cut a little bit, but still mostly dope. when i think of nj dope thats what i think of.

im sure no bags are exactly .1 of heroin. i would think they are probably on average .1 though, and of a different cut. thats more typical than varying sizes of an totally unknown purity.

shit in newark is pretty standard. its just like a fuckin convenience store. you dont really find shitty bentley bags like you might farther out in the burbs that are .2 of 5% pure dope. there are enough dealers in newark that there isn't actually as much variance between bags as someone might think.

even with all that said..maybe im wrong..but again..has anyone else actually weighed their bags? if so, how was the dope as far as quality?

In Europe Copenhagen Denmark. The brown heroin had a huge revival, because of a lot has begun to smoke it to.
Anyway your question regarding knowing how mutch your getting, can i tell you everyone knows pretty well..
Its either done by electric or pasola scale (pasola is a Dutch/Netherland manual type thing pretty cumin in Denmark an northern part of Europe.
They make a bag of pretty much any kind of paper. But not gloss because of it can ruin the dope.
They use a special folding technique(were you have a square make to corners meet each other so you have a triangle,Put the dope in the middle an make the two triangle corners meat each other,Take the top tip and bend it over and put it in the hole in the bottom and it´s sealed) Don´t know if that was explained okay?
You bye either one quarter of a gram or a half or one gram, and it´s god quality to a very fair price.. Pasola´s is as said before in many households, so you tjeck ones a while and its nearly every time right on the money. (Sorry for spelling)

Lol down here in the dirty south I have seen my dealer make out the bags its really kinda scary he just took a spoon and dumped the powder into the bag takes a look at it then hands it to me. The bags down here are 20 a piece so I guess the profit margins are high enough that a miligram scale is unnecesary.

I remeber those McDonakds spoons it used to be 3 scoops for a decent bag , then people started scraping the edges of the spoons down greedy fucks !
Then one day i go in Mc D onalds and they have stopped giving out the spoons.
Around my way you should get anywhere beetween 0.1g to 0.3g depending on the cut .

The only time I've had to weight dope was when I was coping multiple grams of raw. Weighting a bag is pretty pointless, cause that doesn't determine the amount of active product. It's like the whole double-triple stack ordeal with ecstasy.

when i was in rehab they asked me all these questions about how much heroin would i do - in weight. the h (blows) i get are in gel caps and believe me the idea of weighing them never crosses my mind when im doing it. i also don't put the empty capsules in a pile and count them. i go by how many i get for x amount of money. the councelor got so aggrivated that i didn't know how much weight i used. hell, i only have a bathroom scale and if i was using enough to weigh, it would have to be packaged in either a big freezer size ziplock or eyeballed in some crumpled up wal-mart bag.

Wow haven't heard about the McDonalds coffee scoop in a long time, but those where the best.

There is a little spoon/scoop that is used to measure out the dope into bags. There used to be these little stirrer things at McDonalds that they would use

I remeber those McDonakds spoons it used to be 3 scoops for a decent bag , then people started scraping the edges of the spoons down greedy fucks !
Then one day i go in Mc D onalds and they have stopped giving out the spoons.

Wow haven't heard about the McDonalds coffee scoop in a long time, but those where the best.

You can get the McDonalds spoons on ebay still, I thought that was pretty funny. Didn't know about the spoons til I saw a dude in rehab get his taken away when he was checking in, and my "friend" there told me thats what they used to weigh out bags... They were all NYC people btw.

Last time we weighed a bag, it was, I I remeber well, like 800mg, instead of 1g. It's always less, unless the dealer is really very drunk.

I always buy by the gram or more so I normally weigh out what I buy on a grain scale which is very accurate,1 grain=60mg and it is accurate to within .01 grains so that is very very accurate and my normal people I always use weigh their shit out on digitals or triple beams and on a gram it normally weighs out without the bag to be about 950mg to 1100 mg ,so they are very close to be straight up,the scales they use would say 1 gram but it is not as accurate so at least I know my regular people are doing it up as striaight as their scales allow,plus we are personal buddys ,or at least I am with the main guys so,whoever out of their crew serves me some H,will give me the weighed out proper shit,because if not and I complain to the shot callers I know well,then the guy who served me gets disciplined by the crew leaders.These are organized people tho,and it's business and loyalty is important to the big dogs and so I am lucky they make sure I get it good..