• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Iving Bupe from the vet

animals get more opiate scripts than ppl now days.

I need to go find a fucked up cat and take it to the vet

seriously, the most awful thing you can do as a person is to steal your pets pain meds and leave it in pain.

It's a solution made for oral use though. It's not good to inject liquid oxydone or morphine or methadone intended for human oral use. I can't see why Cat grade oral bupe liquid would be any different.may even be worse...I noticed they tend to use the antagonist/agonists on cats, like buprenorphine,butorphanol etc.i think because kitty's can't tolerate morphine.
I see this response alot. But do you have any other reason then "it says oral so it must not be good for IV" Thats not really a sound scientific hypothesis that using a preconceived notion based on bias; which is not science.

To make an IV solution you add the drug and sterile NaCL water solution. The oral may contain other ingredients or may not contain salt. You can look up the NDC number on the bottle or read that little folded up papaer stuck to the bottle to find out what else is in it. It may be just the drug and water. In which case it would be ok to shoot and if you are really particular you could measure out the correct amount of salt although I always use 0.9% NaCl for my injection I hve used water and was fine. You wouldn't want to use straight water long term although most IV addicts do their whole lives.

Another thing I see "Don't inject pills unless they are made specifictly for injecting" There are no pills in existance that are made to be IV'ed. So every pill is not made to be shot by this logic. I shoot pills everyday: SAFELY. I use lots of filters and sterile 0.9% salene made for IV's. I filter out everything except for trace amounts of dye and the drug itself. Everything is kept sterile.

Shooting pill is not dangerous: Ignorance of how to filter it and how to keep it clean of bacteria and using tap water is. I got one infection IV'ing and it was the one time I had to use tap water.

seriously, the most awful thing you can do as a person is to steal your pets pain meds and leave it in pain.

yet that is exactly what the medical system/DEA/government is doing to every human being in pain right now because of people injecting street fent. Sorry but if I lose my job because I miss work because my back is hurting too much and society believes its better to lose my job/insurance rather than take a pain pill for a few weeks, then my wife and cat are both homeless

I see this response alot. But do you have any other reason then "it says oral so it must not be good for IV" Thats not really a sound scientific hypothesis that using a preconceived notion based on bias; which is not science.

To make an IV solution you add the drug and sterile NaCL water solution. The oral may contain other ingredients or may not contain salt. You can look up the NDC number on the bottle or read that little folded up papaer stuck to the bottle to find out what else is in it. It may be just the drug and water. In which case it would be ok to shoot and if you are really particular you could measure out the correct amount of salt although I always use 0.9% NaCl for my injection I hve used water and was fine. You wouldn't want to use straight water long term although most IV addicts do their whole lives.

Another thing I see "Don't inject pills unless they are made specifictly for injecting" There are no pills in existance that are made to be IV'ed. So every pill is not made to be shot by this logic. I shoot pills everyday: SAFELY. I use lots of filters and sterile 0.9% salene made for IV's. I filter out everything except for trace amounts of dye and the drug itself. Everything is kept sterile.

Shooting pill is not dangerous: Ignorance of how to filter it and how to keep it clean of bacteria and using tap water is. I got one infection IV'ing and it was the one time I had to use tap water.

I dunno man, I'd have to say oral formulations are usually not ideal for IV injection.They usually have dyes and flavour added. Sugars etc.and I don't know about the animal solutions, but every pet I had has spit out bitter tasting medicine and it had to be masked. Which makes me think perhaps it might have some sort of flavour

I don't think injecting solutions made for oral consumption like 10 mg/ml methadone liquid, or Oramorph or OxyFast liquid would be good to IV at all, especially chronically over a long time