• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd day in a 6 day taper, had 4 8 and 8 again today, held me good, gonna ask for 6 tomorrow as I can handle the mild withdrawal and don't want to make the drop from 2 to 0 too hardcore.

Plan to do 4 8 8 6 4 2 if the docs will let me, they wanted to do 4 8 12 8 4 4 which is bs, that would leave me where I started, if 4 only just holds me when I start, increase my tolerance then bring me down and they expect I will be better off somehow? makes no sense.

has been on suboxone for 3 months 16mg/day. Would someone with experience tell me how long they need to wait to do an 80.? last dose was yesterday at 11am.

Last edited:
has been on suboxone for 3 months 16mg/day. Would someone with experience tell me how long they need to wait to do an 80.? last dose was yesterday at 11am.

I get so tired of these questions. There are a hundred threads like this asking this EXACT question. USE THE SEARCH! Don't be lazy.

Wait 9600 hours and i guarantee you will get high.

2ce tken 16 mg oral after my sub coxrxxx

aftemy daily 2 mg subs . is this safe ?​

Well, the problem is 16mg is a large dose.

I would wait another day - then you should definitely get at least most of the effects from the 80.

To be honest, it varies a lot person to person - so I don't want you to waste your OC. When you feel like you're in severe enough WD from the buprenorphine would probably be a fine enough time to take the OC, but I don't use OC's (nor any other opiates) anymore so I couldn't for sure say for myself, let alone you.

I am glad you posted this question in this thread instead of creating your own - thank you for doing that.

I guess this specific kind of question gets asked a lot around here and some of us find it very "exhausting" to have to answer these sorts of questions. I definitely don't mind so I try to answer everyone's questions, and I do miss a few here and there and I am sorry to anyone who I've managed to not get to - if I miss your post, point it out to me again and I'll make sure to get to you.

2ce tken 16 mg oral after my sub coxrxxx

aftemy daily 2 mg subs . is this safe ?​

This should be just fine - I have combined buprenorphine and phenethylamines before - great combo. You'll have fun.​

Coming Off Suboxone

I had tapered myself down to 4mg a day, then got locked up :( Of course, in our fucked up court system, they wouldn't give me my suboxone. The last dose I took was Monday night. My withdrawals weren't bad at all but they've been getting worse instead of better I guess due to bupe's long half-life. How long does this last? I've been using benzos to help me through it.

I take it you are out of jail and also out of suboxone? Suboxone has long, mild WD's IME, much like methadone. I tapered from 24mg a day down to 2mg a day once and experienced about a month of WD's. I had been on the 24mg dose for quite some time though.....YMMV...

i dont know how many people would recomend this, but i have tramadol sittin around for suboxone use. I take it before i go on suboxone to ease a transition into it becuase there are no precipitated withdrawls with tramadol and suboxone, and I use it to get off suboxone if i immediatly runout, just dont get hooked on tramadol. And as far as i know you can order it online and itll come to you with a prescription.

I had to quit cold turkey in rehab. Came off of 4mg and I was better in about 5 days. Very mild withdrawals. Anxiety and your heart is going pretty quick. I dont see how you can experience and entire month of withdrawals I was perfectly fine in no longer than a week

Hey so a question for those have tapered down to LOW LOW doses <.5 mg. I tapered for roughly 2 months off of oxy and methadone. I felt great with my attitude and what not and well being, not sick. The thing that is affecting me this time is the PAWS. I know you get super anxious and all that Jazz. Ive experienced no sub WD and regular cold turkey. This taper though has made me feel like WAY more anxious and thinking negative about what Ive done in life compared to say a cold turkey WD. Day 7 is today and I did not get the anxiety until day 4 since day 4 each day has been tougher to deal with mentally.
Im just really lost in my head my friend killed himself when I was using and many other things, and I just feel super not right. Can anyone explain to me the PAWS for suboxone and how long the "taper Withdrawl" lasts? This is my second sub taper like this in a year n a half, and I just do not remember feeling like life has passed me by this much ever! Please tell me this is temporary?

--Also--to TOADAILLY if you read this I could not reply to your message, alas I did and answered all questions regarding the SUB question, but it would not let me send it

I had to quit cold turkey in rehab. Came off of 4mg and I was better in about 5 days. Very mild withdrawals. Anxiety and your heart is going pretty quick. I dont see how you can experience and entire month of withdrawals I was perfectly fine in no longer than a week

Its very easy too experience long w/d's on Suboxone. I have been on it since January of this year at an average of 6 mg per day. I have actually posted here about trying too get off of it but sadly I did not suceed last time. I got about 10 days worth of various meds (valium, clonodine, flexeril etc..) from my doc and when they ran out I was in the worst part of the w/d's and went right back on my Subuxone. Every person has a different reaction too drugs and w/d's. Remember what is at the bottom of every Erowid page. Know your mind - Know your body - Know your drug.

Im on the 5th day of my taper, going quite well I must say. Went 48864 and tomorrow will be 2. Hopefully the WD from 2mg isn't too nasty and won't last more than a couple of days. 4mg is holding me well at the moment, just a few chills and big pupils in the morning when its worn off.

No longer craving and I am getting lots of work done, wish I got on the bupe program 6 months ago. Guess the next few days will be the testament to how well it works though.

Wish me luck (again heh)

Hey so a question for those have tapered down to LOW LOW doses <.5 mg. I tapered for roughly 2 months off of oxy and methadone. I felt great with my attitude and what not and well being, not sick. The thing that is affecting me this time is the PAWS. I know you get super anxious and all that Jazz. Ive experienced no sub WD and regular cold turkey. This taper though has made me feel like WAY more anxious and thinking negative about what Ive done in life compared to say a cold turkey WD. Day 7 is today and I did not get the anxiety until day 4 since day 4 each day has been tougher to deal with mentally.
Im just really lost in my head my friend killed himself when I was using and many other things, and I just feel super not right. Can anyone explain to me the PAWS for suboxone and how long the "taper Withdrawl" lasts? This is my second sub taper like this in a year n a half, and I just do not remember feeling like life has passed me by this much ever! Please tell me this is temporary?

--Also--to TOADAILLY if you read this I could not reply to your message, alas I did and answered all questions regarding the SUB question, but it would not let me send it

It sounds like you're having a little bit of anxiety stemming from life events; this is normal. I understand what it's like to be under extreme circumstances which lead one to being much more negative and anxious than normal.

I'm not sure how long it'll last for you - if you utilize social support and talk to people who can help you through this it shouldn't last too long.

I haven't ever experienced PAWS, so I don't really have much more info I can give you - sorry.

question: does promethazine potentiate bupe?

It can. Some people feel that H1 antagonists (classic antihistamines) do potentiate buprenorphine rather nicely - others feel that the tiredness/nodding side effect from the combination takes away from the stimulating edge buprenorphine has - hence why not everyone would say "yes" to the question.

But, if you are looking for nods and relaxation, maybe a day time nap, then yes, it does potentiate it.

Im on the 5th day of my taper, going quite well I must say. Went 48864 and tomorrow will be 2. Hopefully the WD from 2mg isn't too nasty and won't last more than a couple of days. 4mg is holding me well at the moment, just a few chills and big pupils in the morning when its worn off.

No longer craving and I am getting lots of work done, wish I got on the bupe program 6 months ago. Guess the next few days will be the testament to how well it works though.

Wish me luck (again heh)

I know what you mean though - I should have jumped on Suboxone a long, long time ago - and I really wish I would have. I probably should have gotten on Suboxone at least 6, maybe 9 months before I actually did. However I don't like to think about what I "should have" done, instead, I like to think about how I'm doing what I need to now, and getting that done makes me feel a lot better.

I'm glad that 4mg is holding you nicely - 2mg shouldn't be that bad for you.

Best of luck man - I'm interested to hear how this goes for you - most people opt for the long taper schedule instead of a rapid one.

Last edited:
[
Best of luck man - I'm interested to hear how this goes for you - most people opt for the long taper schedule instead of a rapid one.

Yeah it was either 6 day taper or I had to do inpatient for 2 weeks then I could stay on maintenance as long as I wanted. My problem wasn't bad enough to warrant that and it would disrupt my life too much, not to mention I want to be off this stuff as soon as possible.

Cheers for the support anyway captain heroin, this thread is full of great info.

Yeah it was either 6 day taper or I had to do inpatient for 2 weeks then I could stay on maintenance as long as I wanted. My problem wasn't bad enough to warrant that and it would disrupt my life too much, not to mention I want to be off this stuff as soon as possible.

Cheers for the support anyway captain heroin, this thread is full of great info.

I know different clinics do it differently - I was going to get on Suboxone one day, then some stupid doctor told me I had to come back 3 days later - still not having taken any more heroin - so I could enter IN PATIENT for a full day.

I laughed at him and demanded my money back. Certainly if I wasn't going to get Suboxone for my money, I was going to get heroin.

He was a quack really.

The doctor I found - he prescribes you a few 2mg pills the first day to test how you'll react - you take the first one in front of him - after that you go home. If you come back alive the next day you get your 8mg pill prescription - easy as that. No drug tests, no huge 3 figure dollar amounts owed to anyone - just as easy as going to a doctor for anything else.

Though, if it really came down to doing in patient V 6 day taper, the 6 day taper would definitely be the better option.

I was unwilling to do in-patient, and I was unwilling to do any of the other dumb shit things some Suboxone doctors do - but there's enough Suboxone doctors (at least in my area) so you can easily get what you want - polite, correctly priced out patient treatment.

Sometimes I wonder if a 6 day taper would have been better for me, but I'm kind of glad I've stuck to buprenorphine for this long - I really don't want to relapse at all and I think being on buprenorphine for over a year, for me, was the right decision since I was on heroin for about 11 and a half months.

I do try to have this thread be rather informative for people who use Suboxone for maintenance or pain management (or even just to get high), so thank you for the compliment.

It can. Some people feel that H1 antagonists (classic antihistamines) do potentiate buprenorphine rather nicely - others feel that the tiredness/nodding side effect from the combination takes away from the stimulating edge buprenorphine has - hence why not everyone would say "yes" to the question.

But, if you are looking for nods and relaxation, maybe a day time nap, then yes, it does potentiate it.

Well, I've been taking it daily for about a week. I didn't take any yesterday, but tonight I didn't take any more or less than my dosing the previous few days but had a sip of promethazine and I feel great. No headache, and no nausea.

Last edited:
I've been tapering off bupe for a few months now, and just quit altogether because I moved across the country and only had a limited amount to get off with. Anyways, I was taking approximately .3 to .4mg insuffulated at the last dose (8mg Sub split into about 20 pieces), and even that small amount is causing fairly unpleasant w/ds.

My question is, has anyone been on this low of a dose and had experience with the length of w/d? I hear 15 days or more, but I'm hoping this is not the case as I'm taking 5 college courses and working full time. Oh yeah, and the fact that I'm tapering off clonazepam at the same time makes me fucking irritable, especially when I take more to ease the bupe withdrawl...

Another thing, I thought I was being smart, digging myself out of the huge hole I created for myself by gradually tapering both drugs. How the hell are you supposed to get off Suboxone, when you're breaking the pills down as small as is feasible? I read about 6part7 using loperamide, which is probably what I'm about to try, but what is the actual medical method to get off?

Status
Not open for further replies.