• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why do people bother to snort xanax

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahsweets

Bluelighter
I would never do this because its a waste but why do some people say this works? Is it placebo? I was just curious.

people smoke oxies aswell, some people are just dumb

the best ROA is oral anyway

It will work, but only because some amount of the substance will drip down the user's throat and into his or her stomach.

Why do people do it? Because people need to be sure that they are not the one in one hundred million for whom snorting Xanax is more effective. Hell, I have snorted both Xanax and Klonopin, knowing full well that the oral biovailability is greater. I learned that, in fact, yes, everything I have been told is true and snorting benzos like alprazolam and clonazepam is a waste. But hey, why not give it a try?

What I cannot understand is why anyone would empty the beads from out of an Adderall XR capsule and snort them. That makes no sense at all to me, and not to be a prick, but snorting a substance that is not even a powder but beads is just absolute stupidity.

When you really think about it, the oral bioavailability is greater for most substances, even oxycodone. The only substance coming to mind right now that really needs to be snorted to be used recreationally is oxymorphone.

What I cannot understand is why anyone would empty the beads from out of an Adderall XR capsule and snort them. That makes no sense at all to me, and not to be a prick, but snorting a substance that is not even a powder but beads is just absolute stupidity.

As someone that's done that. You don't just snort the beads, you smash them first so it is a powder...

As someone that's done that. You don't just snort the beads, you smash them first so it is a powder...

There is a thread that I can find for you where a Bluelighter describes snorting the beads, not a powder made from the beads... and he is very clear on this point.

From a medical standpoint, snorting them is entirely useless. Due to their insolubility in water, the mucous membranes in your nose are not going to pick up the active ingredient. However, I have heard that some benzodiazepines are significantly more soluble in water, but still for the most part inefficient. I would say it is an entirely placebo related effect.

why on the xanax instructions they say to let the pill melt on your tongue first, then wash down with h2o ?

more effective, ?

sublingual never did all that much for me,
toplingual :\

i have no clue what makes people do shit like snort benzos but i've shot temazepam with cocaine and snorted flunitrazepam with cocaine and the thought in my head was "it might be fun".

it all comes down to "people do stupid things sometimes".

I sniffed my xanax at one point coz i just wanted to snort something... i had loads of it so didn't care about BA and it didn't taste that bad, quite enjoyable to snort... faster, stronger onset... packs a punch when you rail a few pills...

I no longer do this, pointless really... i don't use benzos recreational

They just don't know any better, and think because they've snorted drugs that snorting is always better/quicker onset/etc

Some people think that snorting drugs is "cool" so you they just snort everything possible, regardless of researching it. I knew someone who would snort Prozac and Vicodin (with the acetaminophen)

I did it just for the hell of it. And from what's said on these forums it should hardly be effective. But I simply just woke up the next day (after blacking out lol), so I would definitely say it does work, just not as good as oral.

No offense to anyone but it just seems like a retarded option since it works so fast orally

You lose some of the dose taking it intranasally. I don't understand why somebody would snort it knowingly oral is more effective. I can understand if somebody was lazy and didn't decide to research it first. Dumb but I'd understand.

i think it has to do with placebo. Some people "think" it gets them more fucked up, there for it does.

Because they are stupid, like when my frkiend gave me xr adderall and we snorted it

Snorting is pointless IMO. Ive done it but thats how i know its stupid lmao. Parachuting them is the best way to do it

Well if people are members of bluelight and search for info first before posting they would get their answers. Otherwise they don't and post questions that make older bluelighters want to vomit. It seriously makes me question their inteligence. If snorting xanax works I heard snorting corn starch is "sooo hot" like seriously justin bieber hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.