• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Heroin: Shooting vs Snorting

rules

Bluelighter
I have been using heroin for a little over a year snorting it exclusively. Never used a needle until a few days ago. But holy shit, caught in the middle of Hurricane Sandy with a few friends with a brick of heroin, I said, fuck it. It was taking me four bags to even experience a decent nod anymore. So I put three bags in a cooker, took out a new needle, got everything ready, and told my drug friend to hit me. He did and oh my fucking god. I have never experienced something like that in my life. It is like a different drug altogether. It doesn't even produce the same effects! I guess there isn't really a question to be answered here, just snorting users and needle users comparing effects. I'm telling you, the difference is 100% different. With that being said, let's welcome me to a lifelong experience of when being sick, puking my brains out and shitting my pants. Before, it was only the RLS I had to worry about...Would you rather, after knowing all the negative effects of IV heroin, had ever started shooting to feel this very enchanced high? Or if you knew the effects would you have stayed snorting it? (I assume most of you started out snorting it)

Last edited:
This sounds more like a blog post. Could you perhaps edit it with some relared question in order to make it a post people can answer or contribute to?

I will never switch to IV heroin due to horror stories such as these. Yeah i'm sure it feels amazing but i'm quite satisfied with the euphoria that i'm getting from snorting it. Fucking up all your veins, risking OD, etc. is just not worth chasing that rush...

As long as my experimentation with IV heroin is done and I never go back to that shit again, I don't regret going from smoking (how I started out, had heroin freebase) to injecting.

Smoking it yielded the most disappointing high despite what I was told by observing experienced users was correct technique with a reasonable dose of what they said was decent quality. Watching my friends get completely fucked up, I finally told them to fix me up a shot as well. The first three I had (not all in quick succession but a few days) were all much more impressive than the smoking, but still I felt as though I hadn't really "got it" - I had tried IV morphine (40mg, with just about no tolerance as well), and since heroin was supposed to be more euphoric, I wasn't satisfied with the very mild rush compared to the reasonably powerful one I got from morphine.
The fourth time they finally put quite a bit in the rig, as they were convinced by the previous attempts I would be able to handle it (and, being responsible junkies, they had naloxone on hand), and I finally felt the blissful rush I'd heard of.

That, seeing a few friends completely waste days of their life and quite a bit of money being as fucked up as I'd ever seen them made me decide to stay away from that shit. Also, I noticed by the end the doses weren't weighed out all that conservatively, so accidental overdose seemed like a matter of time if one continued using this way. Also, I got a pretty benign-looking and mild but still alarming abscess near the injection site from one of the 4 times I shot it, so I figured I'd best leave that at that.

The only times I've used H since then, I've plugged it, which was plenty powerful.

I started shooting H after finding the heroin where I live and with the little amount of money I have, snorting was such a waste. I only use H 2-4 times a week and only shoot up one time during those days (usually like two dimes), so my tolerance is reasonably stable in a little range. If I was snorting I'd need close to 4 dimes, but with shooting 2 dimes works fine for one nice shot (rush and 6 hour high)

I'm sure that we have threads like this one floating around DC somewhere, but I'll check later. I've never shot heroin before, but I'm sure that it's got to be an entirely differemt experience.

I'm satisfied with sniffing my dope; it's that powdered east coast dope, babe... high-purity, nice and fluffy white dope. And, considering that pharmaceutical pain killers ie where I got my start, well, sniffing dope seems to mimic that slow sort of come-up that I liked so much with snorting oxy. I'm not looking for that "rush" ...

Verso, listening to you describe that ecp got me so jealous right now. The bth my guy has this week is such crap I wake up at 3am sick tossing and turning until 9 when I can pick up again. Usually his dope has me good for a solid 12-14 hours. I'm about to head up to Los Angeles downtown to cop some different shit but then again that's also taking a shot in the dark.

That's funny you mentioned sandy, I was wondering how the addicts over there are coping I bet there's a lot of sick people :( imagine being dope sick AND having to deal with all the storm BS. I feel for all the east coast junkies affected by sandy.

That's funny you mentioned sandy, I was wondering how the addicts over there are coping I bet there's a lot of sick people :( imagine being dope sick AND having to deal with all the storm BS. I feel for all the east coast junkies affected by sandy.
ME...except now :)

I can somehow go back to snorting and smoking heroin after I was using IV heroin daily for a year and a half or so. I think this is because I was injecting cocaine all day, and injecting heroin with the coke on the last shot, and so I wasn't really psychologically addicted to the IV heroin rush, but rather I was addicted to the come rush and I used heroin with the coke to come down with. Of course, I did the same thing but using nasal ROA at first, snorting coke all day and snorting coke with heroin after, but that turned into smoking crack and coming down by smoking a crack rock with some tar together, and that quickly turned into IVing both, after a week smoking.

Its best to stay away from IVing, especially with something like heroin, because yes, it's a different, more euphoric high, but IVing will lead to problems, and you might not be able to go back to insufflating, even if you try, because IV drugs make insufflated drugs seem like a waste to an addict. Good luck, man, I hope you can be strong enough to stay away from IV.

If it is Pure Heroin you pretty much wont need to shoot it. For pure H will get you off on one little line. Though as far as IV goes. If the shit is less potent normally will shoot it. If someone hasnt tried it intramuscular it. Thats the best way to do morphine imo.

I haven't and will never shoot heroin.... if I ever do then I know its over and I'll for sure be in the bluelight shrine. Snorting heroin is amazing and I know shooting heroin would be absolute bliss. I loved IV morphine and I know I would love IV heroin. However I know once you touch the needle its hard to go back to any other method and heroin is one powerful drug. I barely can stay off of it now and I'm just snorting the shit.... now if I was iving I'd probably be doing it all the time and I know I wouldn't go back to snorting. Cause why snort when you can get good off of less bags if you IV? So like many have said before IVing should always never be an option, let alone a thought.

IV heroin should never be an option? but snorting or chasing heroin is fine?

not fine, but healthier. if you're in this thread, then you've probably had some experience with heroin, and IV heroin is notorious for turning a dope "habit" into a full on fiending addiction, so as we always have, BLers are rightly discouraging IV use, however I don't see many people advocating snorted heroin to dope-"virgins". Snorting is SO much safer than IV. It's not to be considered "safe" by any means, but in comparison to IV, yes, snorting is by far the safer choice.

@AnybodyThisAppliesTo:If you haven't tried heroin, don't, because there is no way to take heroin safely, because it's not a safe drug, and is notoriously unpredictable in quality. Also the obvious extremely high addiction risk, and heroin addiction is something serious, even before it kills you, it takes away your life.

My snorting career was short lived. I started at 20 yrs old in 1997. Snorted for approx. 6 months. Initially, shooting it was different. It took less to get higher. After a short period of time, I was shooting twice as much as I used to snort. I've been on and off dope ever since then.

Once you really get going with it and your tolerance builds, it really doesn't matter the ROA. Of course, shooting it is more dangerous and more addictive and I'd never encourage anyone to go that route. But It's all the same in the end really. You can screw your life up just as bad snorting opiates as shooting them. Once you develop that nasty physical addiction, you're done!

It all ended up with me not being able to even get high anymore unless I shot huge amounts of heroin. Older addicts used to tell me it would reach that point and I never believed it. I've been opiate free for 15 months but if I had a solid connection and the money to use H right now, I'd probably be doin it. I know how I am, and if I can't afford doing it everyday, I don't even see the point. I don't want to go to jail so I'm not about to start doin crazy shit to get drug money.
It's true though, things definitely tend to go down hill when you start IVing H! Although, snorting it really isn't that much better, IMO.

you remind me of this girl deedee who appears at an NA meeting in "the wire." she talks about rules she defines for herself which she'll never break. but she just ends up breaking them anyhow, replacing them with new, less restrictive rules (which she ends up breaking again).

IV heroin should never be an option? but snorting or chasing heroin is fine?
I did not say snorting heroin is so much safer but in the end it is still safer than IVing by A LOT. Like I said doing heroin now scares me and I know if I IV I'm never coming back. I already enjoy heroin too much now. In the end I'm not worried because I know self control now. Unlike I did when I was addicted to oxycontin.. I've been off dope numerous times and so far this time have been off it for three weeks. I just know it's easy to slip up. However I am hypoglycemic or however you spell as well and if I pick up a needle I'll probably stab it right through my vein lmao, from the shaking.

Other than that heroin period should have never been an option but what's done is done.

I snorted for about 6 months daily and shot for about 2.5 years daily so I consider my experience as well rounded. snorting has a slower come up, more warmth and definitely more itchies. reminds me of snorting OC tbh. iv was a whole different game, almost felt like a different drug actually. the rush for me is oddly not very sedating, its relaxing but not sedating til the rush levels off. then its warm and floaty and dreamlike. at the beginning of my iv career I'd sniff some and then shoot some to get the best of both worlds, but then iv took over and if I were to ever use heroin again I will only iv. iv gave me more euphoria as well and the nod was more intense but tolerance goes up a lot quicker too. :/ also heroin> every morphine experience but morphine>oc imo.

I will never switch to IV heroin due to horror stories such as these. Yeah i'm sure it feels amazing but i'm quite satisfied with the euphoria that i'm getting from snorting it. Fucking up all your veins, risking OD, etc. is just not worth chasing that rush...

Not to mention, hitting an artery. Makes me cringe.

Good luck with it Rules if you switch to shooting exclusively. I assume you have a habit here? I give you a few weeks, coupla months at best before you're needing to shoot more than the 4 bags you're used to snorting just to stay straight. I kept a pretty steady habit for years smoking base H. Tolerance rose over that period obviously, but it was mostly manageable. I hit a rough patch where I was struggling to steal enough to support the habit smoking any more so started shooting to get the nod, and damn, yeah I could do half as much gear and get full effects but within a coupla months I was back to square one and needing to shoot what I used to smoke just to hold off withdrawal. To get a nod I had to shoot maybe double what I needed to hold me, half a gram or more at a time, and because it's up and down faster I needed to hit up more often too.

It's a trap mate, trust me. Once you've got used to shooting and your tolerance has ramped up dramatically like it will you'll find it very difficult to go back to snorting cos you'll need to do even more. Waste of time if you're thinking it's gonna be more economical or more pleasurable. Not in the long run it ain't.

Last edited:
I'm sure that we have threads like this one floating around DC somewhere, but I'll check later. I've never shot heroin before, but I'm sure that it's got to be an entirely differemt experience.

I'm satisfied with sniffing my dope; it's that powdered east coast dope, babe... high-purity, nice and fluffy white dope. And, considering that pharmaceutical pain killers ie where I got my start, well, sniffing dope seems to mimic that slow sort of come-up that I liked so much with snorting oxy. I'm not looking for that "rush" ...

Yeah, even though I'm an IV heroin user, and my first IV experience was similar to the OP's, I now look back at that decision with regret. The thing is, IV heroin is actually NOT an entirely different experience. In fact, it's exactly the fucking same high as sniffing is, the only difference is it gives you a nice rush and it hits you immediately. But that rush is really not worth all the pain that intravenous drug use can cause, not to mention shooting becomes addictive in its own right. Before I shot heroin, I did not like needles at all, and even to this day, I get nauseous when other people draw my blood or give me IV infusions.

Yes the rush is nice, but the high is the same. When it comes to opiates, the only one that I felt was really only great through intravenous use was Opana IR (oxymorphone). The rush from oxymorphone and from what I hear, Hydromorphone are so incredibly intense and euphoric that to use it any other way (I should add, this is my perspective, and I don't want to advice others to IV any drug) for me, seems like a waste. I personally find IV stimulants much more euphoric due to their intensity, but I have to stay away from all that now due to my inability to control that kind of drug use.