• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opana ER is being pulled off the shelves by the FDA

Feel sorry for all the Opana users out there, especially the ones that really need them. The people that snort them are gonna go through some serious withdrawals. I personally never tried them so im not missing out luckily.

[cough]tri[cough]

[cough]*comb*[cough]

That's what you get for having so much fun fother mucker :,3 :p

Does anybody have an official press release from the makers of Opana (or, even better, the U.S. FDA) in regards to this?

Yes, my mother is prescribed these and she told me the factory was shut down due to the poor conditions (dirty machines, powder everywhere) supposedly, though, the factory will be back open by May and Opana will be prescribed once again. she also said that her pain clinic gave her the excuse that that "quit making them," which is simply not true, the FDA shut the factory down.

Does anybody have an official press release from the makers of Opana (or, even better, the U.S. FDA) in regards to this?

I'm looking into this on the Endo website. They do have a product listing for a new formulation of Opana ER, so I checked it out. The older one had the TimeRx gelling mechanism, which was the same as in the Xanax XR.

Here is the listing for the inactive ingridients in the old vs new formulation, and we can compare that to the new OxyContin inactives.

Opana ER Inactive Ingridients (original forumlation)
The tablets contain the following inactive ingredients: hypromellose, methylparaben, silicified microcrystalline cellulose, sodium stearyl fumarate, TIMERx-N, titanium dioxide, and triacetin. The 5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, and 30 mg tablets also contain macrogol, and polysorbate 80. In addition, the 5 mg, 7.5 mg, and 30 mg tablets contain iron oxide red.
  • The 7.5 mg tablets contain iron oxide black, and iron oxide yellow.
  • The 10 mg tablets contain FD&C yellow No. 6.
  • The 20 mg tablets contain FD&C blue No. 1, FD&C yellow No. 6, and D&C yellow No. 10.
  • The 40 mg tablets contain FD&C yellow No. 6, D&C yellow No. 10, and lactose monohydrate.
Opana ER Inactive Ingridients (new forumlation)
The tablets contain the following inactive ingredients: hypromellose, polyethylene oxide, polyethylene glycol, α-tocopherol, citric acid, polyvinyl alcohol, titanium dioxide, macrogol and talc. In addition, the 5 mg, 7.5 mg and 30 mg tablets contain iron oxide red. The 7.5 mg tablets contain iron oxide black, and iron oxide yellow.
  • The 10 mg tablets contain FD&C yellow No. 6.
  • The 20 mg tablets contain FD&C blue No. 1, FD&C yellow No. 6, and D&C yellow No. 10.
  • The 40 mg tablets contain FD&C yellow No. 6, and D&C yellow No. 10
OxyContin/OxyNeo Inactive Ingridients
Inactive ingredients in all strengths: butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT), hypromellose, polyethylene glycol 400, polyethylene oxide, magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide.
• The 10 mg tablets also contain: hydroxypropyl cellulose.
• The 15 mg tablets also contain: black iron oxide, yellow iron oxide, and red iron oxide.
• The 20 mg tablets also contain: polysorbate 80 and red iron oxide.
• The 30 mg tablets also contain: polysorbate 80, red iron oxide, yellow iron oxide, and black iron oxide.
• The 40 mg tablets also contain: polysorbate 80 and yellow iron oxide.
• The 60 mg tablets also contain: polysorbate 80, red iron oxide and black iron oxide.
• The 80 mg tablets also contain: hydroxypropyl cellulose, yellow iron oxide and FD&C Blue #2/Indigo Carmine Aluminum Lake.

It appears that the new formulation of Opana ER is not the same as the OP OxyContin. I underlined the only inactive ingridient that was not in the older formulation but is now in the new Opana ER forumulation, and is also found in the OxyContin formulation, and it was the polyethylene glycol (which might not be exactly the same since one has "400" after it). If that is the only thing that makes up the taper resistance in the OxyContin, then the Opana will be the same way I guess, but I doubt that the one ingridient does it all. That doesn't mean that this will be any more or less effective though.

I am not a chemist so all of this is an educated guess. Feel free to point out anything that I may have incorrect.

For those of you interested in doing your own research, here is where the product listings are found:
http://www.endo.com/endopharma/our-products
http://www.purduepharma.com/Products/Prescription/Pages/default.aspx

In its place I got prescribed MS Contin 60 mg. I had never had it as I only had the Morphine IR in the past and hated it. I like the MS Contin. It is really covering my pain well and I was surprised by this. I may not switch to the new Opanas as long as this is helping me because all I care about is not being in pain!!

amen...that's actually what I would like to be on (60mg MS Contin BID w/ maybe 3 15-mg IRs for breakthrough...or hell a few vic 10's if I'm not on gabapentin...

I tried Gabapentin at the very beginning of pain management and all it did is make me hungry so I gained 20 pounds in three months and it actually changed my mood. I hated it. I was always angry. I had never had a medication make me feel so full of rage as gaba did. I wonder if anyone else had this experience?

Little update: One of my friends came up for refills recently, no problem filling his script. I asked him to see if there would be a problem next month, but for free of begin labeled a "Druggie" he didn't ask.

I'll report back later this month, and the start of next (when the change over it supposed to happen). I'll keep you guys informed. By the way, word of this has gotten around and I'm already hearing of street prices for these going up on everyone.

Little update: One of my friends came up for refills recently, no problem filling his script. I asked him to see if there would be a problem next month, but for free of begin labeled a "Druggie" he didn't ask.

I'll report back later this month, and the start of next (when the change over it supposed to happen). I'll keep you guys informed. By the way, word of this has gotten around and I'm already hearing of street prices for these going up on everyone.

Im assuming Roxis will be more popular than ever........

Im assuming Roxis will be more popular than ever........

I have assumed this myself, when the old school OCs got pulled they did get pretty popular. But the supply is limited and a roxi is nothing like an Opana ER. People will do whatever to attain the mythical buzz, but I seriously doubt you'd be able to replace a high daily Opana habit with oxycodone and attain the same effects. Also, you have to consider a lot of people that abused were mixing Opana with other opiates, oxycodone begin the most popular IME.

This is going to be a bad year to be a pill head anyway. We've seen this and that pulled off the market, rising prices on the streets, the situation in America's penis....its just drying up. I'm watching it happen before my eyes down here and its awful for everyone involved. I'm actually expecting H to push its way into these areas that are currently dominated with a pill market, there is just going to come a time where there won't be enough out there for everyone (actually that's already true) and with the rising prices H is just looking more and more like the better buy as time goes on.

I hope that it doesn't come to that, but I currently don't see any other way unless most everyone kicks their pill habits. I don't see many of them kicking and going to a "clinic" for the liquid hand cuffs just isn't something people do around here. Its not like the big cities, it an entirely different game/world.

I didn't go through and read every reply, so I apologize if this has been said already...

I think the "shortage" is all about where you live now, because most of the pharmacies around where I live, have all received shipments of Opana in various dosages. I know a few people who have gotten their scripts filled with absolutely no issues filling their scripts. I know the 20s, 30s, and 40s are available locally. & that's at big chain pharmacies, not just mom & pop pharmacies.

Not to mention, Opana is back in production, because people that are on the Endo PAP program are receiving their meds as well. Another thing I read was that the 10MG ER'S will be the first ones put out. So perhaps the OG 20s, 30s, and 40s will be around a bit longer..

...But once again, I apologize if this has been mentioned before, I just skimmed through the first page of replies. Hopefully this helps clear some stuff up, though...

I didn't go through and read every reply, so I apologize if this has been said already...

I think the "shortage" is all about where you live now, because most of the pharmacies around where I live, have all received shipments of Opana in various dosages. I know a few people who have gotten their scripts filled with absolutely no issues filling their scripts. I know the 20s, 30s, and 40s are available locally. & that's at big chain pharmacies, not just mom & pop pharmacies.

Not to mention, Opana is back in production, because people that are on the Endo PAP program are receiving their meds as well. Another thing I read was that the 10MG ER'S will be the first ones put out. So perhaps the OG 20s, 30s, and 40s will be around a bit longer..

...But once again, I apologize if this has been mentioned before, I just skimmed through the first page of replies. Hopefully this helps clear some stuff up, though...

Opana is back but with a new formulation, correct? That is what is being shipped in your area as well.

I have assumed this myself, when the old school OCs got pulled they did get pretty popular. But the supply is limited and a roxi is nothing like an Opana ER. People will do whatever to attain the mythical buzz, but I seriously doubt you'd be able to replace a high daily Opana habit with oxycodone and attain the same effects. Also, you have to consider a lot of people that abused were mixing Opana with other opiates, oxycodone begin the most popular IME.

This is going to be a bad year to be a pill head anyway. We've seen this and that pulled off the market, rising prices on the streets, the situation in America's penis....its just drying up. I'm watching it happen before my eyes down here and its awful for everyone involved. I'm actually expecting H to push its way into these areas that are currently dominated with a pill market, there is just going to come a time where there won't be enough out there for everyone (actually that's already true) and with the rising prices H is just looking more and more like the better buy as time goes on.

I hope that it doesn't come to that, but I currently don't see any other way unless most everyone kicks their pill habits. I don't see many of them kicking and going to a "clinic" for the liquid hand cuffs just isn't something people do around here. Its not like the big cities, it an entirely different game/world.

Maybe the heroin will be of a higher potency & better quality than ever before if the pills are being pushed out of the market. I for one have never tried heroin or Opana but I wanted to try Opana but never knew anyone that had any.........but maybe thats a good thing because I would be sitting here after trying it a few times & not being able to get it again.

Opana is back but with a new formulation, correct? That is what is being shipped in your area as well.

They are coming out with a new formulation, yes. But so far, only the 10MG XR tablets have been made. The original formulation is still making its rounds to the local pharmacies. The new abuse resistant ones still haven't made it to my area. All of the opana's I've come across, have been the original formula. Whether it's me just acquiring them from someone, or taking a family member to get their Rx filled... it's been all original formula man.

So in short, no... the new formulation is not being shipped to my area.

I for one have never tried heroin or Opana but I wanted to try Opana but never knew anyone that had any.........but maybe thats a good thing because I would be sitting here after trying it a few times & not being able to get it again.

All I have to say is its far stronger than you think. I don't care how much you've read up on it, you don't know until you've done it yourself. If you do run into some be _very very very_ careful with them. I can not stress enough how easy it is to over do it with Opana. Whatever kind of past you have...this shit will humble you if you go for nasal ROA.

HP&L, I completely agree man (or woman.). I can do 10mgs of oxymorphone, and feel amazing. 20mg, and here comes the nodddd. So potent. Just one time, I'd like to IV an IR10. I bet that is intense as FUCK. Oh man..

an old friend told me they are all over NC now

red 30s that are round

and good luck crushing em