• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DAYTRANA - How to use your Daytrana Patches (GUIDE)

derejrcar

Bluelighter
DAYTRANA - How to use your Daytrana Patches (GUIDE) - Daytrana Patch Recreational

So, when I first found out I had Daytrana, I looked all over to find good info about how to use it and make the most out of it. I found VERY little on the topic, so after much experimentation with 15+ patches, I've found the best ways to use it.

So, as I found on Google, the patches have far more methylphenidate than delivered, because it is supposed to go through the skin, reducing the potency by alot. If the patch is put in the mouth, then absorption is much quicker and effects are much stronger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my personal experience, here are some good tips:

To begin, please start with only one patch. Just use your own common sense. You can always do more.

There are 2 good places to put it...on underside of the tongue, or in the lip. I believe there isnt too much of a difference, but I have a hunch that the tongue is stronger. Also, if using multiple patches, then it will be necessary to use both of these.

Using a towel, try to dry the place you plan to apply the patch. It doesnt have to be completely dry, but as dry as you can comfortably make it.

Apply the patch to the dried area. The idea is to minimize the amount of saliva that gets underneath the patch. But, inevitably some will get under.

Once you have the patch applied, try to put pressure on it and press it on. If it's under your tongue, push down on the bottom of your mouth. If its in your lip. push it against your teeth.

Now...you can leave the patch like this as long as you want. I try to give it at least a good 15 minutes, but you can even do less than that if youd like. When the patch is like this it's almost impossible to talk, and its somewhat inconvienent.

You may feel minor effects at this time, but typically I dont feel too much.

After some time, remove the patch from where it's applied. Now, if you are using 1 patch, fold it in half and bite it to hold it in place. If using 2 patches, place them back to back and bite to hold in place.

Now, you have a nice little chew toy =D . It should stay together pretty well, and for now just try to keep it in your bottom lip like chewing tobacco, and feel free to move it around/adjust it as much as you want. When the patch is like this, you can talk and generally dont have to worry about people noticing it.

Thanks for checking out my guide, please give me feedback and let me know if I missed anything.

Last edited:
Hmmm will try it with a Buprenorphine Patch (Butrans, Norspan,Restiva.....all the same) generally I wear the patch for 3/4 days and then extract the film in 35% ethanol and add as much heat as possible putting the ethanol and bupe in a shot glass and that inside a glass of boiled water as much as possible, I ate themdry sometimes, never noticed a difference but I'm used to it.

My friend who takes methadone and codeine quite often puts a 20th of the sticky part of the 20mcg/h patch I'm scripted in his mouth and nods harder than on 50mg methadone......hmmmm welll will smoke some to get cottonmouth and try it with a dry mouth, I know like 80% of the drug gets wasted I wonder if heat releases it into the film breaking the matrix or if it renders it useless....I know they are different drugs but the patches are the same...also since I take sub blocking doses i dose other opiates, and the sublingual oral BA only worked thefirst months, now not even a 20mg patch makes me nod orally....but then that puts my friend into a 3day nod...what is the best way to get more substance released with these??? And also does it atter ifI wear the patch for 3 or 4 days and then eat it....I feel like eating 5mg of bupe feels like snorting 0,5mg minus the rush....mixing with cimetidine and flunitrazepam these days...willl try now, I'm on a coke comedown so might report later....damn wish had a dentist drying hoover...Also is it better to eat the patches new or you can cut them in pieces some to use transdermally and some to give other uses....I read you could extract the bupe in water and IV it but never done it, also I bathe with the patch and it doesn't seem to lose potency....35% ethanol on the other hand with heaqt seems to make everything more gooey and sticky...and what about the brownparton the top? he it separates should I swallow it or does it have bupe or just glue??? Also how bad is for the stomach+liver+etc eating these kind of patches 2 3 times a week?

Thanks a lot, and anyone has a method for extraction of Butrans that is tried trued and proved if better.

Thanks a lot.

If case anybody (like me) is wondering what Daytrana patches are:
(idk what it is, so ill post the USE for it, and the precautions for everyone)
-------------------

Methylphenidate transdermal (Daytrana) patches are used as part of a treatment program to control symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD; more difficulty focusing, controlling actions, and remaining still or quiet than other people who are the same age). Methylphenidate is in a class of medications called central nervous system stimulants. It works by changing the amounts of certain natural substances in the brain.

**Click ''show'' for Daytrana Precautions**
NSFW:
Before using methylphenidate,

tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to methylphenidate, any other medications, any other skin patches, or any soaps, lotions, cosmetics, or adhesives that are applied to the skin.

tell your doctor if you are taking a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor such as isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), tranylcypromine (Parnate), rasagiline (Azilect), or selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam, Zelapar), or if you have taken one of these medications during the past 14 days. Your doctor will probably tell you not to use methylphenidate patches until at least 14 days have passed since you last took an MAO inhibitor.

tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: anticoagulants ('blood thinners') such as warfarin (Coumadin); antidepressants such as clomipramine (Anafranil); desipramine (Norpramin) and imipramine (Tofranil); clonidine (Catapres); medications for high blood pressure; medications for seizures such as phenobarbital, phenytoin (Dilantin), and primidone (Mysoline); nonprescription medications used for colds, allergies, or nasal congestion; and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as citalopram (Celexa), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem), fluvoxamine (Luvox), paroxetine (Paxil), and sertraline (Zoloft). Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.

tell your doctor if you or anyone in your family has or has ever had Tourette's syndrome (a condition characterized by the need to perform repeated motions or to repeat sounds or words), motor tics (repeated uncontrollable movements), or verbal tics (repetition of sounds or words that is hard to control). Also tell your doctor if you have glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye that may cause vision loss), or feelings of anxiety, tension, or agitation. Your doctor will probably tell you not to use methylphenidate patches.

tell your doctor if anyone in your family has or has ever had an irregular heartbeat or has died suddenly. Also tell your doctor if you have recently had a heart attack and if you have or have ever had a heart defect, high blood pressure, an irregular heartbeat, heart or blood vessel disease, hardening of the arteries, or other heart problems. Your doctor will examine you to see if your heart and blood vessels are healthy. Your doctor will probably tell you not to use methylphenidate patches if you have a heart condition or if there is a high risk that you may develop a heart condition.

tell your doctor if you or anyone in your family has or has ever had depression, bipolar disorder (mood that changes from depressed to abnormally excited), or mania (frenzied, abnormally excited mood), or has thought about or attempted suicide. Also tell your doctor if you have or have ever had seizures; an abnormal electroencephalogram (EEG; a test that measures electrical activity in the brain); mental illness; or a skin condition such as eczema (a condition that causes the skin to be dry, itchy, or scaly), psoriasis (a skin disease in which red scaly patches form on some areas of the body), or seborrheic dermatitis (condition in which flaky white or yellow scales form on the skin).

tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while using methylphenidate, call your doctor.

if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are using methylphenidate patches.

you should know that methylphenidate should be used as part of a total treatment program for ADHD, which may include counseling and special education. Make sure to follow all of your doctor's and/or therapist's instructions.

Never heard of this substance, and im sure others havent either, so i decided to post up the precautions/risks of daytrana, along with its uses and reason of prescription, just in case someone finds it useful

Hope this has been helpful to somebody

ch1na

Well checking the daytrana webpage....the patches last 24hours instead of a week like Butrans, but the system and how it works appears to be the same, gotta check the ingredients of Daytrana.....also in my country Butrans is the only form of Buprenorphine and is sub blocking, it's a schedule III analgesic, so I'm scripted 30-40mg a week (one or two 20mg patches and if only one 20mg one 10mg) funny thing is the liberate 20mcg/hour and 10mcg/hour lol, was prescribed the 5mcg/h once my psychiatrist went toa congress without telling me and had to go to the E.R. where they wanted to make me stay in hospital cause I say I needed the oatch ' to live my normal life' and they thought I was a junkie.....oh damn, I read there are patches that last 3days meant for manteinance.....hope to get those, or subutex or suboxone....patches suck and thye are sub blocking...and a 20mg patch liberates around 8mg of bupe (miight be wrong but I'm using my scattered brain for the maths).....what happens to the other ~12mgs?? As I said i can trade this for methadone, and I also take other opies without gettig precipitated wd's, how low is the BA? and if I do 5mg sublingually all dry like I'm doing now will it become a blocking dose? I took 60mg methadone today and 390mg codeine, well already have a quarter of a patch under my tongue all dried tastes bitter, should I swallow or swirl that?? Sorry for all the questions and rant....I've been o this form of bupe for more than a year and it's like it lost it's magic completely, but then I see how it affects other people amazingy!!!

Is it tolerance or am I extracting wrong??And what is the possible higher BA for this medical form and how do I acieve it?? Does applying heat matter??? Not mean to sound likean asshoe but got really excited about getting the potential out of these patches, like I could in the past, but it was just empiric evidence would like some info from y'all smart beautiful bl'ers!

Great tips but what were the other methods you tried?

I tried quite a few. I tried regularly chewing the patch, putting it in my cheek etc. I also put on 3 patches at once one time. I tried leaving a few patches in some water overnight and drinking that. I got short lived but good effects from the water extraction. I've never swallowed a patch...I dont see the point in it. The BA for oral is lower than sublingual, I believe.

Hmmm will try it with a Buprenorphine Patch (Butrans, Norspan,Restiva.....all the same) generally I wear the patch for 3/4 days and then extract the film in 35% ethanol and add as much heat as possible putting the ethanol and bupe in a shot glass and that inside a glass of boiled water as much as possible, I ate themdry sometimes, never noticed a difference but I'm used to it.

My friend who takes methadone and codeine quite often puts a 20th of the sticky part of the 20mcg/h patch I'm scripted in his mouth and nods harder than on 50mg methadone......hmmmm welll will smoke some to get cottonmouth and try it with a dry mouth, I know like 80% of the drug gets wasted I wonder if heat releases it into the film breaking the matrix or if it renders it useless....I know they are different drugs but the patches are the same...also since I take sub blocking doses i dose other opiates, and the sublingual oral BA only worked thefirst months, now not even a 20mg patch makes me nod orally....but then that puts my friend into a 3day nod...what is the best way to get more substance released with these??? And also does it atter ifI wear the patch for 3 or 4 days and then eat it....I feel like eating 5mg of bupe feels like snorting 0,5mg minus the rush....mixing with cimetidine and flunitrazepam these days...willl try now, I'm on a coke comedown so might report later....damn wish had a dentist drying hoover...Also is it better to eat the patches new or you can cut them in pieces some to use transdermally and some to give other uses....I read you could extract the bupe in water and IV it but never done it, also I bathe with the patch and it doesn't seem to lose potency....35% ethanol on the other hand with heaqt seems to make everything more gooey and sticky...and what about the brownparton the top? he it separates should I swallow it or does it have bupe or just glue??? Also how bad is for the stomach+liver+etc eating these kind of patches 2 3 times a week?

Thanks a lot, and anyone has a method for extraction of Butrans that is tried trued and proved if better.

Thanks a lot.

Well checking the daytrana webpage....the patches last 24hours instead of a week like Butrans, but the system and how it works appears to be the same, gotta check the ingredients of Daytrana.....also in my country Butrans is the only form of Buprenorphine and is sub blocking, it's a schedule III analgesic, so I'm scripted 30-40mg a week (one or two 20mg patches and if only one 20mg one 10mg) funny thing is the liberate 20mcg/hour and 10mcg/hour lol, was prescribed the 5mcg/h once my psychiatrist went toa congress without telling me and had to go to the E.R. where they wanted to make me stay in hospital cause I say I needed the oatch ' to live my normal life' and they thought I was a junkie.....oh damn, I read there are patches that last 3days meant for manteinance.....hope to get those, or subutex or suboxone....patches suck and thye are sub blocking...and a 20mg patch liberates around 8mg of bupe (miight be wrong but I'm using my scattered brain for the maths).....what happens to the other ~12mgs?? As I said i can trade this for methadone, and I also take other opies without gettig precipitated wd's, how low is the BA? and if I do 5mg sublingually all dry like I'm doing now will it become a blocking dose? I took 60mg methadone today and 390mg codeine, well already have a quarter of a patch under my tongue all dried tastes bitter, should I swallow or swirl that?? Sorry for all the questions and rant....I've been o this form of bupe for more than a year and it's like it lost it's magic completely, but then I see how it affects other people amazingy!!!

Is it tolerance or am I extracting wrong??And what is the possible higher BA for this medical form and how do I acieve it?? Does applying heat matter??? Not mean to sound likean asshoe but got really excited about getting the potential out of these patches, like I could in the past, but it was just empiric evidence would like some info from y'all smart beautiful bl'ers!

These have nothing to do with Daytrana, I know nothing about that.

I tried the tounge method and found it acceptable (personally I prefer generic perscription amphetamines, but these patches get the job done). I'm 6 foot 3, 240 pounds, and have been using perscription stimulants for most of my teenage through adult life. Not the most pleasant taste though, rather like concentrated ear-wax, ichhhh....... I find this high to be more physical than mental. I can still become deeply immersed in Skyrim (as I would with amphetamines) but add the taste factor to the fact the, come on, it's RITILAN...not my fav. However, still a satisfactory high for me or most people on a rainy day:) .

Also (relating to transdermal patches vs. good "trip" applications): Did I dream this or... On "The CSI" (the one with William Peterson, the Las Vegas-one) I remember an episode in which a mother assisted her son and his girlfriend with their suicide via Fentanyl(spelling) transdermal patches (I think it was the season with "The Miniature Killer", not sure which exact episode). Anyway, the mother was able to ease her son's death by applying the patch to the palm of his hand. I think I remember Jorja Fox's character saying something to the tune of, "when the patch is applied to a person's palm the drug will enter the blood stream faster as the pores on one's palm are larger (?) than in most places on the human body".
I haven't tried this (frankly the episode rather scared me), has anyone in real life tried it? Thanks :)

Thanx derejrcar: I was looking everywhere for something on how to get the most out of these patches and i found your guide so thanx man it really helped. Im letting it dissolve right now and after it has sat long enough i am gonna chew it up til there is nothing left. Anywayz thanks bro, its hard to find good advice by someone who has actually tried something that ur searching for lol.

hi I have the daytrana patch from my doctor. I didn't like it much but have a few leftover and am experimenting. I am currently prescribed 60mg xr Adderall. do you think the effects from daytranna patch are greater because the entire patch contains more mg itself of the medicine..or am I better off with my Adderall xr. I currently am chewing on 15mg (half a patch)