• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

how to inject heroin

^ ahahah. on a different note (the first page of ) this thread has scared the bajesus out of me. people please research before you make the jump of risking your life to get high. this is not directed towards anyone. OR it is, just the people who cant hear me, the OP'rs friends. I wish everyone a "healthy" high. be careful, -Spaz-

I do not like the vein and much rather prefer to skin pop it...If I wanted a rush, like the one from mainlining, I would hold my breath and stand real quick after a minute or so. Besides, aren't we after that nice mellow pain free couple of hours from the 'chiva' rather than some rush that may pass us out and kill us if we OD? At least I am.

If they have to ask they shouldnt be doing it to begin with .. sounds like an OD waiting to happen ..

^
you hit the nail on the head

also i doubt that suboxone will get someone out of an od , actually i OD'ed on a combination of subutex and heroin

also check out heroinhelper for good advice on injecting technique

oh and dont forget to be clean get yourself some alcohol swabs and desinfect everything , clear up an area that has to be hygienic bathroom is the best and desinfect it.

GlassAss420 said:
"There have been studies that have shown that it takes upwards 1.8 grams of heroin to overdose to an opiate naive individual ("
Dude bullshit, if someone does survive 1.8 grams of heroin its some really suckass heroin. 1/3-1/5 a G of really good H could out an opiate naive person down for the count.

Yeah, bullshit! Iv Seen three people OD off 10$ worth of dope...........It was good shit but none the less "1.8" grams are you fuckin serious. Good dope will kill a grown man quick as shit.

TheodoreRoosevelt said:
It did say explicitly, that it took 1.8 grams to overdose in some opiate-naive individuals.

I was with everyone else on this, thinking that this must be BS, theres no way that anyone could survive 1.8grams of heroin. But then I really started to think about it. This actually could be true but worded improperly. It takes much less than 1.8grams to OD, but an OD is just an overdose, not a lethal dosage. ODs can easily cause death but by asphyxiation, not by the drug itself. Any opiate virgin can take less than 1 gram of heroin, OD, and die of asphyxiation; but they did not actually die from a lethal dosage of heroin, they died from heroin induced asphyxiation. For the heroin itself to actually kill someone, they would have to take much more than they would need in order to asphyxiate.
This study may have possibly been a study to show how much heroin it takes to kill a person without taking asphyxiation into account. For example, if a person is hooked to machines that breathe for them, and then given 1.8 grams of heroin, they would die from the drug itself and not from asphyxiation.
Of course this is of no value in the real world because at a fraction of that dose most people would die within minutes from asphyxiation, since the majority of us aren't hooked up to life support.

bumbklatt said:
I feel sorfry for anyone fucking with that black tar shit. that stuff looks nasty.

I used to feel the same way until i got my hands on tar for the first time. Shit was bomb, just as good as the #4 dope i cop in NJ.

Don't hate on tar, the quality varies the same way the quality of powder does.

soundthecymbals said:
Naloxone is only active via IV.

according to wikipedia "Naloxone is most commonly injected intravenously for fastest action. The drug acts after about two minutes, and its effects may last about 45 minutes. It can also be administered via intramuscular or subcutaneous injection. Use of a wedge device attached to a syringe to create a mist delivering the drug to the nasal mucosa[1] may also be utilized, although this solution is more likely utilized outside of a clinical facility."

TheodoreRoosevelt said:
ust do half a 10 bag, you'll be fine. If your friend stops breathing and won't wake up, ditch him on a street corner and call 911 (you can hang aorund to make sure paramedics come)
:\ thats messed up!

Suboxone

Actually, the naloxone component in Suboxone is an anti-abuse mechanism to prevent folks from mainlining the stuff in solution. Naloxone is more or less useless once it hits your digestive tract.

Right from suboxone.com:

SUBOXONE is a sublingual tablet indicated for the treatment of opioid dependence.

SUBOXONE combines a partial opioid agonist (buprenorphine) and an opioid antagonist (naloxone) in a 4:1 (buprenorphine: naloxone) ratio.

Buprenorphine (the primary active compound) reduces patients' opioid cravings and withdrawal symptoms. In addition, buprenorphine may discourage patients' use of nonprescribed opioids by binding to the mu receptor, thereby blocking other opioids' effects.1

The naloxone component in SUBOXONE is included to help discourage diversion and misuse. Naloxone has very limited bioavailability when administered sublingually, as intended. However, if SUBOXONE is crushed and injected, the naloxone will precipitate opioid withdrawal. In the absence of an opioid, the antagonist has no effect.

So there you go. A wee bit o'science.

painac, that is a possibility for the reaction of shooting suboxone. people on here can attest first hand that shooting suboxone does not always cause pw. it depends on the situation. obviously suboxones website is going to make it sound flawless and that the concept works 100% of the time

as far as the 1.8g, TR took it in the wrong manner, and explained it incorrectly. seems like someone a page back caught on. the 1.8g of heroin may have been what it took for the DRUG to kill an opiate naive person. that doesn't mean the side effects couldn't kill at a much lower dose.

What are you talking about? 1.8 grams BEFORE an OD? 1.8 grams IV is enough to kill anybody, even with the biggest tolerance in the world. .1 or .2 is plenty to get high for someone with no tolerance, you are right. But telling him there is a huge margin between getting high and OD is wrong. For somebody with a tolerance, there is a margin, but it isn't huge. Also, saying it takes an extremely large amount to die is wrong. Somebody who is IVing heroin for the first time and has no tolerance could fall out with a pretty small dose.

To the OP, try about .1 or .2 first, but no more. Wait and see what happens because you can always do more, but not less. Also, 1.8 grams would kill me and i have been slamming heroin for years. This guy posting before me is either crazy or made a few dozen typos.

Also, coke won't work for an OD and neither will cold water. Narcan/Naloxone and those type of drugs are the only thing that will help. The 1st answer was right about that, but that is about it.

Mr. Roosevelt, you are going to get somebody killed telling them it is hard to OD on heroin, especially somebody that has never done it before. You should have your account banned.

P.S. To the OP, don't leave your friend on a stret corner like Theodore said, unless you are a heartless peice of shit. Call 911 and just tell them that he stopped breathing. That way, only the paramedics come, no cops. When they get there, tell them the truth. They will help him and won't call the cops. Get rid of any dope left though (hide it or flush it) just in case the cops do show up. But, ususally, even if they do, they don't fuck with anybody when you call about an OD. I had a friend OD at my apt and the cops came. They just took whatever dope they found and didn't do anything else. If you know CPR, that is a good thing to do until the paramedics arrive.

Ugh i cant believe im on a site doing this but i have been doing heroin for years now , (sniffing it ) i went from 2 bangs to 3 to4 no wim back down to 3 and i just do it now everyday to just not get sick and go on with my day but frankly im sick and tired of it , for once i would just like to get high again , u know ? and my boyfriend buys 2 bundles everyday ( which is 200 bucks for 20 bags and he only gives me 3 and he does the rest, 1 every hour, i wish he would give me more lol but i cant complain cuz its his money not mine , but anyway his mom always has a bunch of needles downstairs so i went and took a diabetic needle those teeny ones with the orange cap and also cuz it had the most thinnest needle cuz im scared of needles ( im 21 yrs old btw) and she had alot of other needles but they have a thick needle on it, and im thinking about injecting cuz the other day i was watching celebrity rehab on vh1 and saw how high steven adler got off of just smoking heroin then my bf was like help me do it and he typed in how to smoke heroin and this helpful site came up but i was like ehh i dunno and he tried it but he has a high tolerance cuz weve been doing this for like 7 or 8 years so im thinking about shooting but im always thinking like what if i get an air bubble inside and i die and im thinking how much should i use of water and should i use a whole bag or only half a bag cuz im scared to OD, my bf used to shoot up heroin before but he went back to sniffing and i had asked him long ago if he would help me shoot up but he didnt want 2 so , i dunno im conflicted , if anyone has any advice on how much water to use and stuff and since im scared of needles im thinking to just shoot up in the veins in my hand cuz id be more comfortable doing it that way then on the inside of my elbow , Thanks - Penny ,www.myspace.com/Miz_Banks

painac, that is a possibility for the reaction of shooting suboxone. people on here can attest first hand that shooting suboxone does not always cause pw. it depends on the situation. obviously suboxones website is going to make it sound flawless and that the concept works 100% of the time

as far as the 1.8g, TR took it in the wrong manner, and explained it incorrectly. seems like someone a page back caught on. the 1.8g of heroin may have been what it took for the DRUG to kill an opiate naive person. that doesn't mean the side effects couldn't kill at a much lower dose.

Whoa hold ona second people are shootin gup suboxone ? what good does that do when i tried ti get off heroin they gave me suboxone and u put it under ur tongue so it can dissolve and they say if u take a drug after that , that it blocks it from going to the brain it basically puts a shield around the brain and doesnt do anything , but how are people trying to get high off of suboxone?

:\ thats messed up!

Maybe .. But are u gunna tell the cops yeah i was with him we were shooting dope so thats why hes like this? , i know i wouldnt , but i would call 911 and say i just saw this guy collapse or something , theres no way i can just sit there and do nothing

anyone who wants to iv will do so. A guide would reduce a lot of damage from harmful "non-safe" injection, this is a non-judgmental harm reduction forum. Noone is telling you to iv, but if someone is gonna do it anyway, safe information should be available for all.

i definitely agree

Should you saline or something else to mix in the dope?

Or can you just tap water? If you use tap water, you still don't have to heat it up?

What about the whole tying off thing? Is that just so your veins are popping out? Do you have to release the belt (or whatever) once you've registered in the vein or do you wait until you've shot or does it not matter?

Edit: Oh, and if you went to the pharmacy, what would you say to the pharmacist? Something like, "I'm supposed to pickup some 28 (is that too low?) gauge insulin needles". Would those work and are they such a thing?

Last edited:
I use bottled water because I'm a pussy. Never tried saline. I still heat up after cleaning the spoon with alcohol. After registering, I get the needle flat to my arm, untie and then shoot.

10 years, and I'm still alive. Hope this helps.

i went to to rehab for using herion. i would normaly use like .3-to .6 grams.
when i got out i did a half g and over dosed. i guess i wasnt thinking that my tolerance had dropped. i stoped breathing , my heart stopped for a minute.:(