• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

hydromorphone vs oxymorphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pillpopper187

Bluelighter
From your own use, which do you prefer? I've been doing mostly opana for the past week, and love it. my ROA is in the nose, which i never do with any drug except this one as other ROA's are worthless or impossible.

are they like hydrocodone and oxycodone where as oxy is slightly stronger?

Opana is Oxycodone and morphine, while Dilaudid is Hydrocodone and morphine. I have been taking (IV'ing) Dilaudid for years as well as Oxycontin, seven years to be exact, and have built quite a tolerance to both, taking approx. 400mg Oxycontin and 150mg+/- Dilaudid per day on average. My brother has almost the same tolerance and usage. I have pesonally never tried Opana because my ROA is IV'ing and Opanas cannot be IV'd, but my brother took 1-10mg Opana, intranasally, and along with being "more fucked up off a pill" (his exact words) than he had ever been, he vomited almost constantly the day after, and vomited a few times the second day sfter. I have heard similar stories from other people but just assumed that they got sick due to their lack of tolerance. Opana MUST be in a league of it's own that does not include Dilaudid, thus being why I have never tried it. Another example of how strong they are, I had another buddy, fresh from prison, who took 1-5mg Opana by mouth, and approx. 1 hour later his wife had to pull the car over and call 911 because it had put him in respiratory arrest, he had to be rushed to the ER and given Narcan (I think this is the antidote for opiate overdose). THANK GOD THEY CAN'T BE IV'ED!
So, having said this, I don't think we are comparing apples to apples here when trying to compare Opana to Dilaudid.

Wow, Oxymorphone sounds a lot more hardcore than I even previously thought (which was.. hard).

I almost was a subject to a research study for Opana, where they were going to dose me for 3 days straight with a higher dose each time and record the results (then wait for 5 days, and re-dose me again 3 days later, the cycle continuing for a month). I was going to get $4,050 for it, but I ended up not being able to do it because they required it to be done in Utah, and I live in CA and couldnt take a month off of my entire life.

Sounds like it could have been somewhat risky considering the above response, even though it would have been done in a very professional hospital environment... thanks for the input beingbadinva!

from what i heard from my friend in the us opana in sum states is more prescribed now instead of oxy because of the stigma attached to it im sure according to literature if you abuse it its very hardcore even in tolerant opiate people just be very careful how much you dose remember ages ago when you could get the amps of oxymorphone they were brilliant but sadly not around anymore

from what i heard from my friend in the us opana in sum states is more prescribed now instead of oxy because of the stigma attached to it im sure according to literature if you abuse it its very hardcore even in tolerant opiate people just be very careful how much you dose remember ages ago when you could get the amps of oxymorphone they were brilliant but sadly not around anymore

They seem to be showing up more and more as of late. It's odd that this is due to the stigma associated with oxycodone abuse, I would personally think that due to the strength and duration of its effects, oxymorphone is even better suited to abuse, and more likely to cause addiction.

It is.
It has stronger euphoria than anything but fentanyl when IVed.

I'd say that's a supreme drug of choice my friend.

Opana is Oxycodone and morphine, while Dilaudid is Hydrocodone and morphine. I have been taking (IV'ing) Dilaudid for years as well as Oxycontin, seven years to be exact, and have built quite a tolerance to both, taking approx. 400mg Oxycontin and 150mg+/- Dilaudid per day on average. My brother has almost the same tolerance and usage. I have pesonally never tried Opana because my ROA is IV'ing and Opanas cannot be IV'd, but my brother took 1-10mg Opana, intranasally, and along with being "more fucked up off a pill" (his exact words) than he had ever been, he vomited almost constantly the day after, and vomited a few times the second day sfter. I have heard similar stories from other people but just assumed that they got sick due to their lack of tolerance. Opana MUST be in a league of it's own that does not include Dilaudid, thus being why I have never tried it. Another example of how strong they are, I had another buddy, fresh from prison, who took 1-5mg Opana by mouth, and approx. 1 hour later his wife had to pull the car over and call 911 because it had put him in respiratory arrest, he had to be rushed to the ER and given Narcan (I think this is the antidote for opiate overdose). THANK GOD THEY CAN'T BE IV'ED!
So, having said this, I don't think we are comparing apples to apples here when trying to compare Opana to Dilaudid.

Opana is Oxymorphone, not Oxycodone & Morphine.
Dilaudid is Hydromorphone, not Hydrocodone & Morphine.

Opana tablets CAN be prepared for injection.

Opana IR are easy as pie to prepare, just like Dilaudid but with more binders/fillers.

Opana ER are a little bit more difficult, but can be done with proper knowledge & technique.

beingbadinva, I find it kinda hard to believe that your banging 150mg of Dilaudid a day when you don't even know what it is.

Second of all, you say your brother snorted 10mg of Opana and was "more fucked up off a pill then had ever been" and was pukeing for two days with a 150mg/day IV Hydromorphone tolerence doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Oxymorphone is only 1.5X stronger then Hydromorphone mg for mg. When insufflated Oxmorphone has a bioavailibility of approximately 50%, therefore snorting 10mg of Opana would be equivilent to banging 7.5mg of Dilaudid. Seeing as Oxymorphone & Hydromorphone have a very high cross-tolerence there is no way 10mg of Opana could fuck you up that bad, somebody with a 150mg/day IV Hydromorphone tolerence wouldn't hardly feel it, if anything at all.

Just thought I would throw that out there!

Last edited:
opana

I get opana 60-10er and 90-5ir every month it is the best.. but withdraws suck really bad I can go through both in less than 2 weeks but I have to have a back up plan because I can't do the withdrawls it last over 7 days and oxy's barly work for it. Good luck and start slow

400mg Oxycontin and 150mg+/- Dilaudid per day on average

followed by...

but my brother took 1-10mg Opana, intranasally, and along with being "more fucked up off a pill" (his exact words) than he had ever been, he vomited almost constantly the day after, and vomited a few times the second day sfter.

I don't believe a word you say. Are you aware that 150mg of hydromorphone is equivalent to 200mg of oxymorphone and 400mg of oxycodone is equivalent to 200mg of oxymorphone. So that means your tolerance to oxymorphone should be at 400mg. And you say 10mg got you fucked up. You would simply not feel it and in fact if you went without your oxycodone/hydromorphone for just one day and took 10mg of oxymorphone instead you would start going through really bad withdrawals. Someone with no tolerance to opiates would get fucked up from 10mg, not someone taking 150mg of hydromorphone and 400mg of oxycodone. Even if you took a 0 from each number you would lightly feel it. I don't believe for a second that you take even half of either of the opiates by their own that you mentioned. 10mg's got you fucked up lol, do you mean 100mg by any chance?

Don't listen to what this guy said, oxymorphone isn't nearly as powerful as he says! It is powerful but not as much as this troll said.

Someone with no tolerance to opiates would get fucked up from 10mg, not someone taking 150mg of hydromorphone and 400mg of oxycodone. Even if you took a 0 from each number you would lightly feel it. I don't believe for a second that you take even half of either of the opiates by their own that you mentioned. 10mg's got you fucked up lol, do you mean 100mg by any chance?

^^What that guy said.

I had a friend try an Opana, he snorted half a pill, I dont remember the mg, but he said it was way stronger thean OC's & he thought it was just too strong for him & didnt want to do Opana again.

I had a friend try an Opana, he snorted half a pill, I dont remember the mg, but he said it was way stronger thean OC's & he thought it was just too strong for him & didnt want to do Opana again.

LOL Too strong of a high? Is there such a thing?

It is.
It has stronger euphoria than anything but fentanyl when IVed.

I'd say that's a supreme drug of choice my friend.

Wrong.

I have here the U.S. Pharmacopeia (1995) which states that morphine produced a (and I quote) "a more profound euphoric state" in comparisons between both morphine and hydromorphone and morphine and oxymorphone.

Wrong.

I have here the U.S. Pharmacopeia (1995) which states that morphine produced a (and I quote) "a more profound euphoric state" in comparisons between both morphine and hydromorphone and morphine and oxymorphone.

Does it specify the ROA? Psychedelic Jay was talking specifically about IV, and your quote doesn't say.

Also, there results come from people that volunteer information, much like how people are volunteering their info about certain drugs here on bluelight. This means that their information can't be much better than ours. Different people find different drugs more euphoric than others. That is why there are countless "X Drug vs Y Drug" threads on bluelight, which have different answers due to peoples preferences.

Last edited:
Does it specify the ROA? Psychedelic Jay was talking specifically about IV, and your quote doesn't say.

Also, there results come from people that volunteer information, much like how people are volunteering their info about certain drugs here on bluelight. This means that their information can't be much better than ours. Different people find different drugs more euphoric than others. That is why there are countless "X Drug vs Y Drug" threads on bluelight, which have different answers due to peoples preferences.

Yes, the ROA was IV.

Wrong.

How euphoric something feels is rather subjective to the user......For me hydromorphone and oxymorphone are much more euphoric, as I'm sure many others will agree.....and I'm also sure that others will say that morphine is more euphoric for them, but you can't just spit out some results from some study and say that morphine is more euphoric because it says so.

How euphoric something feels is rather subjective to the user......For me hydromorphone and oxymorphone are much more euphoric, as I'm sure many others will agree.....and I'm also sure that others will say that morphine is more euphoric for them, but you can't just spit out some results from some study and say that morphine is more euphoric because it says so.

It's not just the result from "some study". Other studies have found the same result....like this for example:

Diacetylmorphine is purported to produce more euphoria than other opioids upon injection. One possible explanation is the presence of 6-monoacetylmorphine, a metabolite unique to diacetylmorphine. While other opioids of recreational use, such as codeine, produce only morphine, diacetylmorphine also leaves 6-MAM, also a psycho-active metabolite. However, this perception is not supported by the results of clinical studies comparing the physiological and subjective effects of injected diacetylmorphine and morphine in individuals formerly addicted to opioids; these subjects showed no preference for one drug over the other. Equipotent injected doses had comparable action courses, with no difference in subjects' self-rated feelings of euphoria, ambition, nervousness, relaxation, drowsiness, or sleepiness.

Short-term addiction studies by the same researchers demonstrated that tolerance developed at a similar rate to both diacetylmorphine and morphine. When compared to the opioids hydromorphone, fentanyl, oxycodone, and pethidine/meperidine, former addicts showed a strong preference for diacetylmorphine and morphine, suggesting that diacetylmorphine and morphine are particularly susceptible to abuse and addiction. Morphine and diacetylmorphine were also much more likely to produce euphoria and other positive subjective effects when compared to these other opioids.

SOURCE

People need to remember that heroin is a prodrug - it has no effect on its own.
Morphine is largely responsible for heroin's subjective effects, as heroin itself is a weak mu receptor agonist.

Heroin is basically a faster acting form of morphine. That's all it is.

So morphine remains the king of opioids. Nothing can compare to the blissful euphoric state which it produces.

Morphine ain't close to Hydromorphone

Okay. As far as morphine causing more euphoria than hydromorphone....BS, at least for me. Morphine, the kind you get in the hospital, can not even begin to touch the euphoria of sweet, sweet Dilaudid (hydromorphone). :) I've had the pure liquid, from the hospital, version of both....

Status
Not open for further replies.