• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How do you make pills taken orally work faster?

Antagonistix

Bluelighter
Hi all,
Just wondering if there are ways of making pills work more quickly.

Personally, I have to take stuff on an empty stomach and even then it takes quite some time.

I also find that if i eat a subzzstatial meal about5 minutes after taaiing said pills they work soon after eating. Not always but sometimes.

The bggest culprit here is zoiclone. Sometimes I have to go puke before eating. Z I need suggestions please anyone?
Any help appeciated.

Many thanks,
ANT

Bite the pill so it crushes up in your mouth and dissolves/absorbs faster

Or plug it, if that's your thing

Oh and is dihydrocdiene stronger that codiene cos it made me sick/nausia last time took iit.

Ta againzzz.:)

Hi all,
Just wondering if there are ways of making pills work more quickly.

Personally, I have to take stuff on an empty stomach and even then it takes quite some time.

I also find that if i eat a subzzstatial meal about5 minutes after taaiing said pills they work soon after eating. Not always but sometimes.

The bggest culprit here is zoiclone. Sometimes I have to go puke before eating. Z I need suggestions please anyone?
Any help appeciated.

Many thanks,
ANT

Sublingual, crushing, there isn't much. If you take oral amphetamines, baking soda definitely boosts the effect a LOT.

also, why zopiclone? no rec value there, i fail to see why you would need to potentiate them. if your taking them for the prescribed purpose and they're not working, just ask your doc for a higher dose.

also i just realized that this is my 666th post lol

well presumeably because benzos work faster on an empty stomach.

Opiates like oxycodone, crush into a find powder, and parachute.

Benzos, I slip it under my tongue for faster action.

-PLUR

1.) Quit throwing up before taking pills, that's pretty god damned stupid.
2.) I find that it varies from different pills. Like with Oxycodone I will rail those bitches, Dilaudid shall be banged, Hydrocodone should be crushed and the powder should be swallowed, and benzos will be taken orally whole.

But that's just me.

whoah, i barely noticed, that, why do you have to puke before taking zopliclone?? that doesn't make any type of sense...

Well ittales effect much quicker on an empty stomach in find.

I'll try this parachute method. Another new thing I've learnt on this site !!!

Just wrap in tissue paper right, after cursing them.

I know one thing for sure, if i swallow a couple zopis after eating, an hour or so after I mean, they don't even work every well, I get like 10% of the effect compared to empty stomach.

I don't do this for nurofen + tablets, or with benzos, cos they work anyway without puking first.

Mad I know but that's how messed up I am right now, and hence im here for help guys. I need to sort myself out.

Thank u for your time people.

Stop purging it is detrimental to your health to induce vomiting unnecessarily like that. It's reckless and not worth it, zopiclone is a z-drug which means it works just like benzodiazepines, with a high oral BA and empty stomach is not needed.

Just sublingual them.

Sublingual is the best ROA for benzodiazepines, I've found, food doesn't effect it :)

Z drugs aren't benzos, and @OP if your are deliberately vomiting to empty your stomach just so you can take a drug more effectively, I strongly suggest that you stop this, as it is unhealthy and unnessecary, sublingual administration is not effected by stomach contents, so why not try that instead? Please use easier ways to take drugs, especially if you're only using them to sleep. Try taking them earlier in the day so that they hit you when you need to sleep, or get a higher dose, or even better, ask your doc for a new prescription, if the zopiclone isn't working for you. So many people are afraid to ask their doctor for a prescription, but if you really need it, you doc will hook it up for you.

Just making sure, you are using zopiclone for sleep right? And you have a legitimate prescription? Because if not, then this whole thing is just so wrong and stupid and unnessecary on so many levels that I won't go into as I don't know the answer to that question for sure. But I am assuming that you are using it to sleep, and it is prescribed by a doctor, and that you're not trying to abuse this medication (which btw, won't work, it's effects are not recreational, even less so than benzos)

Last edited:
Well ittales effect much quicker on an empty stomach in find.

Yea but you might be losing some of the stomach acid that aids in breaking down things in your stomach if you make yourself throw up.

I would just crush it and either parachute it or if you can handle the taste of the pill just pour the contents into your mouth and swallow it with water. I find that drinking 2 glasses of water helps it kick in faster, so that's my advice.

None of these methods are going to make that much of a difference though, considering the drugs that you are using. If it was something like an ER medication then crushing it to break the time release (considering that it was a formulation that you can defeat the time release by crushing) would help it kick in faster, but with IR meds crushing it will only do so much.

Yeah I'm not convinced that crushing IR pills helps enough to make a difference.

Yeah I'm not convinced that crushing IR pills helps enough to make a difference.

Depends on the pill, some tablets which are coated take a minute to kick. Desoxyn for one, takes longer to hit if if you don't dissolve it in water, which can also take a while, like at least 45 minutes (can't crush it, for some reason the plastic matrix fucks it up if you actually crush the tablets, dissolving is the only to go), whereas adderall will instantly turn to mush when exposed to even a small drop of water.

Idk about zopiclone though.

can someone answer that to me for methadone.

today i took 20mgs, which was 4 x 5mgs tablets of Methadone HCL, when i was at the clinic it was a hospital farmacia, so i said
" can i get that cold medicine capsule of there the DMX+acetaminophen, .. it was added to my order.

then i went to the bathroom got the capsule dumped out the powder and put my 4 tablets of mdone in there.

i put the capsule on a hard surface and then i crushed and applied pressure to the capsule with methadone tablets inside.

its crushed and powdered methadone was produced/created by me "stepping" on it.

I think it worked well, but sometimes it doesn't and I'm just not sure better off and to take them regularly
or this is this a psychosomatic IR instant release method?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also i took 150mgs of Codeine Phosphate today for an extra boost
Codeine is OTC.
:)
sl1p609

Depends on the pill, some tablets which are coated take a minute to kick. Desoxyn for one, takes longer to hit if if you don't dissolve it in water, which can also take a while, like at least 45 minutes (can't crush it, for some reason the plastic matrix fucks it up if you actually crush the tablets, dissolving is the only to go), whereas adderall will instantly turn to mush when exposed to even a small drop of water.

Idk about zopiclone though.

I don't ever have a problem with Desoxyn kicking in but I know that when I make it into solution with water for plugging, it kicks in instantly.

Sometimes if I'm just plugging I will apply a little bit of heat, something I never advise anyone do for intravenous drug delivery for the obvious filter/precipitate matter of inactive ingredients being extremely hazardous to your health. I don't know if it helps significantly, but I do this if I don't have enough time to do a proper shot preparation. And it works just fine without heat too so I would still recommend not applying heat at all and to give it the proper preparation process.

1. empty stomach
2. you may have a little appetizer just before to release stomach acids <- I'm not sure about this, but I do so
3. have a coffee just before - it speeds up metabolism
4. parachute
5. have warm water to wash it down
6. benzos and z-drugs work fine sublinugual
7. consider plugging