• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Hydrocodone for coming down off amphetamine?

Vomiting from opiates has more to do with opiate naivety than from a mix with a meth comedown, you did too much for your tolerance.

Vomiting from opiates has more to do with opiate naivety than from a mix with a meth comedown, you did too much for your tolerance.

I understand that. Opiates always make me vomit if I don't watch my intake super carefully. I've got that about dialed down. Any opiate dose on top of meth makes me sick to my stomach. Any opiate, at any dosage. Probably just a weird thing some people have.

Unisom is safer than opiates for the comedown off this bitch.

I think depending on the formulation of unisom, the drug in it that causes sedation is just an antihistamine, which could be very painful for coming down off amphetamine (or any stimulant), and for a few reasons:

1. The antihistamine would cause vascular constriction, which amphetamine also does - so any negative physical effects caused by vascular constriction such as cold extremities, high blood pressure, muscle weakness, chest pain, etc would be amplified.

2. The antihistamine would further dehydrate you

3. The antihistamines in most (if not all) formulas of unisom are also anticholinergics (as are most antihistamines), which in theory would worsen an amphetamine psychosis. If i remember, amphetamine itself is also an indirect anticholinergic, which is what causes symptoms such as short term memory loss, delusions, bizarre/abnormal thought processes, and dissociation in higher doses.

I don't know about that, are we speaking conscious activity? And what level of? Again, not very specific.
GABAnergic drugs decrease the excitability of neurons... simple.

I find it unlikely that your friend "forgot" he took his clonazepam. From my personal experience and the experiences of every other benzo user I know, taking more benzos after taking the initial dose is a common occurrence, not because they forgot they already took some, but because they wanted to - although they may have forgotten all about deciding to take more when they wake up with an empty bottle of benzos.
Benzo amnesia does not really affect short term memory in the way you describe -- the realization that one has blacked out often does not occur until the drug has started to wear off.

Now, anti-cholinergic memory impairment, on the other hand, is notorious for causing people to take another dose because they can't remember if they've already taken one. There have been plenty of nights where I couldn't remember how many adderall I had taken, and ended up taking 9 when I only meant to take 3... All the while, my memory got worse as I took more and more adderall. It's a vicious cycle.

Opiates are BOMB for comedowns. By the end of my clubbing days it was more about getting home to get munted on oxies than it was about the actual night.

Unless you're opiate tolerance - and it sounds like you're not - I think hydros would be killer.

When using coke or crack I would always come down off of either some heroin, some vicoden, or any benzodiazapine will work. no alcohol as you are trying to hydrate your body. I hate the come down......

Opiates are BOMB for comedowns. By the end of my clubbing days it was more about getting home to get munted on oxies than it was about the actual night.

Unless you're opiate tolerance - and it sounds like you're not - I think hydros would be killer.

Quoted for mutha fuckin TRUTH
IME opiates are THE BEST for comin down off stimulants, and IME you dont need as much opiate if you're coming down off stims to feel good than if you were sober.
I can feel just one 5mg hydro if i'm coming off of a night doing amphetamine, i highly reccomend opiates for ceomedowns..

^^ yeah this. When you're on uppers, downers are waaaay more effective and pleasurable. It's similar to how if you blaze after ecstasy you get way more wasted.

It feels like you're being restored to equilibrium. I literally couldn't imagine taking uppers without taking a benzo/opiate after.

^^ yeah this. When you're on uppers, downers are waaaay more effective and pleasurable. It's similar to how if you blaze after ecstasy you get way more wasted.

It feels like you're being restored to equilibrium. I literally couldn't imagine taking uppers without taking a benzo/opiate after.

AMEN to that!

benzos and a muscle relaxer works.

ofcourse a benzos and some opiates are prolly best. but cant say it totally alleviates everything.

kratom can help with kava if you cant get the others...