• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

shooting alprazolam

Status
Not open for further replies.

akdroid

Bluelighter
I got 2mg white long bars and wonder if it is safe to shoot them. I have read about people doing it but dont know what need to be used to break them down so is it as simple as mixing with water and using a cotton to filter like other things?

Im also aware that there are alot of skeptics about using alprazolam in ways other than oral injestion such as snorting, plugging, and putting under tongue, I have snorted it and dispite what alot of people's claims it does in fact work better because it kicks in faster so you experience the change so I want to experiment with this using iv but I want to make sure Im not about to kill myself but doing it the wrong way. Can someone provide me with some input so I can do this safely. Thanks.

No. Do not shoot pills unless they are specifically designed to be IV'd.

No. Do not shoot pills unless they are specifically designed to be IV'd.

Ok this doesnt help me at all. You are giving me an opinion, not an answer to my question. Telling me that would be no different than telling that to someone who asks how to shoot oxycontin. Yes while OC in pill form is meant to be taken orally, it is often used(or abused I should say) via IV and works successfully. I am aware of the risks involved with misusing medications, this is why I need information about what I am asking so I can do this without killing myself.

edit: Oh I should also add that unless you are knowledgable on the subject in which thread you are about to post on, dont post. People come in here asking questions about things that require someone with experience one way or another on any given subject. Simply giving opinionated and uneducated input does more harm than good.

The main thing is that xanax is not water soluable, so the active ingridient does not dissolve, and ends up in the cotton. Also, do not be tempted to heat it, because that just makes all the nasty fillers more easily dissolved and then ending up in your system.

Xanax is however soluable in alcohol, but then your shooting up alcohol too. You can search bluelight on that subject, because I have read it here before.

I shot up xanax a couple times in 2006, and 2008. I just used water, and then heated (stupid thing to do, was not aware of risks). I can't say that I didn't feel any effects, but I think that a very small percent alprazolam can dissolve in water. I got a better "rush" from sniffing it.

One time I shot it and I just got pissed that I didn't eat it. There was no 'rush', and tommyboy is right about how they don't really dissolve in water.

If you still do it for some reason, don't add heat to the spoon. And it would help if you used a micron-filter, for the sake of your veins.

You're better off snorting it in the end, unless you want to go through the trouble of trying to inject a non-water-soluable drug, as others have said.

so what alchohol should I buy to use for this? Should I be using some cheap ten high burban/whisky or what? Someone please guide me a product example and if its something rare then where do I need to go to find it?

^ Do a bluelight search, I did and found what you are looking for. However, in every post as well, it says it's not smart to shoot benzos nor do you get anything close to what you are looking for when doing so.

Stick with snorting/eating them.

I've shot these before and honestly it's not worth the trouble, all you'll notice is an increase of how fast it comes on. There's no "rush", and honestly it's no better than it would be eating it or snorting it (and yes snorting DOES work, people who say it doesnt havent actually tried it and are just stating opinions, though I wouldnt snort a whole pill because then it probably wont completely absorb inside your nose).

Also if you don't have a micron filter I recommend not doing this at all due to the fact that it's not completely soluble in water, but it is still possible, just not good for your veins at all! I'm guessing youre probably pretty determined to do this because of a needle fixation, but my advice is to try to convince yourself that it won't be worth it, but it's your decision.

Well I just did it a few minutes ago for the first time, did a half of 2mg flatback with just water and cotton filter.

I felt it right away, nothing dramatic but it feels like as if I popped it on an empty stomach or snorted it.

what type of alcohol are you talking about?

8o I once shot heroin with isop. alcohol totally by accident!!! i had 2 jars 1 water & 1 alcohol 2 wipe my skin...i fucked up...tasted like paint thinner...never made THAT mistake again:eek:
The main thing is that xanax is not water soluable, so the active ingridient does not dissolve, and ends up in the cotton. Also, do not be tempted to heat it, because that just makes all the nasty fillers more easily dissolved and then ending up in your system.

Xanax is however soluable in alcohol, but then your shooting up alcohol too. You can search bluelight on that subject, because I have read it here before.

I shot up xanax a couple times in 2006, and 2008. I just used water, and then heated (stupid thing to do, was not aware of risks). I can't say that I didn't feel any effects, but I think that a very small percent alprazolam can dissolve in water. I got a better "rush" from sniffing it.

8o I once shot heroin with isop. alcohol totally by accident!!! i had 2 jars 1 water & 1 alcohol 2 wipe my skin...i fucked up...tasted like paint thinner...never made THAT mistake again:eek:

Last edited:
Xanax is not water soluble, like most benzos, but it IS souble in propene glycol. So this should be used instead of water in a rig - I highly suggest running it through a 0.2 or 0.4 micron filter, as you know pills are pretty dangerous to IV.
Better safe than sorry. :)

shooting xanex

i have watched some one shoot xanex...they crushed it & hit it with water (i'm pretty sure)...i don't know...he semed to get pretty high...i also wannna try it...i just don't wanna waste it!!!...i always let my sticks disolve under my tongue...seems to work the best for me :|

if you did any sort of search you would know that this was a bad idea as Xanax is not water soluble (which is why shooting and snorting benzos is stupid), and Xanax already has a short time to kick in orally and a high BA. Even if it was water soluble a Xanax bar weighs at least 100mgs with only 2mgs or 2% total weight as active, the other 98% of the pill is inert binders and fillers that will clog veins and end up in your lungs.

Just eat them, unless you have ampuoles or even just powdered Alprazolam it is not even worth considering for a brief moment

I have heard that propylene glycol with water is used in benzo solutions in hospitals but don't have have a clue how some one would prepare it.

propylene glycol is used in diazepam solutions in the hospital, im sure it would be as easy as crushing it up and filtering it with a micro filter, if you don't have this tho i would def not shoot xanax, its a waste, snorting it works decent if ur looking for a rush, but otherwise for pure effectiveness might as well eat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.