• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

potentiating tramadol

second650 said:
Weed Just Makes Me Lazy. I Never Drink With Trams But I Take A Ton Of It A Day Unfortunately.

Maybe weed would make you lazy enough to stop capitalizing the first letter of every word you type. Just kidding. :)

Seriously though, if you're into weed, it mixes well with tramadol.

Tramalium (tramadol + valium) is still my favorite tramadol related combo. I don't take tramadol anymore though. I'm not impressed with how tramadol mixes with suboxone. All I feel are the SNRI effects from the tramadol and a slight increase in sedation, but no increase in euphoria.

sonic said:
Tramalium (tramadol + valium) is still my favorite tramadol related combo. I don't take tramadol anymore though. I'm not impressed with how tramadol mixes with suboxone. All you feel are the SNRI effects from the tramadol and a slight increase in sedation, but no increase in euphoria IMHO.

i don't particularly like the tramadol and bupe mix either, i got to have a benzo in there. i only use tramadol when im on my bupe cycle and am having bad breakthrough pain.

tramadol and valium is a great mix imo as well, or tramallium as you've named it haha:)

second650 said:
i was high when i wrote that and am now embarrased about that quote. sorry folks....

no sorry to you, man, i was a little harsh. but people really need to do some of their own research on drug interactions before they go taking such combos

TheBunny said:
what is seretonin syndrome?

I currently take 60mg of Citalopram every day and I never knew I shouldn't be taking tramadol with it? what should I be doing? Obviously I never told my doctor I am doing the tramadol so thats why I haven't heard her say HEY DONT DO THAT .... advise please!

Hey, would you take a look at this! BL is actually working as a harm reduction site... I knew there would be a day, but I just was not sure when...

First of all, click on this link:

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=Serotonin+Syndrome+tramadol+Citalopram&meta=

You will also find some great information on BL, but your probably better off talking to your Doctor about this one if you are worried.

Advice: Don't take tramadol with citalopram.:)

sonic said:
Maybe weed would make you lazy enough to stop capitalizing the first letter of every word you type. Just kidding. :)

Seriously though, if you're into weed, it mixes well with tramadol.

Tramalium (tramadol + valium) is still my favorite tramadol related combo. I don't take tramadol anymore though. I'm not impressed with how tramadol mixes with suboxone. All I feel are the SNRI effects from the tramadol and a slight increase in sedation, but no increase in euphoria.
i dont smoke weed anymore due to panic attacks. i have about 300 ativans sitting around. im thinkin bout mixin ativan and tramadol. i also have about 130pods for tea. im amped for this weekend!

Ok... I found a great paper that discusses the action of Tramadol on GABA.

It can be found here:
http://www.anesthesia-analgesia.org/cgi/reprint/100/5/1400

If it does not download automatically just click on the 'Begin Manual Download' document link.

It is actually really amazing how many receptors tramadol tickles. What a crazy drug... certainly not one to be messing around too much with.

Has anyone found that cigarettes potentiate tramadol? I am not saying that they will, but the combination probably would not hurt.

On another note, has anyone found that Tramadol has reduced their desire to smoke cigarettes?

Tramadol has been proven to induce seizures, especially at large concentrations. The inhibition of GABAergic neurons and the activation of lutamatergic neurons lead to seizures. This study demonstrated that tramadol and M1 metabolite inhibit the GABAA receptors at large concentrations and inhibit the NMDA receptors at clinically relevant concentrations, which is compatible with the anticonvulsive and proconvulsive properties of tramadol. The clinical significance of the slight inhibition of the GABAA receptors at large concentrations is still unclear; however, the inhibition might decrease a threshold of the seizure even if other systems are simultaneously involved in the seizure.

This was from the paper I posted.

Supports my theory for Phenibut.

i took 250mg of tramadol with about 50mg of hydrocodone and that was a bomb ass high i also smoked weed with it.

the tramadol made the high last very long aswell a few hours long

What is it with tramadol? I love my opiates and actually still get a buzz off of 400mg of propoxyphene after 10 years of heavy opiate abuse, but all tramadol does is make me nauseated to the point of vomitting.

lol, well, i guess the tram aint for everyone to ride...

It has been quite apealing to me. Long durationg, subtle but noticble effects.

hatedenial said:
Tramadol is about 100 times harder on your liver than the old barbituates, seconal , Nembutal , etc. Be careful , maybe you should get a real opiate :p

Has anyone followed up on this comment, found the research to back it up?

I ask because I've been on tramadol for 7 months, and i'm really worried now. I don't feel any worse physically, but I hope my body's okay on the inside...

^I haven't seen anything that says that it does. If you're taking it in an ultracet formulation, the APAP could.

^ I don't think so... a google search didn't turn up anything except that if you have liver problems you should probably give it a miss.

The only thing I found remotely related was that a veterinarian stated he had used tramadol on pets with elevated liver enzymes, and the critters had no trouble with it, but that he'd be wary of giving it to a pet with liver disease.

So if you or your pet has a pre-existing condition, it should be avoided but I don't think tramadol itself would cause it.

GABA + opiates

Mr Blonde said:
Phenibut. I think it was made by the Russians, it's basically GABA with a phenyl group allowing it to cross the BBB.

SO yeah, it's a drug for pinkos and commies. ;)

this is curious to me, as i've read that Neurontin (gabapentin) decreases morphine absorption -- (while on the other hand, if you take morphine first, and then a while later (whenever peak plasma level is reached i assume) take the gabapenin, it will increase the absorption of the gabapentin -- but all of that is beside the point.) --- my question/curiosity, is that since this is so, that gabapentin decreases the absorption of morphine (and i assume all opiates, though the article i read only talked about morphine), and gabapentin is practically GABA, which from what i can tell looking it up just now, is about the same as Phenibut, how would Phentibut increase the absorption of Tramadol?

johanneschimpo said:
Anything that induces CYP2D6 (generally the opposite of what you do for most opiates... because you want it to metabolism to M1, which is stronger)

I’ve tried Tegretol (carbamazepine) with tramadol and it greatly increases the opiate-like effects. Generally, I take 400mg, 200mg in the form of sustained-release tabs and 200mg in the form of IR tabs. I take two 100mg SR tabs at time zero, then take 4 50mg IR tabs over the course of the next 4-8 hours. The high starts off as very stimulating but by keeping a steady stream in my system and letting the Tegretol facilitate tramadol’s metabolism into M1, it eventually becomes quite opiate-like. Technically, St. John’s Wort would be an even more potent inducer, but I’m not willing to risk serotonin syndrome as I’m already on mirtazapine.

Diphen I find is the best potetiator espesciallly to Tramadol Naive users. I used to drop 100 mg before bed with 50 mg Diphen and wake up feeling very euphoric. Obviously this didn't last. I still use diphen but take tramdol every hour say 100-200mg untill I feel the desired effect.

I'm quite confused here about the dangers of serotonin syndrome. Im scripted 100 50mg trams every 2 weeks and I am also on Escitalopram. I know many people who are also on this combo i.e. anti d and Tram. I have never heard of any problems ( not saying they can't occur), but do you think docs know much more about the risk of SS while using Tram and AD's as they don't seem to mind handing them both out. I've also never heard about a case of SS, so it must be rarer than we think, Yes?

Are we being too cautious when it comes to AD's and Trams?