• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Opium Poppy (Papaver somniferum) cultivation

^^ haha was gonna say the same thing.. lickin the latex, da fuq? cant really throw my opinion around but because I have never eaten straight 'opium' in any shape or form but I have to agree, you'de be better off scrapin that shit up n cappin it if you didnt wanna smoke it.. ?

My garden is looking fab!! =D. I've been digging it up making the soil really nice and added some stems because it gets windy here, also need to keep it spacious. They like space to grow. He told me to lay the seeds at the end of Winter because of the frost we get here. I've got many types of poppies, White Persian, Mauve, Tasmanian, Giganteum and the Black/Red type. Need to keep the earth quite moist apparently and he just handed me 100 dried poppy pods of Giganteum/Tasmanians. I'm wondering if I should plant each colour separately or all together.

I've never done something which creates so much joy as creating a garden. Even my Mum is helping out lol

thats awsome! be sure to post some flicks on here when the gardens blooming :D

your season sounds like it starts nearly six months after ours (if you were to sow the seeds as of may the first..) and TBH, it really sounds like your neighbor knows 'whats up' ;) he gave you 100 dried pods? well you know what to do with them ;)

in regards to sowing them in segregated areas, I personally dont see the point because (as far as my very limited horticultural knowledge goes), they will pretty much cross-pollinate if they're in the same back yard, creating a cross-breed of poppies? IDK, someone wanna verify this?? this is if you are wanted to keep mature seeds for next season...

^ Just like any other plants, yes they will cross pollinate if they're anywhere close - even if they're far away, the bees love poppies and once they start flowering, they flock to them like bees to, umm, opium. If you want to keep the strain pure, just grow one variety each year. Make sure you pick the biggest, healthiest and highest producing pods to harvest the seeds for your next grow. This is all common gardening knowledge, not specific to poppy plants.

How long do dried pods hold potency?

Just found one pod in a jar, it could be 2 years to a decade old (most likely the former).

Not expecting much, but there were some seeds in the jar too.

^^ haha was gonna say the same thing.. lickin the latex, da fuq? cant really throw my opinion around but because I have never eaten straight 'opium' in any shape or form but I have to agree, you'de be better off scrapin that shit up n cappin it if you didnt wanna smoke it.. ?

thats awsome! be sure to post some flicks on here when the gardens blooming :D

your season sounds like it starts nearly six months after ours (if you were to sow the seeds as of may the first..) and TBH, it really sounds like your neighbor knows 'whats up' ;) he gave you 100 dried pods? well you know what to do with them ;)

in regards to sowing them in segregated areas, I personally dont see the point because (as far as my very limited horticultural knowledge goes), they will pretty much cross-pollinate if they're in the same back yard, creating a cross-breed of poppies? IDK, someone wanna verify this?? this is if you are wanted to keep mature seeds for next season...

I will deff post some photos when its blooming =D I started off with 5 pods to see how I felt and well I felt pretty damn good and only needed 1 drink in the morning and had no pills throughout the day and it held me 24hours O.O Plus my body felt a lot cleaner, no weird cramps or gas.

Got some fat cabbages vegging out atm. Getting to be a pretty good size already...

Had some PST a while ago and decided to try sowing the seeds afterwards...forgot about them and came back to a lawn of poppy seedlings. Wasn't much fun thinning them out because they were all intertwined. Also got sunflowers, carrots and tomato sprouting and going to put some snapdragons in when it gets warmer. Bring on summer!

You people are monsters! Don't lick the pods or even eat the dried opium. Put 'em in caps, or at the very leasts, parachute them with something that prevents your taste buds from touching the foul tasting, god's gift to the earth

Oh, excuse me, I'm sorry. I suppose you would like a napkin and some fine silk gloves so as not to dirty your delicate fingers or offend your gilded tongue?

Listen up

A real man/woman, is not afraid to get their knees dirty. If you truly love your opiates, you will get down on your knees and suck that knob while the milky white juice comes spraying out all over your face. There is nothing better than fresh - I mean fresh - latex. The taste is bitter as hell, but you'll learn to love it and crave it. After getting a taste for that, nothing else will do. You'll suck a grapefruit and declare it "disgustingly sweet and crude - for children's undeveloped palettes only".

EAT IT. LICK IT. SUCK IT UP.

You don't have to even wait for the latex to dry , just lance wait a few and then start licking, poppy lollipops. you should feel pretty damn good. taste depends on variety but I agree with Halif on the tassies and other potent strains to be quite spicy almost burning, aka alkaloids are delicious.
BTW , This behaviour of licking your backyard plants may seem strange to your non opiate using friends!

Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' bout

Lol, nice post Halif, thanks for the laugh.

I've never tasted fresh sap, but very keen to one day try it. I suppose that bitterness would be in comparison to when I evap down a pst. Maybe not as extreme as you mention.

Yeah, I noticed that the thread was closed and I ... uhhh.... wondered if I had gone too far with my outrageously suggestive post above.

I didn't mean to offend anyone. Or turn anyone on. I just get so hyped talking about poppy sap that I can't help waxing lyrical.

It's just so..... sensual.... the dripping white creamy...

(ok, I'll stop now before the thread closes again)

^Made me think of the mugwump jissom scene in the naked lunch movie.

Not so much that I wont try the sap if the opportunity arises

Teen overdoses after drinking poppy head tea

The friends of a Tasmanian teenager who died from a morphine overdose after drinking poppy tea are still trying to come to terms with his death.

The 17-year-old boy died last November after drinking a brew made from poppy heads using a recipe he found on the internet.

The teenager and a friend took five kilograms of poppy heads from a farm at Lewisham, near Hobart.

The pair drank the tea with another friend.

The teenager continued drinking the liquid alone before going home to sleep. He was found dead the following day.

Read the coroner's finding here.
Coroner Chris Webster said the teenager died from morphine toxicity, after drinking the opium extract.

The coroner made no recommendations.

He found a lack of signage on the farm indicating the dangers of consuming poppy extracts did not contribute to the boy's death.

The Greens MP Kim Booth disagrees.

"Look I don't think the Coroner has made the right ruling in that case," he said.

"I mean, first of all there's potential for tourists who don't speak English to climb over a fence and take the poppies and secondly, there's no fencing requirement beyond an ordinary farm fence and I think when you've got a dangerous product like that, the public are entitled to be protected."

Tributes from friends

Friends of the boy say they are still trying to come to terms with his death.

They described him as a typical teen, well-liked and with a bright future.

"He got into uni so yeah, he really had a lot of potential to do anything he wanted, like he was that sort of guy."

One called for more education about the dangers of poppies.

"Just more awareness so obviously friends and family don't have to go through the same things that we've gone through and hopefully save someone else who could be in a similar position."

Public education campaign

Tasmania's poppy industry plans to use social media in a new campaign warning young people of the dangers of opium.

The industry is working with manufacturers and government to develop a public education campaign.

Three people have died in Tasmania in the past decade from ingesting poppies.

The Poppy Growers Association's Glynn Williams says while theft from poppy farms is at historical lows, there is still a need to raise awareness

"We are looking at social media definitely and that's obviously because social media can connect with young people and it's an ideal way to get the message out there about the dangers of poppy plant in the wrong hands," he said.

"No-one should consider doing anything with poppies because of the extraordinary risk that they can pose in the wrong hands.

"So we are working on an education process that will repeat that message and strengthen that message."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-19/teen-overdoses-after-drinking-poppy-head-tea/4967422

Dudes took 5 kilos who knows how many pods worth of tea he drank, I mean any overdose death is a shame but seriously I wonder why people don't take advantage of all the potentially life saving info that's out there before taking potentially lethal substances.

But when you do enjoy that Mugwump Jissom

Fuckn aye , Bug Powder Dust. The Kruder & Dorfmeister remix off the K&D sessions was where it was at back in the day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tnA4hVf2WA

Fuckn aye , Bug Powder Dust. The Kruder & Dorfmeister remix off the K&D sessions was where it was at back in the day

I saw those two play at the enmore theatre like 10 yrs ago or something, and the place was rocking, the balcony was moving with the people dancing and having so much fun, was a great night, funny thing was though that Kruder and Dorfmeister didn't seem to be talking or getting on very well at all from what we all gathered, it didn't effect the vibe in the crowd as far as I saw though, as I said the place was jumping, but I was also very smashed lol.

Edit - just looked it up, it was 10 yrs ago, good guess.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?2142

the balcony was moving
but I was also very smashed lol.

^Sounds like a good night. I saw bomb the bass at belvoir amphitheater a few years back too twas good fun.

On topic is there a maximum concentration of morphine one could expect to find in poppies to use as a guide for a safe starting point to dose at. Obviously it changes with different varieties and conditions but in the interests of safety is there good starting dose? I found this recipe for laudanum that recommends 4 grams of ground pods from a morphine/opium variety of poppy per person as the sweet spot. Does this sound like too much to anyone experienced in such things? I suppose 2 grams would be a safer starting point.

Recipe stolen from the Shroomery:
Poppyheads contain Opium, because the juice has dried up in the pods. Unfortunately it also contains lots of other constituents which do not help the taste. Now the standard way to extract poppyheads is to make a tea of them. This tastes pretty foul in my opinion and far worse: it negatively affects both potency and richness of the experience, because many alkaloids are stripped from the opium that really ought to be in there. This happens because of heating over 70'C which destroys the Meconic acid which makes the alkaloids more soluble. Meconic acid and Narcotine/noscapine significantly potentiate the Opium without being true narcotics themselves.
To remedy the flavor and extract the whole opium into a tasty beverage I have developed my "Lemon Laudanum".
Be warned that Lemon Laudanum may be highly illegal, but it truely is highly addictive and not forgiving of overdose.

Firstly a quantity of poppyheads is ground to a powder and mixed well. The strength of this is determined. An oral dosage of standardized opium tends to lie in the range of 1-3 grains which is roughly 50-200mg. This strength is usually contained in 2-10gr ground poppyheads, with 4 grams usually falling between these extremes.
Then you know said batch has a given dosage per portion. You could then proceed to make Lemon Laudanum.

LEMON LAUDANUM

water................1/2 liter
lemon juice..........1 lemon/oz
honey................3 tablespoons
ground poppyheads....1 measured dose

1...put the water, honey and lemon juice in an empty 1 liter soda bottle.
2...put this in the refrigerator and chill.
3...add the ground poppyheads and vigorously shake.
4...put this in the refridgerator for at least 2 hours or 12 hours at most.

You can do all this before bedtime and wake up to a laudanum breakfast! It hits you best that way, on a completely empty stomach.

5...pour the liquid through a handkerchief and squeeze the liquid from the "dog", as poppy residue is often called.
6...drink the Lemon Laudanum ice cold and with determination.

1ri3.jpg
these are my babies. I don't plan on smoking it myself but am the 'splatt' of this era and love the way drug chemistry/cultivation/process etc is.

fuck yeh dude super sick pic! is that in goldy as your location suggests? always wondered how poppy would grow around these parts.

ps the citrus look like they could do with some food and water too ;)

Nice crop there!
Could just be the perspective but looks like you're spacing is pretty close though, about 20cm between plants yields the highest amount of pods and alkaloid content.
Unless you're leaving them for seed, once the crowns open you start seeing diminished morphine content, if you harvested the mature pods there's also chance of second flower cycle.

Do you know what variety those are? They've done well even if they are a bit crowded.