• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, the discrepancy between the previous posters and me is insane. I tapered down to about .3 to .4mg bupe insuffulated, and am currently in a pretty unpleasant state. (I quit altogether about 5 days ago)...

I'm really hoping that I don't have these 15 plus days of w/d that are pretty commonly discussed...

I read about 6part7 using loperamide, which is probably what I'm about to try, but what is the actual medical method to get off?

Clonidine, loperamide, get some phenibut if you are getting off benzos (works on gaba and is legal, do a search lots of info)

Oh yeah and for anyone in Australia thinking about bupe, it is 100% free, all the counselling, your doses, doctor visits the lot. It is also 100% confidential, they can't tell anyone you've been to see them unless they get a court order or you put down names of people that they can share the info with, so you aren't black flagged for the rest of your life.

^i'll have to PM you to get the details of how you got onto the bupe here, rolls. i've been trying to get onto the bupe program through my local ATODS for nearly 6 months now and theres little hope of a spot opening up anytime soon for me so i've been forced to look into a heap of different avenues to get there. all of the local GP's are booked out with their prescribing quotas as well. so now im basically playing the waiting game to go down to the royal brisbane hospital for an in-patient rehab. what it is, is a monitored detox over 3-5 days with low dose benzos, NSAIDS and muscle relaxants for the initial detox and then ill start seeing a pain management dr (i've got legit pain) and counsellors as well for the initial few weeks of the program (or as long as i wish to stay in-patient).

Just ring up waranilla (SA) and make a booking for the next day, they will assess you and take a piss test (must be positive) then book you in for a doc the next day, the doc will then further assess you and work out your first dose and what sort of taper regime to put you on.

You then report from 9-11am everyday for 6 days for your dose (you speak to a nurse to assess dose for 5 mins each day, do basic medical check, check BAC etc) they then crush your dose up into a powder in a spoon and watch you for 5 minutes until it's dissolved so you cant divert it.

All 100% free and very easy, very nice understanding doctors and counsellors there. There are tonnes of free programs you can go to as well, maybe 5-10 different ones to choose from. You can also do the same process in the facility over 5 days whilst being supervised and given other meds.

anyone else out there attempt smoking subs? i love smoking OC.80s and and addicted to the immediate feelings and quick come up and it seems to be a bit stronger then inter nasal, blah blah blah anyway this led me to want to try smoking my Suboxone 8mg pills the same way, after lots of research i found little on this subject so i wanted to add my experiment
smoked 1/8 of a sub on foil
trailed easily and simple to smoke on foil, but it tastes disgusting! nothing like oc but after holding in the smoke i feel a slight heaviness starting in my chest/arms

anyone know/can estimate approx duration times and bio-availability? has anyone else tried this? i daily smoke anywhere from 60-150mg and up worth of babys and 80's yet i rarely exp. withdraws n such but got some subs and wanted to get high. any other information on this would be greatly appricated

^You should just snort the sub, it sets in really fast and is ridiculously strong through the nasal cavity. I can feel 0.5 mg snorted quite strongly. To compare to an OC 80, maybe 2mg snorted? Not great for the nose, but smoking isn't too healthy either. I believe the binders in Suboxone are just corn starch and mannitol, but I'm not 100% on the corn starch part...

To answer the bioavailability question, such information would be extremely hard to come by because no medical person has any need to figure such a thing out. Most drugs have their bioavailabilities listed for the routes they are commonly administered through... Suboxone isn't a smoking drug.

Another thing, I thought I was being smart, digging myself out of the huge hole I created for myself by gradually tapering both drugs. How the hell are you supposed to get off Suboxone, when you're breaking the pills down as small as is feasible? I read about 6part7 using loperamide, which is probably what I'm about to try, but what is the actual medical method to get off?
A taper schedule.

If you keep gradually reducing your dose, you'd be surprised "how low you can go" so to speak.

^I did taper, all the way to breaking the 8mg Suboxone down to about 20 pieces, the last ones getting gradually smaller. I estimate I was insuffulating 0.3mg by the last dose, and I still have some pretty unpleasant withdrawl symptoms. My question was, what do you do once you have gone as low as is feasible?

anyone else out there attempt smoking subs? i love smoking OC.80s and and addicted to the immediate feelings and quick come up and it seems to be a bit stronger then inter nasal, blah blah blah anyway this led me to want to try smoking my Suboxone 8mg pills the same way, after lots of research i found little on this subject so i wanted to add my experiment
smoked 1/8 of a sub on foil
trailed easily and simple to smoke on foil, but it tastes disgusting! nothing like oc but after holding in the smoke i feel a slight heaviness starting in my chest/arms

anyone know/can estimate approx duration times and bio-availability? has anyone else tried this? i daily smoke anywhere from 60-150mg and up worth of babys and 80's yet i rarely exp. withdraws n such but got some subs and wanted to get high. any other information on this would be greatly appricated

Don't smoke babies. That's supposed to be a pun on whatever you call "babies" (I haven't heard that as a slang term for drugs before).

But, seriously, don't smoke Suboxone. I'm sure the fact that it "tastes disgusting" when you tried it isn't a good sign.

I have no more info to share though - if I knew that this could be done safely I would surely share on how to - I have never attempted to smoke nor snort Suboxone before - I don't think it would be worth it for myself, personally speaking.

^I did taper, all the way to breaking the 8mg Suboxone down to about 20 pieces, the last ones getting gradually smaller. I estimate I was insuffulating 0.3mg by the last dose, and I still have some pretty unpleasant withdrawl symptoms. My question was, what do you do once you have gone as low as is feasible?

Go a bit lower?

The options in the US are limited as far as tapering with opiates goes.

You have the options of methadone and buprenorphine, legally speaking.

You can get any other drug you want (not necessary legal in the US though) to help come off of buprenorphine. However, more buprenorphine - or methadone, are essentially it.

There are other approaches to ORT, but not many would be better suited for the job other than buprenorphine.

I would suggest to taper even lower - to about 0.25mg or 0.2mg per dose (0.2mg each dose which would be 40 piles from a 8mg pill) - this should help out.

Another suggestion is to acquire any short acting opiates you can which you know you won't have a problem with taking (I don't have a problem with any other opiate other than heroin - hence I can take hydrocodone or codeine and not feel any need to repeat the experience) - this can help.

You can also try out benzos, or weed, whatever really does it for you. However, these last 2 suggestions aren't a "legal alternative" like Suboxone or Methadone are.

If you want to move to the UK; they have approved dihydrocodeine (DHC) for ORT either by itself or alongside MMT (methadone maintenance therapy), so that is a legal option for UK residents. From what I heard from BL'ers from the UK, it's kind of hard to get from a doctor for the purpose of tapering - but some have managed to get it.

I'm sorry the law hasn't caught up to practicality in any sense of the word.

Last edited:
-> Suboxone Mega Thread.

Talking about coming off of Suboxone goes into the Suboxone Mega Thread too.

major bump

i just wanted to comment that the mods on this thread r doing a great job.. n sir cap-e-ton heroin u being off h fer soo long i think ur rank should b removed lol na tho in all seriousness tho everyone knows me but i don't think we have had the pleasure of talking but ur great man keep up the good work.. n all the senior mods that kno me u already kno Watt it is

but just a Lil side bar i'd like to kno watts good wit benzo's n sub..

i have been on sub for over a year n sum change maybe longer n zans Lil less than that with them i was doing 2 zans a day 1 mg, in combo wit the sub ' dosed together lol ' but anywho now i do 2 mgs of blues or bars orally wit my normal dose of sub which is usually around 2 to 4 mgs sniffed/snorted..

n my concern is the whole idea behind these 2 together i mean i kno the basics i wouldn't be combining them if i didn't..

but i wanna kno in detail.. plus Watt would it b like wit the withdraws cuz i kno benzo withdraw is bad alone.. i wanna kno Watt im doin to myself or can do..

plus these aren't really my drug of choice i kinda got caught up in it wit my wife who which everyone knows was in a bad car incident with metal rods n screws in her back broke ribs broke t2 thru t10 large scars permit damage the list goes on so she's on these meds for pain self medicaided n prescribed.. lol

but to Da other question i love psyc's n they love me so these combo's that i use daily combined witt ecstasy/mushrooms/nos/bzp [ witt the occasional dirty e ]/special k/2-cb sum other rc's n other psyc's that may happen to pop up not all at the same time of course. Watt would these substances combined do to the psyc's?? as much info as u can tell me cuz that is a wide array of substances..

plus if ms. mod lacey k.. my home girl katy if u look at this thread call me!!! when u gonna visit again?? or if anyone talks to her tell her to hit me

I would have to say anyone would be hard pressed to find a doc in the US who would willingly give you a script for any opiates to help get off Bupe because most of us got addicted to those very opiates that would help and they would not encourage us to ever use again under any circumstances. They would consider that a failure, even if you voluntarily went on bupe. Now once I had to have surgery after being on 16mg a day of bupe for about six weeks. My doc told me to stop and gave me 30 Perc 10s for the day before surgery (to keep the sick away) and for pain management after surgery (I got 5mg Vics and then 28 dilaudids from the surgeon and ER). Because I was going to jump back on bupe, he had no problems holding me over. But I just don't see him giving me even Ultram to help get off the bupe because there have been reports that even something like Ultram has caused some people to relapse.

What's the best way to take suboxone? i mean snorting it, crushing it up then put it under the tongue or put it under the tongue? also I want to start tapering off, I've been prescribed this stuff for a really long time and i think i want to stop taking it but i've read the wd's can be pretty bad if you just stop taking it so I'm wondering if I should come up with a schedule to start tapering off

^Yes, taper, read some above posts. I'm having trouble coming off 0.3mg snorted per day. (snorting is a good bit stronger than under the tongue, maybe 2x as strong, give or take... If you're gonna put under your tongue, don't crush it first because you will swallow much more.)

Go a bit lower?

The options in the US are limited as far as tapering with opiates goes.

You have the options of methadone and buprenorphine, legally speaking.

You can get any other drug you want (not necessary legal in the US though) to help come off of buprenorphine. However, more buprenorphine - or methadone, are essentially it.

There are other approaches to ORT, but not many would be better suited for the job other than buprenorphine.

I would suggest to taper even lower - to about 0.25mg or 0.2mg per dose (0.2mg each dose which would be 40 piles from a 8mg pill) - this should help out.

Another suggestion is to acquire any short acting opiates you can which you know you won't have a problem with taking (I don't have a problem with any other opiate other than heroin - hence I can take hydrocodone or codeine and not feel any need to repeat the experience) - this can help.

You can also try out benzos, or weed, whatever really does it for you. However, these last 2 suggestions aren't a "legal alternative" like Suboxone or Methadone are.

If you want to move to the UK; they have approved dihydrocodeine (DHC) for ORT either by itself or alongside MMT (methadone maintenance therapy), so that is a legal option for UK residents. From what I heard from BL'ers from the UK, it's kind of hard to get from a doctor for the purpose of tapering - but some have managed to get it.

I'm sorry the law hasn't caught up to practicality in any sense of the word.

Yeah, unfortunately for me, I just moved and don't have access to the street drugs I did a month ago, and my supply only allowed to taper down to the ~0.3mg... I was buying the bupe off the street because of the ridiculous price of the doctors, and the fact that I had originally switched to methadone to taper, which I hated. (And $11 per day at the clinic!?! My ass!)

I really wish I could drive back to my hometown and buy some damn hydrocodone, taper from there, and then smoke a joint... Oh well, hopefully a bit of loperamide, some extra clonazepam (on top of what I'm already addicted to :(), and some Tylenol will suffice.

Well BollWeevil, I just hope you keep me and everyone else updated through this whole process, especially in terms of how long your w/d is lasting and such. I'm going to be jumping off Suboxone after 13 months on after tapering to 0.5mg - 1mg a day. I'm scared. lol

does bupe actually stop all OXY w/d? I want stop the 2 week binge im on... i have plenty of subs..

but im hoping i will be able to go to work and act normal.. and not look ridiculous or feel like shit at work...

only been taking like 60-90mgs of oxy a day

oh and i dose every day at around 5pm and dont even start really feeling w/d until 5pm the next day 24hrs later

Last edited:
^the subs are only going to alleviate the wd symptons from the oxy until you're ready to then come off the buprenorphine. to get completely clean you're going to have the face the wd's sooner or later, whether they're related to the bupe or oxy. the bupe taper gives you the advantage of being able to taper down your dose to avoid as much of the discomfort as you can.

^^ thanks but does the BUPE eliminate all OXY w/d and make me appear "normal"???

Im just worried about the work thing... i cannot appear dopesick or acting not normal at work il bbe fucked for alot of reasons

of course, it's an opiate. with the kind of tolerance you have around 1-2mg should hold you more than sufficiently. bupe is a lot more potent than oxy so you dont want to go taking over the top doses of the bupe to hold you because you'll only end up raising your tolerance overall

Status
Not open for further replies.